Continuous beeping on A119 V3?

It was not a comment directed at you and not meant to offend. It was about being 100% sure as what to buy and what you need to be aware of and that even from reliable source you can get a bad one. Even some suppliers have been caught unaware by fakes. The exclamation marks were to emphasize that there is a risk for the unknowing buyer.

OK, you are obviously a very well intentioned and helpful fellow but how can you say your comment was "not directed at you" when you quoted me directly and then continue to press the argument even after I pointed out that one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Additionally, the entire point of recommending that folks purchase cards directly from Amazon is to insure that one avoids fakes, so why do you now feel the need to make the immaterial comment that, "Even some suppliers have been caught unaware by fakes."

You are making more out of this than any intension on my side. It as always been and always will be a buyers beware market everywhere. I have returned a multitude of different items to Amazon that have not been as exactly as stated. Admittedly not Amazon's fault and they have always refunded me. Amazon is a safe as you can be buying anything but there is always a risk when distance buying.

Fakes are getting more refined and difficult to spot visually without do a lengthy check with software.

My apologies if you have take anything the wrong way it was never meant to offend just to try and make people aware of the pit falls looking for an SD Card.

You are making more out of this than any intension on my side. It as always been and always will be a buyers beware market everywhere. I have returned a multitude of different items to Amazon that have not been as exactly as stated. Admittedly not Amazon's fault and they have always refunded me. Amazon is a safe as you can be buying anything but there is always a risk when distance buying.

Fakes are getting more refined and difficult to spot visually without do a lengthy check with software.

My apologies if you have take anything the wrong way it was never meant to offend just to try and make people aware of the pit falls looking for an SD Card.

Nine posts ago, I made the simple, straightforward, accurate and verifiable suggestion that people should purchase memory cards that state on the offering page "ships from and sold by Amazon" and in doing so they will be certain to receive the authentic item but for some peculiar reason you felt the need to challenge my suggestion along with entirely non sequitur commentary about speed & performance ratings and yet despite numerous efforts to explain, clarify and put this to bed you are still at this! And you keep needling over and over on the same irrelevant points and now go so far as to claim that "I'm" the one making more out of this than you intended. Seriously? What do you expect would happen if you keep this up? This is tiresome, tedious and a complete waste of my time and energy and has been from the get go. I've had enough of it.

Last edited:
Wish you wouldn't include all these latin words in your posts!

Why is that? It's a commonly used expression, at least in American English.

Non sequitur:
n
1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

Why is that? It's a commonly used expression, at least in American English.

Non sequitur:
n
1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.
This is a global forum, not a USA forum.

Neither of those definitions seem to fit, Tractor was expanding on what was previously posted, adding useful information, and what he posted was correct.

This is a global forum, not a USA forum.

Neither of those definitions seem to fit, Tractor was expanding on what was previously posted, adding useful information, and what he posted was correct.

It's not a UK forum either as you so often seem to think it is as most everything you say emanates from your provincial UK bubble.

Tractor's comments about purchasing cards that can offer performance that are up to the task are certainly helpful and valid but he should make those comments on his own accord and not take issue with someone else's post that is about another topic entirely.

Nigel, it looks like yet once again you are seeking to initiate a gratuitously manufactured tiff with me and I simply won't tolerate it. Why not crawl back into your little hole?

Last edited:
It's not a UK forum either as you so often seem to think it is as most everything you say emanates from your provincial UK bubble.

Tractor's comments about purchasing cards that can offer performance that are up to the task are certainly helpful and valid but he should make those comments on his own accord and not take issue with someone else's post that is about another topic entirely.

Nigel, it looks like yet once again you are seeking to initial a gratuitously manufactured tiff with me and I simply won't tolerate it. Why not crawl back into your little hole?
As I read his post, it appeared that he quoted your post because he was expanding on it, not taking issue with it! A perfectly normal thing to do.

Maybe you need to take into account that your language and other peoples language may be a little different, especially after he has explained that you have not understood his "intension".

As I read his post, it appeared that he quoted your post because he was expanding on it, not taking issue with it! A perfectly normal thing to do.

Maybe you need to take into account that your language and other peoples language may be a little different, especially after he has explained that you have not understood his "intension".

When someone explains that you can buy authentic memory cards with absolute certainty if you simply buy ones on Amazon that state: "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and someone quotes your remark with the challenging statement, "Hopefully!!!" and then goes on to say, "Provide you buy a decent brand and speed rating." they are questioning your definitive remark and doing so with unrelated, irrelevant logic even if there is some truth in it.

BTW, since you feel superior enough to scold someone for using a common noun often employed in American English that happens to have been derived from latin, please stop using the UK expressions "bonnet", (instead of the more universal "hood", or "boot" (instead of the more universally employed "trunk") or "petrol" (instead of "gasoline"), or "windscreen" (instead of "windshield"), etc., etc, etc. This is a global forum, afterall! ;) And It just happens that large swaths of the English language happen to be derived from and influenced by Latin, as are all Germanic languages.

Sorry, I'm not putting gas in my petrol tank, the tank is designed for liquid fuel not gas fuel. Petrol is the correct scientific word, derived from the latin for "rock oil" and used across the English speaking world from the UK through India and all the way down to New Zealand, with the exception of North America which for some reason uses a British brand name!

Sorry, I'm not putting gas in my petrol tank, the tank is designed for liquid fuel not gas fuel. Petrol is the correct scientific word, derived from the latin for "rock oil" and used across the English speaking world from the UK through India and all the way down to New Zealand, with the exception of North America.

As usual, Nigel you sound like you have a bad case of gas! :smuggrin:

Apparently, I was right, you were indeed looking to manufacture yet another gratuitous spat with me. Really about time for you to sod off! :asshat:;)

Wah, didn't expect to see so much drama....

Anyhow, The memory in question was purchased from a legit shop in Toronto, Canada called "The Source" https://www.thesource.ca/
Interesting enough when i try to format (Overwrite format) mode with Memory Card Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html), it fails but when i do quick format it works fine...

I guess, ill try another memory card and see if the issue still persists.
Any comments on the Amazon Samsung Select cards? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B06XWZWYVP

Interesting enough when i try to format (Overwrite format) mode with Memory Card Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html), it fails but when i do quick format it works fine...
that's an indicator that the controller is ok but the flash itself has an issue, quick format only resets the FAT and doesn't touch the memory, can just be a faulty card, even the real ones have problems

Any comments on the Amazon Samsung Select cards? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B06XWZWYVP
the Amazon cards are fine

Excellent idea! :)
Wah, didn't expect to see so much drama....

Yes, these Samsung cards will be fine.

Returning to the point I was originally trying to make, these Samsung cards state: "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca", so you can be assured that they are authentic.

Also note that the sales page description says, "Products shipped and sold by Amazon.ca are supported by the Samsung Canada warranty."

ships_from.jpg

As for the other source, as @Tractor correctly pointed out earlier sometimes even a legit vendor may not be aware they have some counterfeit memory cards in stock so it will be up to you to verify.

Just for anyone that is curious, i did some tests

825uXtG.jpg

Attachments

• Mem test.jpg
    Mem test.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 8
I'm wondering if the card had collected some protected files which prevented a full format ?

.... and maybe was causing some issue with the dashcam

Back