Q800 poor video quality

make sure you're viewing the files on computer at full resolution, they're not about video quality though so don't expect miracles

How can they be not about video quality at $500 mark?

And it's not even decent quality, it's downright garbage.

sorry to waste your time I just thought it would be helpful to show what other 2k video looks like from other devices that's all

Ah got it!

Since we're comparing 2k clips then, here are two raw clips straight from the Thinkware Micro SD recorded with camera I just bought 4 days ago.

Ah got it!

Since we're comparing 2k clips then, here are two raw clips straight from the Thinkware Micro SD recorded with camera I just bought 4 days ago.
what is the bit rate on those clips you just provided?

you brought up something, I have a polarizer for my drone, I should put it on the dashboard and have it record in 2k 30FPS and compare it to the Q800. Maybe DJI will come out with a dashcam.
DJI MA is 100 Mbs bitrate H.265

Video Resolution​
4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 24/25/30p
2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30/48/50/60p
FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
HD: 1280×720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
Max Video Bitrate​
100Mbps

you brought up something, I have a polarizer for my drone, I should put it on the dashboard and have it record in 2k 30FPS and compare it to the Q800. Maybe DJI will come out with a dashcam.
DJI MA is 100 Mbs bitrate H.265

Video Resolution​
4K Ultra HD: 3840×2160 24/25/30p
2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30/48/50/60p
FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
HD: 1280×720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p
Max Video Bitrate​
100Mbps
That wold be wonderful if they did as they excel with they hardware and specially their cameras. overall high quality products they put on the market, the reason I love my my mavic and phantom. But so far I don't see any signs of them putting one the market anytime soon but also they are well known for being very secretive of their future product line. would be quite nice if they surprise us with a game-changer dashcam.

I have just ordered a mini SD extension cable to mount the memory chip outside the camera for easy access for me but if someone does a smash and grab the chip will probably be left in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07DS7TL9Z

Reactions: EGS
I have just ordered a mini SD extension cable to mount the memory chip outside the camera for easy access for me but if someone does a smash and grab the chip will probably be left in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07DS7TL9Z
That sounds like a good solution for ease of access. For theft protection it is a matter to figure out the best way to secure and hide the ribbon as much as possible in case someone steals the camera ans perhaps you get to keep your footage like you mentioned. i like the idea

yeah not great but I don't think yours is faulty
Not sure you can say it's not faulty when you can't read a single plate in good lighting and at short distance!
Maybe that is how it is designed, but in that case it is a faulty design?
Almost looks like the plates have been deliberately blurred out for privacy reasons!

Alright, I'll guess I'll return it and hope for the best with a Viofo.
Which one are you going for?
Guaranteed to be better image quality whichever one!

Not sure you can say it's not faulty when you can't read a single plate in good lighting and at short distance!
Maybe that is how it is designed, but in that case it is a faulty design?
Almost looks like the plates have been deliberately blurred out for privacy reasons!

Which one are you going for?
Guaranteed to be better image quality whichever one!
I agree, and regardless of faulty or not, me personally I wouldn't be happy at all with such image quality specially at that price point.

...specially at that price point.
No problem reading close plates on a sub-$50 Blueskysea B1W, so I'm not convinced the price point is relevant!

Reactions: EGS
No problem reading close plates on a sub-$50 Blueskysea B1W, so I'm not convinced the price point is relevant!
It doesn't feel good seeing a way cheaper camera outperforming an expensive one when it comes to image quality. I understand that there are other aspects to take in consideration that the cheap cameras can not provide comparing to the high dollar ones. it is a matter of what each individual is willing to sacrifice.

I've returned both my Q800s and re-installed my F 750 & F750
Video quality is pretty much the same , but at least they don't overheat.
I shall mis the unlimited parking though...

now seriously looking at the new K2S dual remote cameras, which at 179 usd seems a good deal

now seriously looking at the new K2S dual remote cameras, which at 179 usd seems a good deal
Might also be worth looking at the Viofo motorcycle camera which is about to arrive, video quality will be somewhat higher.
Think of the K2S as a Mini 0906 compared to a Viofo A129.

yeah, that's what I was thinking of too...

and a few things make me hesitant:
no buffering in parking mode.
can't use both g-force AND motion detection at the same time in park mode.
microphone is in the "base station" which would go in the trunk.

but the footage I've seen so far seems just as good as the f750/f770/q800...

A few years back I was this close to buying the K1S, which I saw first on techmoan's website.
I loved the remote lenses, but after googling a bit more I quickly learned about it's many problems,
the very worst being that it sometimes would not film!

Back