Q800 poor video quality

but it's for my car.. or am I missing something here ? - you have a link?
It has dual remote cameras and a central DVR box, which is what you were talking about.
The fact that they are waterproof is unlikely to be a problem! Although it means that you can mount them on your side mirrors :)
There is no link at the moment, Viofo has posted about it on a few threads but only to say it is coming and to request testers, no details.
I happen to have one, just can't give any detail at the moment, should be able to soon, but if you want something urgently then look elsewhere.

The K2S I have uses IMX323 sensors, which do give a nice detailed image, but are not so good in the dark compared to the newer sensors and don't have as much dynamic range. Not sure what the current production units have, there was talk of upgrading them.
Not sure about the parking modes, but the Viofo may have an answer to the microphone.

Last edited:
Which one are you going for?
Guaranteed to be better image quality whichever one!

I got the VIOFO A119 V3, and I'm thoroughly impressed by the quality.

The only downside is it didn't come with rear camera (Although for the price and how easy it is to wire, I'm thinking of buying another one)

I'm looking forward to their motorcycle cam!

Is there any new information from Thinkware? My Q800PRO also has a very bad video quality. You can recognize license plates only very rarely, actually only when driving at walking pace or while standing. I think the bad quality caused by too high compression of the video data. When will the Thinkware finally improve the video quality because at a price of 368,- Euro we can expect top quality?

Saw the image quality is improved in firmware 1.02.00 Update 2019-11-14.

I recently switched to a Q800PRO from a F800PRO and I'm quite disappointed at the Q800PRO's video quality: they claim it's 1440p but it's visibly worse than my old, cheap AUKEY DR02's 1080p. Besides, Q800PRO's video quality gain on the F800PRO's is minimal and mostly not noticeable at all.

By the way, is there any way to 'tweak' the cam's video bitrate to a higher value?

I recently switched to a Q800PRO from a F800PRO and I'm quite disappointed at the Q800PRO's video quality: they claim it's 1440p but it's visibly worse than my old, cheap AUKEY DR02's 1080p. Besides, Q800PRO's video quality gain on the F800PRO's is minimal and mostly not noticeable at all.

By the way, is there any way to 'tweak' the cam's video bitrate to a higher value?

Did you update to the latest firmware? Can try the latest firmware 1.02.01?

Mt Q800PRO features the latest firmware (see bottom left corner of the attached picture). Still, picture quality is poor. In example, you can't even read the Mercedes' plate clearly.Schermata-2021-08-17-alle-18.02.50.jpg

Last edited:
Back