B2W Sample Videos

I checked the shooting with different camera tilt, and it turned out that our usual settings, where 30% of the sky, are not suitable for B2W. The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table) and the interior camera shoots the interior, not the ceiling.
At the beginning of the video (firmware B2W-0726-E-02), the front camera is omitted below (as we are used to on other dashcams), and then I moved it to the correct position
B2W FW 260719_v.2 camera DOWN standing.jpg B2W FW 260719_v.2  camera UP mid image.jpg
raw video (71 MB) here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Sv5FcvmvOrNnQdYXH35tOHUo6YO7wW4Z

as well as the view from the rear camera in the cabin
B2W FW 260719_v.2 Rear camera DOWN front cam..jpg B2W FW 260719_v.2  Rear camera UP front cam..jpg

I checked the shooting with different camera tilt, and it turned out that our usual settings, where 30% of the sky, are not suitable for B2W. The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table) and the interior camera shoots the interior, not the ceiling.
I think that makes sense given the design of the camera, if you tilted the camera so the front was lower the rear camera aim would be poor, a 50/50 split seems more logical

The cameras need to be positioned vertically, 50% of the sky is obtained, but in this case the front camera shoots with the correct exposure (it seems to me that this is provided for in the exposure metering table)
Yes, it seems that the B2W metering is setup for 50/50 sky/ground. I've never noticed a problem with the exposure on the B2W.

@estore009 Is it possible to mute all sounds on the B2W, including the startup sound?

And if you also have a regular dual camera, it can cover both sides giving 360 degrees:

Which camera (s) have been used to get those 360 view please!!?? This is what I have been searching for

Thanks

This may have been done with the B2W and possibly another 2-channel cam. The B2W offers a large range of rotation for both it's lenses, but there's only two of them so one unit alone can't give 360 degree coverage. The way this cam's lenses can be rotated so easily and so much is one of my favorite features with it (y) It's currently my primary cam and I haven't yet seen anything else tempting me to change that choice :)

Phil

Which camera (s) have been used to get those 360 view please!!?? This is what I have been searching for

Thanks
That was a Viofo A129 Pro (or maybe A129 Duo - can't remember which) for the front and rear, and like SawMaster suggests, the Blueskysea B2W for the side views.

Only issue I have with using the B2W in that way is that once you have mounted the B2W, it is difficult to mount the other camera sensibly where it doesn't block the view of the B2W!

My current preference is for a 4 channel camera with a Viofo A129 Duo style front and rear camera and 2x Viofo A129 IR style internal cameras, one mounted at my rear view mirror facing backwards which captures a view out both sides at the back end of the car and the other mounted on the rear high level brake light facing forward which captures the view out both sides towards the front of the car, they also capture the inside of the car from both front and rear so nothing is missed by people hiding behind headrests. It gives an outside view that is much easier to understand what is happening than having one camera do just the left and the other do the right as in my above example. Effectively the two internal cameras are giving an outside front/rear view similar to the standard front/rear, except that the front view viewpoint is from the rear of the car so includes the sides at the front, and similar for the rear, so you can use any dual camera with one camera remote for the internal views, but the Viofo A129 Ir cameras are much easier to mount in sensible positions than other options. This layout also means that you don't need an excessively wide fisheye field of view for the side cameras, a normal field of view works nicely and the other vehicles move through the view as your brain expects and understands. I can't tell you what camera(s) I am using for that, and it is not yet available anyway.

I have posted a 1-minute video on the new Dash website - this is a project that @edvision promotes on the DCT, hosting is designed to host the video taken by the dashcam and store this video so that you can share this video with others. In addition to the video, a motion track is displayed if your dash has a GPS module.
I set it up for the public if someone wants to try and browse through it? Here is a link to the full GPS file taken from B2W.

video B2W on Dash.jpg

PS: If you edit the file (simple cropping to accommodate a shorter file) - the program does not detect GPS data and the track is not displayed. Only when you place the original video file in full size can you see the track.

Last edited:
How about the PIP mode? Playback two clips (front and rear camera) at the same time?

How about the PIP mode? Playback two clips (front and rear camera) at the same time?
This is an interesting idea (y) , but it seems to me that the developers have not thought about this task yet

Here's how you can use B2B if turn the interior camera to the right (to the extreme position), then I can record what is happening to the right of the car

PS: When the sun is shining bright, the image is better through the glass of the back door, because the glass is tinted

Me too. I think it's the best feature of this design as you can quickly aim it left or right over a wide range to better capture an incident without losing the aim of the front cam. With the front cam also adjusting similarly, you can have 360 degree coverage, just not all at the same time.

Phil

@Leonauto thanks for sharing your great feedback about Dash :D

We have thought about it and it is in our product roadmap. We will implement this feature in the future for sure as there are quite a few multi-channel dash cams on the market.
I'd be interested to learn more from your perspective about the different use cases for PIP mode. Would it be mainly to investigate footage depicting accidents for instance?

This dash cam looks great btw!

We have thought about it and it is in our product roadmap. We will implement this feature in the future for sure as there are quite a few multi-channel dash cams on the market.
I'd be interested to learn more from your perspective about the different use cases for PIP mode. Would it be mainly to investigate footage depicting accidents for instance?
I noticed in another standalone player just released that they support multi channel by playing in multiple windows (side by side, or top and bottom) rather than picture in picture, I think that's actually a better solution as nothing is obscured from overlaying video

Back