[Question] Wiring Compatibility | DR650GW-2CH vs DR900S-2CH

nunz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a DR650GW-2CH dual-camera system in my vehicle.

Are all the wires that connect the front and rear cameras in the DR650GW-2CH system completely compatible with all the wires for the DR900-2CH system? Or, do I have to install a new set of wires for the DR900-2CH system?

Please advise. Thank you!

I currently have a DR650GW-2CH dual-camera system in my vehicle.

Are all the wires that connect the front and rear cameras in the DR650GW-2CH system completely compatible with all the wires for the DR900-2CH system? Or, do I have to install a new set of wires for the DR900-2CH system?

Please advise. Thank you!

Unfortunately the cable that connects the rear to the front camera is not the same on the 900 so you will need to replace the 650 cable with the 900 one.

Thank you, silverfox, for writing to me. I really needed this information mainly to prepare myself for the extent of installation for a 900. So, I appreciate your information greatly.

If you have the BlackVue OEM coaxial cable then it's the same for the DR650S and DR900S. BlackVue's website also confirms this: https://www.blackvue.com/product/coaxial-cable/

One thing to note - they made the coaxial cable more durable when the DR750S came out, but the coaxial cables will fit all 3 models nonetheless.

If you have the BlackVue OEM coaxial cable then it's the same for the DR650S and DR900S. BlackVue's website also confirms this: https://www.blackvue.com/product/coaxial-cable/

One thing to note - they made the coaxial cable more durable when the DR750S came out, but the coaxial cables will fit all 3 models nonetheless.

You are correct, it does say they are compatible on the BlackVue website but in practice that aren’t, or at least mine wasn't. When I upgraded to the 900S from the 650GW the connector on the 650 cable would not fit in the 900 camera socket. It was very slightly bigger so rather than force it I decided to use the cable that came with the 900S.

Last edited:
Are you sure you were using OEM BlackVue? For example, our coaxial cable for the DR650S wouldn't fit the DR750S and DR900S.

However, our OEM BlackVue cables do fit for all 3 models.

I don't know about the 900 but I can confirm that the exact came cable works for the 650GW, 650S, and 750S. In fact, the only thing different was the front camera mount in the 750S.

Are you sure you were using OEM BlackVue? For example, our coaxial cable for the DR650S wouldn't fit the DR750S and DR900S.

However, our OEM BlackVue cables do fit for all 3 models.

They were both the cable that came in the box. Perhaps I was being a bit cautious. I would have preferred not to have replaced the cable as it was a pain removing the old one and installing the new one behind all the panelling.

I really appreciate this thread. If I purchase a DR900-2CH, I can in the least try to see if the existing coax for my DR650GW-2CH can be used.

Though it is not directly related to this thread, can I ask a few follow-up questions?
1. The brackets for the front cameras for DR650GW-2CH and DR900-2CH are not compatible, correct?
2. How about the brackets for the rear cameras?

I really appreciate this thread. If I purchase a DR900-2CH, I can in the least try to see if the existing coax for my DR650GW-2CH can be used.

Though it is not directly related to this thread, can I ask a few follow-up questions?
1. The brackets for the front cameras for DR650GW-2CH and DR900-2CH are not compatible, correct?

The front bracket isn’t but the rear one is.

Back