Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

when and where will these be available in the uk and is there any plans for a waterproof rear cam for van drivers?
I guess they will appear in Viofo's Amazon UK store within a few weeks time.

There is always the Viofo website, although I'm not sure if that would dispatch from the UK or not.

Not aware of any plan for a waterproof rear camera for the A129 Pro.

Last edited:
The amazon com and ca listings should be live next week. Direct Preorders are now open on our ocdtronic site.

Now in stock for USA customers, Amazon (B07Y7M4YNQ) listing is live (limited quantities, more on the way)

1569961913101.png

Looking to buy, but I haven’t seen any mention of how the pro handles excessive heat. My 129 duo is sitting at home collecting dust because it would constantly shut down during hot 100+ degree days along with my sg9663dc and blackvue dr750s. I swapped in a q800pro and it has held up very well in high heat. I would love the 129 pro since I do like how affordable their cams are and their support here on the forums. But, if they can’t handle heat I’ll have to buy another Thinkware.
Edit: I saw somewhere between pages 15-17 the 129 pro shuts down around 85*F. Well there goes my hopes of a getting the viofo 4k camera. It’s 99*F today so it would definitely have heat issues in my car.

Last edited:
I think you got the models mixed up. :giggle:

Looking to buy, but I haven’t seen any mention of how the pro handles excessive heat. My 129 duo is sitting at home collecting dust because it would constantly shut down during hot 100+ degree days along with my sg9663dc and blackvue dr750s. I swapped in a q800pro and it has held up very well in high heat. I would love the 129 pro since I do like how affordable their cams are and their support here on the forums. But, if they can’t handle heat I’ll have to buy another Thinkware.
Edit: I saw somewhere between pages 15-17 the 129 pro shuts down around 85*F. Well there goes my hopes of a getting the viofo 4k camera. It’s 99*F today so it would definitely have heat issues in my car.
85C

The a129 pro isn’t the 4K dash cam pictured above in post #362?

Was in reply to your comment about Q800 working fine with high temps and the rest of the mentioned models not.

I've been using it in Texas (San Antonio) for the last 3 weeks or so - have not had any heat issues. Has been in the high 90s during the entire time, and my car sits baking in the sun all day. However, I do not use parking mode. I have never held the A129 Duo, but the Pro feels extremely solid - much more heavy than the A119V3 and A119S I still own. Not sure if that is due to more heatsinking or not, but the unit feels way more "solid" that the A119 series.

I've been using it in Texas (San Antonio) for the last 3 weeks or so - have not had any heat issues. Has been in the high 90s during the entire time, and my car sits baking in the sun all day. However, I do not use parking mode. I have never held the A129 Duo, but the Pro feels extremely solid - much more heavy than the A119V3 and A119S I still own. Not sure if that is due to more heatsinking or not, but the unit feels way more "solid" that the A119 series.

I think you mean heavier. :)

Was in reply to your comment about Q800 working fine with high temps and the rest of the mentioned models not.
Lol, but nope. As mentioned, my post is my experience with all of the listed cameras.

The a129 pro isn’t the 4K dash cam pictured above in post #362?

Same, but this one pictured above has the duo, not single channel, which means two cameras front and rear. And you got the heat temps wrong as well. Not 85 degrees Fahrenheit but 85 Celsius which is much higher.

Yes!! I am also in San Antonio and I leave my car in the sun as well. To date, the only camera that has not gonna into thermal shutdown have been an old a119, 2 wr1’s, Thinkware f800pro and now my current camera the q800pro. I do use parking mode with my Thinkware cameras as well.

My dr750s sits in my Texas mile car for live streaming which is garage kept and doesn’t need parking mode.

Thank you for sharing! I’ll probably order a pro for my daily driver and mount it next to my q800pro.

Same, but this one pictured above has the duo, not single channel, which means two cameras front and rear. And you got the heat temps wrong as well. Not 85 degrees Fahrenheit but 85 Celsius which is much higher.
Speaking of the pro I mean the duo since all of my previous premium dash cams have all been two channel systems, but I probably have to be specific for some readers here as they can tend to not understand that I was referring to the duo and not a single channel pro.

Thank you for clarifying; I skimmed over the pages and didn’t see it was Celsius.

Thanks @OCD Tronic, got my A129 Pro Duo 4K delivered, and I installed it in my X5 using HK3 hardwiring kit with littlefuse mini fuse taps. Driving and Parking modes are running well, just the WiFi viofo app freezes the dashcam if you change certain settings. Also the A129 pro date/time keeps adjusting 1 day forward if you Pause/Resume recording.

36DB965D-E0BF-4450-B2FC-BCF3217D19D8.jpegD6BB587F-F9BB-4BB3-A1C1-6C9018CBB876.jpeg

D6BB587F-F9BB-4BB3-A1C1-6C9018CBB876.jpeg
Looking at your install, I suggest leaving a 1 cm air gap all around the camera for ventilation/cooling, looks from this angle like yours may have zero gap on the left.

So the retail version have the 4K UHD logo...:love:Just hope those stickers are 3M,because I will stick it on plastic..

Looking at your install, I suggest leaving a 1 cm air gap all around the camera for ventilation/cooling, looks from this angle like yours may have zero gap on the left.
Yes I left a gap all around it since there are air vents on the left and right sides. The unit does run warmer than my previous Panorama X2 which recently stopped working after 4 years.
.07B27804-AD9A-4E57-B761-5941023F41D3.jpeg

ugh it would be cool if they had a trade in program where if you had the FHD version you could trade it for a discount on the 4k version. But then again, Im not sure I need 4k now :unsure:

ugh it would be cool if they had a trade in program where if you had the FHD version you could trade it for a discount on the 4k version. But then again, Im not sure I need 4k now :unsure:
That is what Ebay auctions are for ;)

I haven't been watching A129 prices, but fully working and undamaged electronic equipment from a brand/model with a good reputation often sells for around 2/3rds of original price. You might do better selling it as a full Duo since there is probably more competition for that.

Back