Mobius Maxi Wi-Fi

It seems to be able to record at 1440p and stream via wifi at the same time.
FW 2.26 and Mobius Cam V1.0.3.

their app still needs to be coded accordingly, Android 9 falls back to cellular when the wifi has no internet
it's getting really annoying to use "Forget network" and re-enter the Maxi wifi password everytime I want to connect , to a point where I stopped using the app.
@Mobius , when can we expect this to be fixed?

it's getting really annoying to use "Forget network" and re-enter the Maxi wifi password everytime I want to connect , to a point where I stopped using the app.
@Mobius , when can we expect this to be fixed?
I don't think this is a Mobius problem. I have to do the same with the mobile apps for my GitUp F1 and for my B1W dashcams, and also for my drones that have WiFi cameras. I think the problem is with Android.

I don't think this is a Mobius problem. I have to do the same with the mobile apps for my GitUp F1 and for my B1W dashcams, and also for my drones that have WiFi cameras. I think the problem is with Android.

Same was with JooVuu... never got a clean wifi connect, only after disconnecting mobile 4G...

On the other hand, Foxeer never had that problem, I had Legend 2 and 3, flawless, even with 4G on...

it's fixable but the usual method used for Android 8 is a problem for Android 9, apps need to be updated

I don't know where this problem is based at, but each Android OS is different so that one app can't be expected to work correctly with every Android device. The lack of a limited standard makes it so that a new phone or a new device = usually needing a new app which sucks at the user level :( This is one place where IOS and it's more clearly defined parameters makes for a better approach.

Phil

it's fixable but the usual method used for Android 8 is a problem for Android 9, apps need to be updated
Still a problem for me on Android 10 too

Personally the extra steps to connect to WiFi don't bother me. It only takes a few seconds. I expect Mobius have bigger things to work on.

Okay so we can (kind of) sum it up to this issue being a "Android thing", but in the meantime,
is there anyway I can disable the password completely or at least change it to something shorted than 8 characters ..? the wifi is turned off anyhow after I disconnect from the app.

Okay so we can (kind of) sum it up to this issue being a "Android thing", but in the meantime,
is there anyway I can disable the password completely or at least change it to something shorted than 8 characters ..? the wifi is turned off anyhow after I disconnect from the app.
Instead of forgetting the network and having to redo the password each time try putting your phone in airplane mode and turn wifi back on and then see if you can connect, that often works for this type of issue

I expect Mobius have bigger things to work on.

Bigger things! The Maxi was introduced about a year and a half ago and the camera is still missing vital UI features and has imaging flaws. Despite the positive things about the Maxi, this feels like another example of Mobius not bringing a camera fully to fruition and dropping the ball. Maybe the "bigger thing" Mobius should be working on is producing a camera that actually lives up to its promises, or even exceeds them like they did with the original M1. Personally, I would have liked to see Mobius polish the camera's video capabilities before launching the WiFi features. Then I thought perhaps that would finally happen once WiFi was introduced but it hasn't happened. And as I review this year long thread, it's essentially all about complaints and problems getting WiFi to work properly. :(

Last edited:
Well, the IS the WiFi thread.

By "bigger things", I was referring to the UI, IQ and reliability. I agree with your point that many users want to see more of the UI features that we enjoy in the M1. Both dashcam and RC users have been asking for these for some time. I too would have preferred that they progress IQ and reliability before implementing WiFi and mobile apps. No matter how slick the app interface is for any camera, if the IQ isn't up to scratch or it doesn't start recording 100% of the time then I won't use it.

still the Wifi thread..I for once quite happy with the IQ and one of the main reasons I upgraded to the Maxi (from M1) is the wifi capabilities . So different users different needs I guess.
I can tell here the Maxi already proved itself for me during a small accident (more details on that when all the insurance claims are over) and recorded everything beautifully including the plate number . It could have been nice to show the driver that hit me the video of the accident in realtime - but right now (for me atleast), it's too much of a hassle to connect to the app & cross fingers the app wouldn't crash during the playback

A few days ago, I tried to turn on the wifi on one of the mobius but it wouldn't.
The red LED was blinking a few times at a very fast rate then went off.
Downgrading to the earlier firmware then update didn't help.
Tried turning wifi on again today and it worked....

WiFi will not turn on if the battery charge is low.

I double confirmed the other day, that the Wifi app does update the Maxi time/date,
by entering the config menu on the app while connected to the camera and exiting

Hey guys, I'm new here and got an issue with my brand new maxi - I tried to search about this but couldn't find exactly this problem on the forum. After unpacking I charged the battery for a little to be full, I could try the camera, did a couple of videos and also turned the WIFI on. I successfully connected the android app, and changed some of the settings, etc. On windows10, mSetup could connect and said I have the latest fw on the camera, and I was able to update settings from here, too. Everything was fine.

My issue is that after a while the WIFI from the Mobius Maxi disappeared. Now I only can see it as a "Hidden network", but it stopped distributing a proper SSID and none of the devices can connect to it. I found the original SSID as a saved network in my phone and tried to connect to it manually but it just timeouts with a general error saying it cannot connect to this network.

Do you have any ideas on how to re-enable SSID or factory-reset the camera, or.... anything? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm new here and got an issue with my brand new maxi - I tried to search about this but couldn't find exactly this problem on the forum. After unpacking I charged the battery for a little to be full, I could try the camera, did a couple of videos and also turned the WIFI on. I successfully connected the android app, and changed some of the settings, etc. On windows10, mSetup could connect and said I have the latest fw on the camera, and I was able to update settings from here, too. Everything was fine.

My issue is that after a while the WIFI from the Mobius Maxi disappeared. Now I only can see it as a "Hidden network", but it stopped distributing a proper SSID and none of the devices can connect to it. I found the original SSID as a saved network in my phone and tried to connect to it manually but it just timeouts with a general error saying it cannot connect to this network.

Do you have any ideas on how to re-enable SSID or factory-reset the camera, or.... anything? Thanks in advance!
Try forgetting the network and then reconnect.

Back