Nextbase app problem

Jimmy Lannon

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi iv just purchased a nextbase 412gw , downloaded the app but im having problems connecting to the wifi, iv tried turning off the mobile data but still not connecting, would anyone have a fix please and thanks

Have you activated Wifi on the camera ?

Yes I have done,im thinking that it may be a problem with the app, iv tried deleting it and reinstalling but didn't work either

All I can say is that the App works perfectly with my 380 so it does initiate Wifi.

This is another of those issues that is almost impossible to diagnose without looking over your shoulder.

Just another thought ..... has the App got full permissions to access Wifi on the device?

You might have to turn off 'smart connect' or whatever it's called on your phone.
What phone have you got?

Presumably that's Android. (Which is what I actually meant)

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

I am experiencing a similar problem. Camera says I am connected, phone says I am connected but app just routes me to phone settings as though not connected. I am using an Iphone and am also running 16.2 of Firmware. I have previously been able to connect although successful connection has always been a bit sporadic

I may have found the issue with mine I had duel files turned off but I found out you need this turned on as it uses low for wi-fi connection

Yes - it will be slower with dual files off because its transferring 10 times the amount of data.

It should still work but slower.

It wasn't working at all for me with it turned off the dash cam said connected but app just kept flashing when I tried to connect, when I turned dual files back on it connected so im hoping that was the issue as I heard it uses low res to help with wi-fi connection

I am experiencing a similar problem. Camera says I am connected, phone says I am connected but app just routes me to phone settings as though not connected. I am using an Iphone and am also running 16.2 of Firmware. I have previously been able to connect although successful connection has always been a bit sporadic
You need to have smart connect turned off on the phone, this switches between wi-fi and mobile data, the app wont work with this turned on, im not sure if this is an issue with iPhones but it is with Android

That's interesting.

My Android uses my home Wifi automatically, when in range, then 4G when not. But, when I pop out to the car it connects to my 380 without issue.

That's possibly because you have auto connect (or whatever it's caled ticked on home wifi.
The smart link (or whatever it is called depending on Android/iphones) disconnects from a wifi source that has no internet connection and goes about its jolly way looking for one.

Ok so just got 412GW, downloaded the app connected to the wifi but can when I click Connect Dash Cam it fails to find it. Firm ware 16.2. I have a Galaxy S9. I have tried turning off "Switch to mobile data" and turning off mobile data altogether. No joy. Any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
D 412GW 7
Z 412GW 3
Back