RSC Nano

Still using the 20,000 mah battery pack in temps of -8 to -15 c in an underground Parkade (slightly warmer) and absolutely no loss of charge percentage due to colder temps. After 2 full nights I still have 34% left, just like in summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still the best Dash cam I ever had, it’s working beautifully and had it about a year now I think. I don’t think I could ever go back to a dash cam that didn’t have built-in Wi-Fi and a capacitor.

OK so after a year and one month the dash cam is completely dead. It will not power on no matter what connecter I use so I’m actually going buy another one. Mine is under very heavy use and basically running 24 hours a day on motion sensor in a very busy Parkade when I am not driving.

OK so after a year and one month the dash cam is completely dead.

Welcome to dash cam world. :(

I keep racking my brain, but what other category of consumer product is consistently like this where it's apparently normal for a camera to crap out within a year or two, often along with all kinds of glitches and issue to deal with along the way?

Welcome to dash cam world. :(

I keep racking my brain, but what other category of consumer product is consistently like this where it's apparently normal for a camera to crap out within a year or two, often along with all kinds of glitches and issue to deal with along the way?

Yeah a couple of times in the last year the app crashes when I try to view the videos, and I really love the Wi-Fi and right now is also one of those times about a week ago the app started crashing so RSC is pretty good though when you message them right through the app they usually investigate and then they put an update out right away to fix the problem. So I don’t mind buying another one of these Dash cams because I don’t think for $100 I can get another one the small inconspicuous and with built-in Wi-Fi and a really good app. Yeah I was hoping to get at least a couple years out of it but mine is just under constant heavy use, even though it’s set to motion detection my underground Parkade is extremely busy all hours of the day when it’s being used with battery banks.

So I take it then that this is a common occurrence with many Dash cams?

I don’t think it’s a bad microSD card for the reason it is not powering on right? I’m also going to check my cigarette plug in connecter and the cable to make sure it’s not that before I buy a new cam.

I don’t think it’s a bad microSD card for the reason it is not powering on right? I’m also going to check my cigarette plug in connecter and the cable to make sure it’s not that before I buy a new cam.

I’ve had a bad card prevent a camera from powering up. No lights or anything. Worth trying another card.

I had the WR-1 version and it ran one full summer in the heat 24/7 without problems before my user-error destroyed it. Loved the little bugger even though it had audio recording issues. Only Mobius and the F1 have the smallness this cam does which IMHO is it's greatest asset.

Check the cam with a home-type phone charger; if that makes it work correctly you've got a PS problem and if not, then it's a cam or card problem.

Phil

I had the WR-1 version and it ran one full summer in the heat 24/7 without problems before my user-error destroyed it. Loved the little bugger even though it had audio recording issues. Only Mobius and the F1 have the smallness this cam does which IMHO is it's greatest asset.

Check the cam with a home-type phone charger; if that makes it work correctly you've got a PS problem and if not, then it's a cam or card problem.

Phil

PS?

Power Supply.

Ah ok thanks. Yeah I will be testing it out in about two hours. Hoping I don’t have to buy a whole new dash cam. I did notice four days ago before a long trip that the first time I plug in the dash cam it wouldn’t turn on so I unplug and then replug it in and then it worked and I never thought much of it but that was the first time that ever happened so maybe that’s a clue

My plug in part is good, I mean this thing (see pic) and the green light is on when it is plugged in so I know my cigar socket is hot
7099b43846befa40bf95baf35145c441.jpg

Yeah it’s just the plug-in part that goes into the socket that thing went bad because I can’t charge my iPhone with it but when I bypass that and plug the dash cam or my phone directly into the power bank it works good.

Thanks guys

Yeah it’s just the plug-in part that goes into the socket that thing went bad because I can’t charge my iPhone with it but when I bypass that and plug the dash cam or my phone directly into the power bank it works good.

I've experienced a similar problem on a few occasions with the same type of USB power supplies. Occasionally, sockets like that can develop some oxidation or corrosion just from being out in a car for long periods of time, or they can be subject to wear and tear from repeated plugging and unplugging. Often a good contact cleaner will resolve the problem as well as help prevent it from happening again. It's certainly worth a try.

Caig's DeoxIT D5 is the best available in my view because of its unique corrosion dissolving and contact enhancing properties but you can use any good quality contact cleaner. I use it periodically on all connections on my dash cams.

https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/

deoxit.jpg

Last edited:
I've experienced a similar problem on a few occasions with the same type of USB power supplies. Occasionally, sockets like that can develop some oxidation or corrosion just from being out in a car for long periods of time, or they can be subject to wear and tear from repeated plugging and unplugging. Often a good contact cleaner will resolve the problem as well as help prevent it from happening again. It's certainly worth a try. I periodically treat all my camera and power connections with DeoxIT.

Caig's DeoxIT D5 is the best available in my view because of its unique corrosion dissolving and contact enhancing properties but you can use any good quality contact cleaner. I use it periodically on all connections on my dash cams.

https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/

View attachment 49130

Interesting. I’ll ask my dad if he has anything because he was an electrician.

I found this one for sale locally and it’s probably the only good one I can get for now but as long as it does the job. I assume most Dash cams are a 2 to 5 watt input

I dig the light.

f68d9a00c186668c8fad5c626c27ea86.jpg
2640676d3a2304d834f4ae190463d614.jpg

We are still selling WR1, but not listed on our website.
For US and Canada market, we recommend user buy from RSC.

what other category of consumer product is consistently like this where it's apparently normal for a camera to crap out within a year or two

My LG TV are from 2007, but there was the Samsung capacitor scandal where a lot of peoples Samsung televisions crapped out after a couple of years, and it was just poor capacitors used some place in the TV, so for a expert easy fix, but for the ordinary TV user a big problem.
Samsung settled the class action lawsuit.

Planned obsolescence are a thing, but not necessary it for dashcams in general, where it is probably more a case of greed.

My LG TV are from 2007, but there was the Samsung capacitor scandal where a lot of peoples Samsung televisions crapped out after a couple of years, and it was just poor capacitors used some place in the TV, so for a expert easy fix, but for the ordinary TV user a big problem.
Samsung settled the class action lawsuit.

Planned obsolescence are a thing, but not necessary it for dashcams in general, where it is probably more a case of greed.

My 32 inch Phillips from 1999 is still going strong ;-) yeah it’s old-school tube but the sound is so good on this thing it’s unbelievable so I keep it around LOL. But as for Samsung you’re not kidding my cousin went through two of them in four years and this was just recently in the last four years. So they went with the new American company called Vizio and apparently they are rated as excellent. GE and RCA are American also and they had terrible reviews in the last 15 years but supposedly this new company is pretty good.

Well today I had a 4 Hour drive on the highway and my RSC nano cam is working beautifully with the new power socket connecter. I’ll be happy if I can get at least a few years out of it.

a0c9cf3888c95fe370c05ebae33959cf.jpg

Back