Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

I keep the garage door cracked with a fan blowing out after parking my car in it. It help keeps the temperature down and more importantly clears out the exhaust fumes because I tuned and modified my car.

160f(71.1c), still running in parking mode. Garage is 86f(30c).
How / where are you measuring the camera temperature?

Mine doesn't show that much temperature difference, but I have one of the older and cooler ones, so I think your's is fine!

Still records well...

No drama, but I'd like to think my brakes and perception are better than this example...

I am using an infrared thermometer to measure around the SD card slot. The hottest part of the camera seems to be the top where I am guessing the heat sink ends. Do you have any pictures of the heat sink by chance?

I had an android head unit that would throttle down too much in the Florida heat, added a beefier heat sink and a fan to that thing and it ran like a champ.

Still records well...
Remarkably uneven road!

I am using an infrared thermometer to measure around the SD card slot. The hottest part of the camera seems to be the top where I am guessing the heat sink ends. Do you have any pictures of the heat sink by chance?

I had an android head unit that would throttle down too much in the Florida heat, added a beefier heat sink and a fan to that thing and it ran like a champ.
I recommend that your don't modify the heatsink, improving it would probably give a negative improvement given the amount of development effort it has already had. The heat travels to the top mainly through convection,

I recommend that your don't modify the heatsink, improving it would probably give a negative improvement given the amount of development effort it has already had. The heat travels to the top mainly through convection,

Oh I don't plan to, going to want to keep the warranty intact.

Some sunset time footage on firmware 0924.CPL filters installed on both cameras,rear windows are factory tinted.I saw some dupes here and there but not bad at all.I saw people saying that A129 Duo's rear camera is better,in my case the image on A129Pro rear camera is much better than on A129 rear camera.The only negative point that I found is the sound.On A129 is stronger,more volume and more bass..Long story short: the A129Pro is a big improvement over the A129 and for me worth the extra cost,this camera worth every penny.

These ones are pointing directly to the sun,for those who want to see the CPL filter effect:

Last edited:
You mean this?

Attachments

• 20191007_182858.jpg
    20191007_182858.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 47
It will be on the Viofo page soon if not already

So I have the camera wired up to the Viofo 3 wire kit now. It's been running the whole time today in my garage, tempreture of the unit has been a steady 160+ throughout the day. The front of my windshield is 112 degrees where the camera is mounted, wouldn't need to de-ice if I lived up north.

Have to say the video IQ looks good - even on YouTube the 4K is decent... (let it settle down before you view, try again in a bit if it's not maxed up)...

Build 924.

What EV you using?

Back