Android Apps

Xybone

Reaction score
Country
United States
In response to an iPhone thread, I think we should have an Android one!
Currently I am using DailyRoads Voyager on a Galaxy S4, but that has a 5 second gap between new videos and only overlays speed/time and doesn't imprint it into the video. Anyone got any other apps?

32vrbNv.jpg

Portrait:
uwbyeTF.png

Video:

Have tried Autoguard black box and Dailyroads Voyager. Neither seem to cope with rain at night as they're more interested in focusing on the wipers & raindrops than the road ahead :(

I realize this thread is about actual DashCam DVR (recording) apps for Android.

My question is, are their any Android DashCam Player apps out there? Say you pop the microSD card into your Android for example. Are there any Android mov/mp4 video playback apps that will show GPS Speed/Location similar to http://dashcamviewer.com or http://registratorviewer.com ?

At this moment I find MX Video is the best.
It's not the clearest or brightest, it doesn't have speed, it's only a video player, but it will with a slight pause, move onto the next file, others you have click on every file you want to look at. I have looked for a speed overlay with out success. The other thing I'm trying is to find a program like Autoboy dashcam which may play the files. My files are in .mov format.

Last edited:
+1 for MX Player (assuming it's the same as MX Video). I use it for reviewing Mobius clips via Kingston MobileLite wi-fi card reader, as I can't be bothered to remove the phone battery to get access to the card slot.

Have tried Autoguard black box and Dailyroads Voyager. Neither seem to cope with rain at night as they're more interested in focusing on the wipers & raindrops than the road ahead :(

set focus mode to INFINITY or FIXED, get rid of the autofocus!

Should work.

At this moment I find MX Video is the best.
It's not the clearest or brightest, it doesn't have speed, it's only a video player, but it will with a slight pause, move onto the next file, others you have click on every file you want to look at. I have looked for a speed overlay with out success. The other thing I'm trying is to find a program like Autoboy dashcam which may play the files. My files are in .mov format.

Really guys, for Android I have searched and searched and tried and tried, the only ones I found usefull (with proper backup from devellopers) are DAILYROADS and VIDEOREG.....

They have it all, gps, speed overlay, all video settings from camera are adjustible, EV+/-, night settings, auto start/stop, movement detect, autostore (G-force), touch screen to store etc.....

Honest!

Autoboy Blackbox works great for me on my old htc desire z. clear, gps and smooth clips.

Back