F770 Making Crunching/Crackling Sound When Shutting Down

kleanphil

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi , ive searched for this issue but couldn't find a thread on it . As the title says , could this just be some feedback through the speaker or something more sinister ? I'm getting a similar noise in my newer F800 Pro

Personally i have never had any reports of Crackling / Crunching sounds. If you listen very closely you may hear a slight static noise / click when they switch to parking mode etc and that is normal. You almost need 'Supermans' hearing to hear it though!

Personally i have never had any reports of Crackling / Crunching sounds. If you listen very closely you may hear a slight static noise / click when they switch to parking mode etc and that is normal. You almost need 'Supermans' hearing to hear it though!
I have my cams connected to Cellink , which I turn off when in the garage , I only hear it then when the cam turns off . other than that it seems fine , hopefully its just static through the speaker , I cant imagine anything else making that noise without the cam being stuffed .

I have my cams connected to Cellink , which I turn off when in the garage , I only hear it then when the cam turns off . other than that it seems fine , hopefully its just static through the speaker , I cant imagine anything else making that noise without the cam being stuffed .

I also have my F770 connected via Cellink B battery and when the vehicle is on the driveway, I also turn the camera off via the right button which is a press & hold untill you hear a tune, and I've never heard any crackling noise during the turn off procedue.

I also have my F770 connected via Cellink B battery and when the vehicle is on the driveway, I also turn the camera off via the right button which is a press & hold untill you hear a tune, and I've never heard any crackling noise during the turn off procedue.
Hi , to be clear I don't use the on/off button on the cam , I switch off the Cellink and allow it to shut down that way and to save power in the Cellink , maybe that could be causing the static

Hi , to be clear I don't use the on/off button on the cam , I switch off the Cellink and allow it to shut down that way and to save power in the Cellink , maybe that could be causing the static

I have always shut it down that way without any problems, as soon as the camera has shutdown there should not be any power drain on the Cellink, in fact my vehicle as its not a daily driver it has been left at times for 4 to 6 weeks before the vehicle is used again, and the cellink is still fully charged, in the past I have checked the capacity by removing the cellink battery and putting on charge with a household mains voltage dedicated 12 volt output, and within a couple of minutes the cellink light states it is fully charged.

I would suggest switching your camera off this way because by removing the power via the cellink you could corrupt your memory card or worse, as the camera is not shutting itself down, it would be the same as your pc being immediately switched off during a power outage, this can corrupt the system file on the hard drive.

Yes that makes sense and I have been aware that it could cause issues but I'm lazy , I have 2 f770 ( 4 way cams ) hooked up so it was easier to just turn off the Cellink rather than turn off 2 cams , i'll see if I can change my habit . I've done this for a few years now with no issue i've noticed but point taken

Yes that makes sense and I have been aware that it could cause issues but I'm lazy , I have 2 f770 ( 4 way cams ) hooked up so it was easier to just turn off the Cellink rather than turn off 2 cams , i'll see if I can change my habit . I've done this for a few years now with no issue i've noticed but point taken

Out of interest did this procedure cure your problem or do you still get a crackle noise when turning off.

Out of interest did this procedure cure your problem or do you still get a crackle noise when turning off.
Hi , the reason I posted here was because I was selling it and was hoping to find a solution before it sold , it sold before I could test . If he returns it i'll test it then ;)

Back