Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

For those who want to see the video quality at 2K 60fps+FullHD 30fps....
I will leave this settings on my camera for the moment,because I want the 60fps framerate on the front camera and quality/smoothness is good.
I thought the A129PRO had the maximum 1080p 60fps in dual mode,but finding 2K 60fps in resolution settings was a nice surprise,good job @viofo

Firmware: 0924
Resolution: 2K 60fps F+FullHd 30FPS R
EV Front: -1/3
EV Rear: 0
Bitrate: Maximum
CPL Filter: ON both Front+Rear,rear factory tint too.
I have cleaned the lens and CPL filters and didn't realise the front camera position is one step up,sorry for that...

Last edited:
These tunnels here were full of water exactly one month ago(13th of September),because of the heavy rain in one night,check the attached picture..

Resolution: 4K 30fps F+FullHd 30FPS R
EV Front: 0
Bitrate: High
CPL Filter: ON both Front+Rear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191013-213659_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20191013-213659_WhatsApp.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
For those who want to see the video quality at 2K 60fps+FullHD 30fps....
I will leave this settings on my camera for the moment,because I want the 60fps framerate on the front camera and quality/smoothness is good.
I thought the A129PRO had the maximum 1080p 60fps in dual mode,but finding 2K 60fps in resolution settings was a nice surprise,good job @viofo

Resolution: 2K 60fps F+FullHd 30FPS R
EV Front: -1/3
Bitrate: Maximum
CPL Filter: ON both Front+Rear,rear factory tint too.
I have cleaned the lens and CPL filters and didn't realise the front camera position is one step up,sorry for that...

Thanks for posting your settings Gabilondo, and your videos look great. I noticed my A129 Pro had factory setting of EV +2 (front and back cams). Those exposures were blowing out the highlights in my daytime recordings (sky and license plates). I will also step up Bitrate from High to Maximum. Hopefully my Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB can handle it.

Have you noticed less motion blur at 2K 60fps than 4k 30fps?

I take it you’re from the east coast of Spain, beautiful country. Back in Summer of 2002, I stayed 1 month in Benidorm and Valencia with 2 of my friends and toured Madrid. I wonder how much has changed since then.

I think motion blur is the same..The exposure settings were on 0 in my case,I have just changed to -1/3 on the back camera too,white colours were overexposed on 0 setting,I will see how is going because I use CPL filter and rear window is tinted too..

You are right,I'm living on Costa Blanca,Benidorm is 100km north from the place I live and Valencia 215km north too..beautiful country I love it too :love:

Last edited:
Firmware version 1.1 has been posted on the official Viofo forums. It fixed the issue where I couldn't connect the camera to my phone using the Viofo app. Link to firmware: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ix0RQoPGk5J0d2i3K0b_D7c7y8BRQSrz

thanks for the update, I been having the issue where A129 pro freezes after any change to settings via WiFi VIOFO app (iOS). Also trying to view files by WiFi freezes the camera (have to unplug power) to reset.

Hey everyone, this is my first post, I found this forum after doing a lot of researches online and it this forum seemed to be the best place to go to get first hands feedback & reviews.
I found a lot of interesting information on this post about the new Viofo A129PRo.

I was hesitating between the A119v3 and A129 pro 4k but after reading this thread I think it's safe to say that the A129 pro offers overall a better image quality with a wider field of view and of course higher resolution.

I just had a question, is Viofo selling the A129 pro front alone, without the 1080p rear camera? I have a convertible so I have no use for a read camera.

Thanks

Hey everyone, this is my first post, I found this forum after doing a lot of researches online and it this forum seemed to be the best place to go to get first hands feedback & reviews.
I found a lot of interesting information on this post about the new Viofo A129PRo.

I was hesitating between the A119v3 and A129 pro 4k but after reading this thread I think it's safe to say that the A129 pro offers overall a better image quality with a wider field of view and of course higher resolution.

I just had a question, is Viofo selling the A129 pro front alone, without the 1080p rear camera? I have a convertible so I have no use for a read camera.

Thanks
Yes, you can buy the A129 PRO front only from viofo.com site, currently under production.

thanks for the update, I been having the issue where A129 pro freezes after any change to settings via WiFi VIOFO app (iOS). Also trying to view files by WiFi freezes the camera (have to unplug power) to reset.
For Pro version, we highly recommend users to choose the 5GHz Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi transfer speed is a big difference compared to 2.4GHz.

Yes, you can buy the A129 PRO front only from viofo.com site, currently under production.

Hey thanks for your reply Viofo.
Currently on your site I can only find the A129 Pro Duo.

When you say "currently under production" do you mean that you will soon offer the option to buy only the front A129 Pro 4k?
If yes do you have a timeline?

Hey thanks for your reply Viofo.
Currently on your site I can only find the A129 Pro Duo.

When you say "currently under production" do you mean that you will soon offer the option to buy only the front A129 Pro 4k?
If yes do you have a timeline?

They aren't selling just the front cam in Australia yet when I asked the Australian arm of Viofo. They are only selling the "DUO" here so far. As TonyM has linked, the font cam only package is in the US but hasn’t made it to Australia yet. Probably will be soon though.

Hey guys, my camera turned off today in parking mode in the middle of the hot Aussie sun. Is it just heat protection kicking in? I also had a windshield shade up which caused the space between the windscreen-camera to get even hotter than usual - that's probably why.

I have just noticed that night footage or lower light conditions(tunnel,garage) on the rear camera,have a duplicated frame every 5 frames :oops:
Firmware 0924,WDR OFF,EV 0.Can be an overexposure issue?because in daylight is fine,only a dupe here and there,nothing to worry. @viofo can you have a check on this?

Last edited:
Same here @gabilondo77 - just checked my h265 footage from 0924 and same problem in that too when I go through step by step playback in IINA on a Mac.

Interestingly it's as though the timing is off and it's actually 24 / 25fps footage as in the 30fps footage I've checked it's not missing anything and movement isn't jumping after each of the duplicate dark frames.

Maybe the SoC deciding due to the darkness and the exposure setting it wants for each frame it's using higher than a 33ms exposure time.

Ie 1000/30 = 33ms and 1000/25 = 40ms. Maybe due to the darkness it's using 40ms and therefore only having enough frames to fill 25 out of 30 each second.

The DOD cameras used to write the used ISO on each video, it's kind of debug stuff which users aren't really interested in but if the camera wrote the exposure time on each frame (technically I guess it would be stamped on the next frame assuming it can be done that fast) you'd easily know what was going on.

Last edited:
The DOD cameras used to write the used ISO on each video, it's kind of debug stuff which users aren't really interested in but if the camera wrote the exposure time on each frame (technically I guess it would be stamped on the next frame assuming it can be done that fast) you'd easily know what was going on.
at best there's around 1 second delay for anything embedded in the video

at best there's around 1 second delay for anything embedded in the video
Exposure shouldn't be changing that fast anyway, DJI put the exposure and other info in the subtitles which update once a second and that works fine.

Exposure shouldn't be changing that fast anyway, DJI put the exposure and other info in the subtitles which update once a second and that works fine.
point was you're not going to be able to examine it frame by frame and know what ISO was used, moot point though as it's not the issue anyway, it's a bug that's fixable, most likely they just weren't aware of it

Back