how to identify a fake Mini 0801

Can it be a fake? How to check what type of chip is inside?

seems it is base on Amba A2S60+OV2710.
the night vision is not so good as the WDR function is not supported by Amba A2 chipset.
and please keep the lens clean. (don't touch the lens with fingers)

to check the chipset inside, please use the "photograph" function to take a photo and check the property; there is "camera maker" and "camera model" in "detail information" tab.

enjoy!

So this one is a fake?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/B00HU2LT4M
All buyers appear to be quite happy with the cam?

Best regards

Michael
This was the case on Amazon with the knock off DVR-027s as well. People are happy with it because as you will notice they say things like "does it's job","For the price, great", or "Great price for low quality video" Not a lot of every day drivers know better yet or are willing to even spend 50-100 dollars for something they just learned about.

The knock off does power on and record video, and most people seem to be happy with that fact.

So I certainly won't be happy with the fake cam as I am coming from a vf300w with excellent video quality...

An in depth look into Amazon's reviews shows that most reviews are "first timers" and partly even use very similar wording, German language style and errors so one could even assume that some of the reviews might come from the same origin.

Unfortunately I have ordered such cam this morning - I will try it and report!

Best regards

Mick

Unfortunately I have ordered such cam this morning - I will try it and report!
I know Amazon US lets you cancel an order before it ships, but if that is not possible to look on the bright side you will be able to pick it a part and do a review and write up to help other members stay away from knock offs.

Don't feel bad everyone gets burned once or twice it sucks, but it happens. I got burned once with that knock off DVR-027 before i found this site, and then I got burned by the GS8000 (Not L) that turned out to be filled with reliability problems.

The cam will arrive in 5 hours according to DHL tracking...

But that's fine as we have a 14 day right to withdraw from the contract; so consumers can check if the items meet their requirements. Buying on Amazon's platform is making me quite confident that seller will respect the consumer rights.

Let's wait and see :)

Best regards
Mick

OK, I have it in my hands. First impressions of the Adam's cam can be found in this thread.

Best regards

Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understood correctly foxoffer sells original mini 0801.
I'm confused because version with builded 8GB internal memory and GPS logger is cheaper than version with GPS and no internal memory.
Model without GPS logger ($85.99)
with GPS logger ( +$6.90 )
with GPS logger and 8GB internal memory ( +$5.90 )

Elmir(e),

I got mine from FoxOffer with the GPS (no internal memory) for $85.99 - that is the default option.
His website is bit confusing at times. If you add both versions to your cart, you can see that the one with internal memory is slightly more exspensive:

Mini 0801 Ambarella A2S60 1080P Car DVR with GPS logger
  • Model - with GPS logger
  • Shipping By - Singapore Post
$85.99
Mini 0801 Ambarella A2S60 1080P Car DVR with GPS logger
  • Model - with GPS logger and 8GB internal memory
  • Shipping By - Singapore Post
$91.89

BTW this is my second camera from FoxOffer and both time purchase process was straight forward and cameras arrived in ~10 days (to Australia). So far very happy with my Mini0801. Came with 16/01/2014 firmware.
Can't wait for jokiing's camera to be released though: http://www.guardtrak.info/

Thanks Walter
I already placed my order for the unit with 8GB internal memory and GPS Logger $91.89
I was just curios because this model is cheaper then unit without internal memory.
Singapore Post has much faster shipping time even for Bosnia. For me it was another reason to choose foxoffer
Vratice se Valter :) by Dubioza Kolektiv

I already placed my order for the unit with 8GB internal memory and GPS Logger $91.89
I was just curios because this model is cheaper then unit without internal memory.

That was probably mistake on FoxOffer site. When I ordered last month, and right now, the pricing is as per my previous post - ie. model without internal memory is slightly cheaper. He doesn't offer no GPS option (even if you don't select radio button, it defaults to with GPS @ $85.99).

Sehen Sie diese Stadt? Das ist Walter ;)

Last edited:
That was probably mistake on FoxOffer site. When I ordered last month, and right now, the pricing is as per my previous post - ie. model without internal memory is slightly cheaper. He doesn't offer no GPS option (even if you don't select radio button, it defaults to with GPS @ $85.99).

Sehen Sie diese Stadt? Das ist Walter ;)
Just 3 days a go you had options to choose 3 combination like i wrote in my very first post in this thread.
Now I can see there is only two option just like you described.

@ Tobi
It looks that Walter and I have same home-country.
"Walter Defends Sarajevo" was very popular movie in our childhood. ;)

Elmir would get it - reference to old WWII movie ;)
Yep. It was very popular in China to :D
Valter.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I just received my Mini 0801 - no internal - no GPS.

I bought it from eBay User: fonestop, a.k.a Larry a.k.a OjoCam

Firmware Loaded: 20140306

Very fast shipping and he answered all my questions promptly! Ordered it on March 20 and got it into my hand on the morning of March 24.

Here are some pictures of the un-boxing and how it actually looks like:

DSCF2335_zps42ca34f1.jpg

DSCF2336_zpsda18ca7b.jpg

DSCF2337_zps7119591a.jpg

DSCF2338_zps8d875dff.jpg

DSCF2342_zpse691f5d0.jpg

DSCF2343_zps48ece4a1.jpg

DSCF2346_zpse816c87f.jpg

DSCF2348_zps50290b09.jpg

DSCF2345_zps5ba789cf.jpg

DSCF2344_zps06e13e5d.jpg

Still waiting on my Samsung 32GB microSD CLASS 6 to arrive from NewEgg...once it arrives....Testing time baby!

UPDATE: Mar. 26: Got my Samsung card....

I did a quick drive to test the camera...works great! I will let it fill up and see how it behaves when overwriting older files. I also took a picture with it and looked at the properties to see the camera maker/model. Here it is:

1_zps49e5e193.jpg

Last edited:
So this one is a fake?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/B00HU2LT4M
All buyers appear to be quite happy with the cam?

Best regards

Michael

Samoon use the iTracker mark on their car camera, but I confirmed with Samoon twice, they confirmed they never produced similar 0801 camera? Maybe they don't tell me the truth?

Another copy version named Z6, use Ambarella A2S30, only support 720P.
1200-1.jpg

Back