Tobi@s

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
none
Last edited by a moderator:
My Dad ordered one last week from this seller: Has it returned already. Doesn't seem to be an 'original' 0801. It records MP4 Files (no MOV, no TS). The picture quality is not as good as my 0801 from joovuu.

The iTracker name is usually associated with Samoon but they don't have access to this model, not sure what its origins are

Thats interesting. They changed their product pictures. At the time I posted it there where original Mini0801 pictures.

Hi,
That does appear to be fake. It appears to be the same version that companies keep approaching me to sell. It's cheap and not very good. I have a fake unit lying about somewhere I think and the difference in quality (just feeling it) is enough to tell you which one to stay away from. Just to re-iterate www.JooVuu.com's is the AUTHENTIC Mini 0801 as verified by @Rayman.Chan and can be bought here: https://joovuu.com/gb/home/64-mini-0801-car-dvr.html with a free memory card.

Cheers,

JooVuu

Got the "Itracker 0801" cam from Adam GmbH today. First impressions (please refer to this post for comparison):
  • "Lines" instead of "venting holes" next to lens
  • Red instead of blue menu
  • Contacts in GPS mount are made of bonded flat material instead of solid bolts. One of the contacts was misaligned already when taken out of the box
  • According to the German manual I am not allowed to install any firmware for Mini 0801 cams from Internet (unless directly provided by seller)
  • According to the German manual I am not allowed to use other micro SD cards than class 10 (!?)
  • According to the German manual I am not allowed to use another 5V power supply than the provided cable (allegedly because other power cables won't supply Voltage within limits and because all other cables are even supposed to empty the cam's battery if 12V is off. Apparently they have changed the pins in comparison with normal Mini USB for some strange reason)
  • G Sensor ist disabled and German manual recommends not enabling it as running through any pothole is supposed to protect the referring recording thus fastly filling the complete SD Card. On the other hand I have not found any option to manually protect a certain recording, e.g. by pressing a certain key
  • Apparently there is no automatic date/time correction via GPS, other than advertised (but I still am not sure about that).
  • Firmware version is 201312251004
BTW: I have not the slightest idea if Rayman Chan's comparison indeed separates "original" from "fake" Mini 0801 cameras. I have just added his comparison for reference. It is quite likely that my cam still does a good, albeit its low light abilities - as far as I can say at the moment - stay way behind my current VF300W (of course this comparison is not exactly fair - 0801 comes without WDR).

Here some pictures:
2014-02-07 10.27.13.jpg 2014-02-07 10.27.50.jpg 2014-02-07 10.28.57.jpg 2014-02-07 10.29.40.jpg 2014-02-07 10.30.14.jpg 2014-02-07 10.32.06.jpg 2014-02-07 10.34.03.jpg 2014-02-07 10.41.57.jpg 2014-02-07 10.47.51.jpg

Let's wait for video quality.

Best regards

Mick

Wow and they sell it for 160USD :O
Well, frankly speaking, chances are not good that I will keep this cam. Way too much hassle with restrictions already outside the car.

Best regards

Mick

Well, frankly speaking, chances are not good that I will keep this cam. Way too much hassle with restrictions already outside the car.

Best regards

Mick

might be a better idea to return it and buy a real one, @JooVuu is in the UK and sells genuine product https://joovuu.com/ always better to go to a known source I think

OK, I have tested the cam's footage. It's rellay not what I expected, even in daylight conditions - it seems that at least the data rate is simply too low for an acceptable result, according to MY opinion. Still cannot say if it's a "fake" (well, a fake requires another original - I am not sure if there is something like an original cam in the Chinese market - maybe there is just a "good version" and a "not that good version"). So I have packed a parcel and will send the cam back to Amazon.de.

I think I will wait for the first reviews of 0801 WDR and then order from Joovuu the UK :)
Or well, maybe I could just preorder that cam right now, I like the size... :D
Oh darn, I am such a gadget fanboy :rolleyes:

Best regards

Mick

Last edited:
Back