A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Now and then i see the car beside me trying to engage me to a street race, and often it is cars with 2 X the engine volume and / or 3 X the power :rolleyes:
But other small cars also try it some times, but whoever it is i just lean back and think retards,,,,, and OMG i was like that myself once.

I almost wrecked my first car racing another car on a piece of wet road about 1/4 mile long and ending in a fairly sharp almost 90 deg L turn and 5 car lengths after that a full stop.
I spun the Volvo around on the late braking into the turn, so i ended up going into the parking lot there backwards. So it was the Chance placement of a parking lot that meant i dident wreck my Volvo 121

The place have been rearranged now so turn not as abrupt and entry to parking lot also moved.

Here's video footage of the test drive with Toyota's inspection team a few weeks back

After leaving the vehicle in their hands at the dealer, I went to the train station with the loaner and spotted them gong back and forth over the tracks, but too fast for the system to activate (over 20mph)

When they pulled into a nearby parking lot, I pulled up next to them and they agreed to let me show them the problem first hand.

They had unplugged my dash cams, but I was able to reconnect two of them for our test drive.

I was able to recreate the problem several times, then left it in their hands.

At the end of the video, you can hear one of the production engineers ask to unplug the cameras again, so I took them all with me for further inspection (the interior footage of them disconnecting the cams will remain private for now)

This morning my neighbor's van was hit by an H2 while he was backing out of his driveway.

He asked if I had footage, so I threw this together

Rather looks like he hit the H2 rather than the H2 hitting him, even though the H2 driver should have not tried to squeeze through the shrinking space at high speed. What was the outcome of all the standing around chatting? 50-50 seems sensible...

Rather looks like he hit the H2 rather than the H2 hitting him,...
That was my impression as well. In Michigan if you're involved in a collision while reversing the assumption is you're at fault unless there's evidence to the contrary, and I don't see that. 'Bill' was reversing from private property into a roadway - it's his responsibility to insure he can do so safely. Didn't even appear that the Hummer was traveling all that fast.

On the other hand he wasent racing in reverse onto the road, i personally think the hummer driver are a selfish idiot.
Sure his view was somewhat blocked, so he did the only thing he could do, reverse nice and slow so others have the chance to react accordingly,,,, but maybe the omnipresent "mutual consideration" from the Danish traffic code don't apply over there.
So to me the argument is, was he reversing slow enough,,,,, i think so, the H2 should have stopped, instead it decided to press on and endanger others,,,,,, and that's not cool.

I'd like to see more video from the front camera. From what I can see it looks like the Hummer had no more than 1 or 2 seconds maximum to react once the van came into view, not enough time to stop for sure. His view of the van was blocked as was the van drivers view of oncoming traffic.

Could have been made less risky if the van driver had reversed into the driveway so he could drive out forward giving him a much better view of the roadway.

Clearly it is a residential road, the H2 shouldn't have been doing more than 20MPH, only needed 1 second to stop for the huge white van that would be hard to miss if you were looking in the direction of travel. Van was reversing for a full 10 seconds before the collision, even if local custom is that you accelerate instead of giving way to people reversing out of driveways in residential areas, H2 driver still wasn't very sensible.

Yeah i would recommend the old guy to reverse into his driveway if it is the norm with case parked at the curb like that.
I would also assume the H2 would be able to see the van reversing over the camera car, so H2 driver should know what might be coming.

Here it is the same,,,, i mean with people driving as they bloody well please.
When i exit the back yard on my right there is a slight turn in the road, so to the right i can not see more than 7 - 8 car lengths, so often with that direction clear i drive out and turn left, only to see a car right on my ass the moment my car are straitened up.
And i don't get that cuz right where cars come into view for me looking in that direction there is a intersection, so i am amazed they can get up to 50 kmh that fast,,,, and pull right up to mu bumper as to tell me something.
BUT ! i am in my right to pull out when i cant see any traffic.
blind spot.jpg

For me the problem are compounded in the daytime as a lot of students here park on my street, so also hard to see anything to the left when i exit the tunnel thru the building.

A co-workwer got clobbered yesterday leaving a house I've worked one (and will probably return to). The yard to the left of the drive has plantings which you can't see through unless you stop well short of the road, and while you're looking through that 'slot' you have to watch for traffic coming over the hill from the right under the trees at the same time. You get one chance to decide and go, then one second later you're car is in in the roadway blind, with another second passing before you can see to the left again o_O The car that hit him from the left was witnessed to be going about 50% over the speed limit, but my friend bore legal fault for entering a roadway without yielding to traffic on it :( Which here means he gets all the blame; we have no fault sharing process. That driveway scares me and I'm not one to be afraid of anything!

The landowner next door was probably legal with the plantings initially, but will still be liable under civil law as he intentionally created a foreseeable hazard with them when they grew untrimmed. Neither the Goverment or the Insurers will prosecute for that so my friend will have to sue on his own. Probably 2-3 years before that gets sorted out. His passenger was injured and may need knee surgery plus he's got a claim for lost time at work until he can return :cry: Things like this are legally messy here in SC USA and the only ones who al;ways win are the Lawyers who get paid regardless of the outcome :mad:

Phil

After a 2 week vacation, I come back to work on Monday to a packed parking lot, so I pull over the side and wait for the shift change.

Meanwhile, one of my co-workers gets irritated when another worker boxes him in and he just loses his mind lol

So I got pulled over for dark tint yesterday.....

Tried a little sumthin different with this video, toggling the views so that the ocifer stays on the main screen while still the other camera views remain PIP

What was she doing for the 5 minutes?

Here the police would already know who you are from the license plate, which their car would have read and looked up the details for before even deciding to stop you.

I assume the tint was a random excuse, wouldn't be allowed here, police need a valid reason for stopping people and your video looks like good evidence for a complaint.

Well, my tint is illegal (4%), although her claim on the windshield was BS cause there is none.

As for what she was doing for 5 minutes, I couldn't care less as long as she wasn't writing me a ticket lol

98 snake have a substantial record :)
In Denmark like in third word dictatorships police can stop who they bloody please, and they don't really need any valid reason.

Here in the US they use what is called a "Terry stop", which has lower standards for implementation than probable cause to stop.

Just like the excesses of our "Patriot Acts", the words and clear intentions of our Constitution have no legal value in the US anymore and the government can do just about anything it wants to :(

Phil

Just like the excesses of our "Patriot Acts", the words and clear intentions of our Constitution have no legal value in the US anymore and the government can do just about anything it wants to :(

skip through to the last 10 minutes or so for an explanation on a 70's case that set an interesting precedent

I am thinking about studying languages and quantum-language-parse-syntsx-grammar as it have been put to my attention that documents you might receive are pure mumbo jumbo

Language are strange, so you start a sentence with the word "IF", well that automatic say everything in that sentence following that word are a assumption.
And that sound pretty simple to me, so getting a letter with that word in it, well then the sender are hedging all bets and pretty much leave it to you as the recipient to assume what you think the letter say.
Probably guided by other words used in that letter.

Last edited:
I would get a locked mailbox if that man moved into my street.

Back