SG9663DC & DCPRO: Wi-Fi Feature Now Supported

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
SG9663DCPRO
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.34.20 AM.pngAfter successfully completing our beta testing—a big shout out to all the DCT forum members for their feedback—the official firmware which enables Wi-Fi has been released.

I'd like to underscore that the Wi-Fi feature is supported for all models of the DCPRO and even the original DC! However, you must update your camera to the latest firmware which can be found using the following link: https://support.streetguardian.info/downloads#firmware

The Street Guardian App for Android and Apple iOS can be downloaded using the links below.

Android:

Apple iOS:

I've included some photos of the Apple iOS App:

IMG_0492.PNGIMG_0540.JPGIMG_0543.JPGIMG_0507.PNGIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0532.PNGIMG_0533.PNGIMG_0537.PNGIMG_0538.PNG

Please let our support team know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
The shortcut to turning on / off wifi on your camera will be a short press of the power button.

And when wifi are on you will have to manually start recording, but we must underline wifi are there for you to do setting changes and transfer videos to your phone.
The live preview will work just fine with a short lag, but it is not recommended to have it going while driving, you should focus on your driving and have as little distractions going while driving.

Street Guardian promote safe driving. (y)

And when wifi are on you will have to manually start recording, but we must underline wifi are there for you to do setting changes and transfer videos to your phone.
The live preview will work just fine with a short lag, but it is not recommended to have it going while driving, you should focus on your driving and have as little distractions going while driving.

Street Guardian promote safe driving. (y)
it's not intended to use WiFi while recording, there's no practical reason to have it on, it's just generating heat for no reason

No but many wish to go down that path, and we must do our best to stop their silly venture.

yeah, when you have wifi on then the camera is not recording, be aware of that. its caught me out a few times, you have to manually turn it off on the camera else you wont record anything when driving.

I do wish the Wi-Fi signal was a little stronger and did not randomly disconnect while I’m downloading a clip. Maybe this is due to a bad phone case or interference from other devices nearby?

Otherwise, great camera! I’m loving it.

I do wish the Wi-Fi signal was a little stronger and did not randomly disconnect while I’m downloading a clip. Maybe this is due to a bad phone case or interference from other devices nearby?

Otherwise, great camera! I’m loving it.
what phone do you have?

I noticed 2 oddities on the iOS app after updating my dcpro firmware. My phone is an iPhone X.
1. I attempted to format the sd card through the app but the app seemed to freeze. I force quit it and tried again, same result. Ended up formatting the card through the cam interface. I’m not sure if the app did indeed format the card when I tried, or if it froze before that.
2. I tried to change my wifi password through the app. The keyboard came up, but there was no entry box or dialog for text. I typed in the password I wanted and hope i typed it correctly, pressed return on the keyboard (as there was no dialog box), and sure enough it saved it and I was able to reconnect to the WiFi.

Let me know if you need any more info! If I have some time I can try the format again and see if the card does format.

Good job on getting this going!

Tom

Yeah let me know how you go with the formatting, it's not a problem I've seen on Android or iOS so far

Also make sure you are on the latest firmware, there are some things that won't work if you are on an earlier version still

In my testing i have not tried formatting, but as i have just saved a clip from the RO folder i can try that today and not loose anything of value.
But i assume it would be smooth sailing, though my MI9 that got android 10 a few days ago also got yet another android update yesterday.
Im going to visit my dear old mother, and my friends place to swap summer for winter tires, so the little red lightning are ready if we Dane should be blesses with a few inches of snow this winter.

Just did the format via APP test on my SG9663DC, and everything was well.
APPcaminfo.jpg

There are a range of other cheaper Android 10 phones, UMIDIGI that made my last phone already have like a handful of android 10 phones,,,,, with stock android.

Stupid question time. Firmware update is complete.I can find the camera listed on my iPhones, 'Choose network', but when the Ap asks for 'your password', does this mean that I am creating anew password of my choice, or is it asking for an existing password that I don't know about?

Back