SG9663DC & DCPRO: Wi-Fi Feature Now Supported

Just few questions (improvement suggestions maybe)

Are you planning to change the app so that it can connect to home wifi? E.g.: I would be able to check live stream or download videos from computer/phone while connected to same wifi. Or eventually "wake up" camera and connect to it remotely from anywhere?

It would be helpful to be able to play at least preview of recorded videos in phone as its not always clear from thumbnail what video I am about to download.

I would not like to have wifi on all the time, but i could do with automated backup over a home wifi to a NAS or something, and then have the camera wifi turn off when done. ( if this was fast transfer speeds so backup could be done fast )
Personally i would only be interested in backing up files in the read only folder ( events ) but i can see commercial interests in saving every driving minute, but this are a forum for commercial dashcams.

Are you able to store/backup a configuration “profile” or whatever you’d call if, so that you don’t have to go in and reset everything from scratch (and from the best of your recollection) after a firmware update?

No but i think it is something that are being worked on.
It is a bit annoying having to go your your settings again and again, at least as a tester.
loading a stored settings profile from the APP is something i would like to use wifi for

Are you able to store/backup a configuration “profile” or whatever you’d call if, so that you don’t have to go in and reset everything from scratch (and from the best of your recollection) after a firmware update?
not something that can be done via the app

Are you planning to change the app so that it can connect to home wifi?
No

E.g.: I would be able to check live stream or download videos from computer/phone while connected to same wifi.
the wifi is not fast enough for this to be practical, also it is only on when manually enabled

Or eventually "wake up" camera and connect to it remotely from anywhere?
we are working on this for an upcoming model

It would be helpful to be able to play at least preview of recorded videos in phone as its not always clear from thumbnail what video I am about to download.
we had this function but had to disable it, a lot of phones won't play the files smoothly when streaming

we are working on this for an upcoming model
What will be the use case of this since it would not be possible to check live stream due to slow wifi?

we had this function but had to disable it, a lot of phones won't play the files smoothly when streaming
could it be maybe a toggle in settings of app? So people with better phones would be able to preview video first?
or generate few thumbnails (every 20 or 30 seconds) and show that?

I think up coming chip sets might support faster wifi, what we have now are pretty much a novelty and why we only recommend to use it for doing settings and maybe 1-2 files download to phone now and then.
The few things i might like to do with wifi would all be worthless with current dashcams, but if future dashcams could match the 300 mbit speed that seem to be the max of my phone that would be nice, and mean i would also be possible to do something with dashcam & home wifi if i liked to.

yes, thats my goal as well, as I have other wifi cameras and I can check them when I am not at home.. I kinda thought that it would be possible once official app is released but I see now that its hardware problem

anyway.. another suggestion would be to somehow mark videos from "RO" folder in the list of videos so that I can quickly check if there is something new after car has been parked

not something that can be done via the app
Well, hey, it’s a 1.0 release, so people shouldn’t be too disappointed if not every function is ready to go. Clearly if you can write individual configuration parameters from the app, the app can easily save them all locally and write them later. Any plans to add that basic function any time soon?

I am known for over simplifying things, so for me it is easy to store the camera settings in the APP on the phone, and reinsert those again to the camera.
Maybe have the option to have several settings files, say to have a settings profile that up EV on cameras at night with a press of "a" button. ( useful if you have CPL or tinted glass )
I mean if you do a setting change on the phone BOOM its there on the camera, so why wouldn't you be able to do a batch settings update with a click of a button.

Unsure on how the 2 parts communicate, i assume that with wifi on and you connect your phone, the APP ask the camera for all settings ( maybe get those in a form you can save like a document )
Cuz all the camera settings are right there, question is if you make a change to just one of those settings is that all that is passed onto the camera, or do it send all the settings values again with just the one you have changed.
If you somehow could do batch settings back and forward, than you should be able to take all the settings in the APP right now ( as its done now ) or hit a button and select to send saved settings instead.

Last edited:
What will be the use case of this since it would not be possible to check live stream due to slow wifi?
new model, will have faster wifi, moot point though as the remote access is via 4G/LTE
could it be maybe a toggle in settings of app? So people with better phones would be able to preview video first?
or generate few thumbnails (every 20 or 30 seconds) and show that?
not on this model

Any plans to add that basic function any time soon?
probably not, not in this generation of hardware at least, it is possible to update the settings via a text file though, it's something we use internally sometimes when setting up multiple cameras

new model, will have faster wifi, moot point though as the remote access is via 4G/LTE

not on this model
oh.. I bought camera too soon :D

what about this one?
another suggestion would be to somehow mark videos from "RO" folder in the list of videos so that I can quickly check if there is something new after car has been parked

I have downloaded videos to my iPhone via WiFi. Downloads quick and good quality video. However the video does not display gps info or mph. how do I get this info to display?

So speed data will display in video? I have mph selected

Hello, glad to have found this site.

Will the viewers eventually work with the SGGCX2PRO and SGGCX2PRO+?

Back