I'm curious as to why this B2W forum is not very active? I recently switched to the B2W dashcam...

jdct

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm curious as to why this B2W forum is not very active? I recently switched to the B2W from another dual infrared dashcam with a very active forum, even though most of the posts there are about problems with that other dashcam.

Is it quiet here because the B2W just does what it says it will and there are no problems to talk about? Or have I missed something in the 2-3 weeks that I've been using it?

From what I've seen so far, it records great video and the infrared mode even has a mechanical it cut filter for better daytime color recording. It sits nicely behind my rear view mirror and seems to work just the way it should.

Is everyone focused on that other dashcam simply because it was available first and people are stuck with it? If there are other happy B2W owners, or even unhappy ones, can you possibly share your opinions?

It's a good camera, nothing much to complain about!

OK, it would be better if it could also take a rear window camera to give front + rear + interior, and it would be nice to have 4K on the front view... but that would be a different camera!

Much better than the Vantrue N2 Pro if that is the other camera you are talking about, and although it is of similar quality to the Viofo A129 IR, if you need to move it between vehicles then the B2W is much easier, and as you say it has an IR cut filter for normal daytime colour.

Yeah the camera appear to function fine, i am running static testing on mine now in my living room window sill.
I think about at the end of the year i will terminate testing on it ( at the moment it see 8 X 30 minutes of recording every day on a timer )
My only complaint as such are its not my kind of cameras as a 2 in 1 unit that i find hard to legally place on my windscreen, hence why i had my car rear view mirror taken out in all the months i tested it in my car.

As for operations in normal mode i have not seen it miss a beat yet, it start with the car key or timer, and it come off fine too.

Yes.
I think the B2W have not seen the momentum of the B1W.
I did my best trying to steer them towards a remote cabin or rear camera, as i feel that will have a larger audience VS a 2 in 1 unit.

Just had a read through an Uber forum with some B2W posts, nothing but good things said, often accompanied by not so good comments about Vantrue batteries!

Much better than the Vantrue N2 Pro if that is the other camera you are talking about, and although it is of similar quality to the Viofo A129 IR, if you need to move it between vehicles then the B2W is much easier, and as you say it has an IR cut filter for normal daytime colour.

No, it was not the Vantrue N2 Pro to which I was comparing. Besides states in the US with relatively steady moderate temperatures (California perhaps?), I don't think a lithium-anything battery is suitable for a dashcam. I had tried the Vantrue for two weeks before the A129 Duo IR was available though, and I chose to return it for refund. The battery obviously had a short expected lifetime.

I did not mention any of the other dashcam models because it was not my intent to slam other products in this forum, but instead keep the focus on the B2W.

Just had a read through an Uber forum with some B2W posts, nothing but good things said, often accompanied by not so good comments about Vantrue batteries!
Can you possibly provide a link to that Uber forum?

Yes.
I think the B2W have not seen the momentum of the B1W.
I did my best trying to steer them towards a remote cabin or rear camera, as i feel that will have a larger audience VS a 2 in 1 unit.

My main goals with a dual camera with IR internal dashcam is to be able to prove that I was indeed wearing my seat belt or not using my mobile phone while driving if a police officer chooses to issue a summons to boost town/local municipality revenue. Likewise in case of any accident to disprove any false claims from other involved driver(s). Having that internal IR enabled camera peeking out from under my mirror seems to be ideal.

If I had to guesstimate, using the double-sided stick tape mount, I think the B2W would possibly fit nicely in 90% of cars/suv's, though due to the unique design, might not be suitable for the rest.

If I had to guesstimate, using the double-sided stick tape mount, I think the B2W would possibly fit nicely in 90% of cars/suv's, though due to the unique design, might not be suitable for the rest.
very hard to do an interior cam if it's fixed to the main camera without it either being ugly, or just unworkable in a lot of vehicles

very hard to do an interior cam if it's fixed to the main camera without it either being ugly, or just unworkable in a lot of vehicles

The B2W could probably be improved upon by proving a telescoping turning mechanism on at least the interior camera turret to be able to extend it downward in order to accommodate more flexible mounting positions. As for the locked horizontal camera planes and forced 50% forward horizon, I do want my dashcam to be able to see the traffic light above my car when I am just about to enter an intersection, to help protect against wrongfully issued red light tickets. So it does work for me in that regard.

as with all cameras, there's no one size fits all solution, what works great for one person can be no good for another

My main goals with a dual camera with IR internal dashcam is to be able to prove that I was indeed wearing my seat belt or not using my mobile phone while driving if a police officer chooses to issue a summons to boost town/local municipality revenue. Likewise in case of any accident to disprove any false claims from other involved driver(s). Having that internal IR enabled camera peeking out from under my mirror seems to be ideal.

Fortunately we don't need to worry about our police here, but the false claims or false memories from other drivers/witnesses is a good reason to have an interior camera, also I find that having some view out the side windows, although limited, is potentially more useful than having a somewhat better view out the rear from a rear only camera, it can see a useful amount of how passing vehicles are behaving.

I had no issue mounting the B2W, except that it didn't leave much room for other cameras without them getting in the view, not an issue for most people. I found that having the little lens units poking out under the mirror was a good design for my car, doesn't mean it is for every car though.

Correct, and the search function on there works OK.

Fortunately we don't need to worry about our police here

Sometimes it can seem as if many police officers operate as armed revenue agents of the local governments in at least some places in the US. Of course, we are told that they do not have "quotas", but then admit that they do have "performance objectives", of which if not reached by an officer can affect their standing and opportunity for promotion within the police department.

So more generated revenue often equates to more upward mobility and salary increases. In effect, they indirectly operate as if on commission based compensation scheme.

Sometimes it can seem as if many police officers operate as armed revenue agents of the local governments in at least some places in the US. Of course, we are told that they do not have "quotas", but then admit that they do have "performance objectives", of which if not reached by an officer can affect their standing and opportunity for promotion within the police department.

So more generated revenue often equates to more upward mobility and salary increases. In effect, they indirectly operate as if on commission based compensation scheme.
Our police are supposed to be here to help us, doesn't mean they always do a good job, but if they do anything bad then we do have an independent complaints commision made up of a majority non-police or ex-police which will deal with them, so if they want a long career they do need to be careful and those that aren't are removed leaving a culture of behaving and thus we rarely have issues. Of course the people who join up are still often the sort of people who like to have power over others.

I don't think a cop would claim something like that, though i have just seen a Danish cop threaten a person with violence, a thing that can cost up to 3 years of prison.
So the kids in that car getting abused by that cop i do hope they turn him in, but i fear not as Danes are stupid.
Anyway i would just point at my substantial array od cameras and say 10 of those in the car so are you absolutely sure you saw my belt off, cuz if you did i will see you in court.

Thanks all. I opened this thread because I've been quite happy with the B2W, yet I'm so accustomed to dealing with problems from other dashcams that I was waiting for some unexpected issue to appear. So I'm very glad to hear that there may not be any for the B2W...

I also use the B2W and haven't experienced anything negative about it yet! The new format fits my purpose of wanting one cam for front and interior. I intend to purchase another one for a friends vehicle.

I tested the B2W for a number of months. It was always reliable and produced good quality video, day & night. In the end, I decided the physical format was not practical for my car due to the position of my rear view mirror, so it has been sent to another DCT user to continue testing.

Back