A129 Pro Stops Recording

chrisjpark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone else having an issue whereby the camera stops recording after a few seconds. Sometimes the camera will turn on and stop recording and the screen stays on. Sometimes it will stop recording after a little bit longer and the screen has switched off. This only seems to happen when the sd card has filled up. I’m using a Samsung Evo Pro 64gb.

interestingly if I manually hit the record button it will only record for a few seconds to a few minutes before it stops recording again, but if I enable the wifi then it will continue to record until the camera is shut down and are then back to the original problem.

I have reported this to VIOFO who provided an updated firmware (beta), but this has made no difference. I also provided viofo with test results from the SD card so assume it is not a problem with the card.

Is anyone else having an issue whereby the camera stops recording after a few seconds. Sometimes the camera will turn on and stop recording and the screen stays on. Sometimes it will stop recording after a little bit longer and the screen has switched off. This only seems to happen when the sd card has filled up. I’m using a Samsung Evo Pro 64gb.

interestingly if I manually hit the record button it will only record for a few seconds to a few minutes before it stops recording again, but if I enable the wifi then it will continue to record until the camera is shut down and are then back to the original problem.

I have reported this to VIOFO who provided an updated firmware (beta), but this has made no difference. I also provided viofo with test results from the SD card so assume it is not a problem with the card.
Did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu after the update? You should also press and hold the reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds after manually defaulting the settings..

Be sure to format the card inside the cameras. If you still have issues, test the card with the h2testw program.

The camera automatically defaults after update as I had to put all the settings back in. The card was formatted as fat32 as recommended by VIOFO. Tests ran using h2testw and results sent to VIOFO but they did not see any issues with the results.

You still need to manually default the cameras settings and then press the reset button. This will sometimes solve strange behavior after an update.

I was having the issue before the update.

Yes, but maybe the new firmware will fix the issue, but old values are lingering from the earlier firmware. Manually defaulting the settings and pressing the reset button should ensure that only the new values remain.

Every firmware update, after updated, you need to manual press default setting. So that it will erase all the previous settings or bugs been store.

What is the updated firmware beta build you received? Version 1.2T2?

Yeah. That’s the one. I will try a manual reset and see if it helps. Will also re format the card in the camera. Will take me a few days until the card fills up again before I know if it’s worked. Thanks for the input guys. Will keep you posted.

One of mine stopped when the card got full - or it has on the 2 occasions I let it fill up.

Best to format regularly - that stops the problem on mine.

I couldn’t be bothered formatting all the time. You can be guaranteed the one time I need it then I will have forgot to format.

It takes just a few seconds... And it's good practice.

But I appreciate not all users would bother.

I guess that is what the format reminder setting is for.

One of mine stopped when the card got full - or it has on the 2 occasions I let it fill up.

Best to format regularly - that stops the problem on mine.
Just wondering how’s the “stop recording”? Flashing left led with continuous beeps as if we paused it?

I do occurred the situation i mentioned above. Only starts after the card got full. It will beeps + led flashing non stop until i press any of the buttons. Sometimes pressing the buttons won’t help. So just let it beep for awhile (5-10s) and it will continue to record again.

Just wondering how’s the “stop recording”? Flashing left led with continuous beeps as if we paused it?

I do occurred the situation i mentioned above. Only starts after the card got full. It will beeps + led flashing non stop until i press any of the buttons. Sometimes pressing the buttons won’t help. So just let it beep for awhile (5-10s) and it will continue to record again.

When mine stopped, the screen froze at 12 seconds into the file, both times.

I think so too.
My rear cam also stutters and flickers a pink screen.
Is there a way to test it?
I might have to go back to the guy who installed it for me.
How are you powering the camera?

Mine does it to! its on the 12 ciggy lighter and every other time it just shows the screen with no recording light, I have to unplug it, then it works. will try default when I have time.

Have you guys tried plugging the power directly to the camera instead the gps base to see if that makes any difference?

I always plug into the camera, never the base.

Reactions: EGS
Back