can't connect bluetooth

workingdog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brand new 422, iPhone XR running latest IOS 13.2.

Connecting 422 app just sits forever. No device shows up in the bluetooth list in iPhone or iPad.

Brand new 422, iPhone XR running latest IOS 13.2.

Connecting 422 app just sits forever. No device shows up in the bluetooth list in iPhone or iPad.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to connect.

Please ensure the 422GW is on and is on the app connection screen. This is accessible by going into Settings- Connect Apps- MyNextbase Connect- Setup Phone/Device. This will make sure the Dash Cam is able to be paired to.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Sorry, but "Settings- Connect Apps- MyNextbase Connect- Setup Phone/Device." Isn't an actual path, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Going to settings->MyNextBase it shows as bluetooth enabled. I don't see anywhere I can 'Setup Phone/Device'.

So, my problem was, the nextbase was coming up in record all the time and the set up icon was not showing. Also, it's not clear at all that you have to be in setup on the camera while you're trying to connect to your phone.

Hi Workingdog,

I'm sorry for not making that clear enough, my apologies.

For more information regarding setting up, please see the manual I've attached on the previous message.
On page 22- 'Menu' Page: 'Menus are not accessible whilst the Dash Cam is recording.'
On Page 22 & 29: Information regarding phone set up.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie

Having the same issue. Following all set up instructions, the app scans for cameras, my 422GW comes up on the screen when I select it a pop-up window for "Select an Accessory" will open but nothing will appear there (and I left waited a long time). The camera will keep trying to connect and will even display the bluetooth pairing code but it won't display on the phone. I've tried with 3 different phones and got the same result. I'm about to return my Nextbase 422GW and try a different brand. Connections issues are VERY frustrating.

Having the same issue. Following all set up instructions, the app scans for cameras, my 422GW comes up on the screen when I select it a pop-up window for "Select an Accessory" will open but nothing will appear there (and I left waited a long time). The camera will keep trying to connect and will even display the bluetooth pairing code but it won't display on the phone. I've tried with 3 different phones and got the same result. I'm about to return my Nextbase 422GW and try a different brand. Connections issues are VERY frustrating.
Hi there,

What model phone are you using and what OS is it running please?
What Firmware is the Dash Cam on please?
I'd recommend going through the set-up guide again to completely re-fresh the connection:

Please be aware that the first page of information is crucial and will need to be followed precisely.

If you continue to have connection issues, please let me know and we'll try to get to the root of the issue.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 422GW 3