Garmin 56 - initial setup at boot problem

dragoshh85

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello,

I'm new with Garmin dash cams, I just bought a Garmin 56 dash cam and I noticed that at every power up the camera asks for initial setup: country, language, locals etc.
My camera has 3.4 firmwareversion and I read that it needs to update via PC to 3.5 to solve this problem, but when connected to Garmin Express it says that the camera is up to date. On Android, via Garmin Drive it also says that is up to date. I searched for the update file to update it manually but I didn't find it.
Did anybody else have this problem?

Thank you.

Did you ever get GPS lock? After you set it up, leave it on until it shows the full signal strength.

Hello. I left it near a window and got 2 lines in GPS, not full signal.

Hello. I left it near a window and got 2 lines in GPS, not full signal.

Save a few message here and just take it outside and see what you get and quit playing around inside.
Are you a metal building?
What direction is the window facing N E S or W?
Is the Garmin fully charged?
Many factors affect GPS SAT Signal

Save a few message here and just take it outside and see what you get and quit playing around inside.
Are you a metal building?
What direction is the window facing N E S or W?
Is the Garmin fully charged?
Many factors affect GPS SAT Signal

I used the device in the car and after it connected to GPS it worked fine. Now it doesn't ask anymore for initial setup.
Thank you

I used the device in the car and after it connected to GPS it worked fine. Now it doesn't ask anymore for initial setup.
Thank you
Worked for me as well once connected to GPS.

Back