Nextbase 312 problems

NatashaD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Nextbase 312 GW model which I've owned just over a year and I get a constant blue light and unless the Dashcam is connected to power it will not power on at all and it seems to freeze a lot? And every time it does power on the date is reset to 01/01/2014 along with 00:00 for the time which is getting a bit tedious keep having to put the right date and time in so the date stamps on the recorded clips are correct. I've tried updating the latest software to it whilst connected to a powerbank which hasn't solved the issue. Any ideas what could have caused this?
Thanks.

Thinking aloud, does it have a separate RTC battery?

RTC?

This is all I get every time I plug it into power, it reset to 00:00 clock and 01/01/2014 which I have to change every time I use it also have to go keep putting the screensaver on every time as well or the sceen stays on which is really annoying espeically at night. as once the power is shut off on it, it is as if the whole thing resets to factory settings and won't switch on at all even straight after pulling the power cable out. Really annoying having to re set all that everytime I get in the car.

Attachments

• fgfhdfhdg.jpg
    fgfhdfhdg.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
RTC?

This is all I get every time I plug it into power, it reset to 00:00 clock and 01/01/2014 which I have to change every time I use it also have to go keep putting the screensaver on every time as well or the sceen stays on which is really annoying espeically at night. as once the power is shut off on it, it is as if the whole thing resets to factory settings and won't switch on at all even straight after pulling the power cable out. Really annoying having to re set all that everytime I get in the car.
Hi Natasha,

What size/make/manufacturer SD card are you using in the Dash Cam please? How old is the SD card?

I'd recommend performing this simple test:

1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power.
2) Remove any rear Cameras or SD cards and turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode off as this could interfere with the test results.
3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned on (without the SD card inserted!)
4) Unplug the power cable and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause
5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.

The final operating time will help us identify whether the issue is due to a corrupted SD card or if a new battery is required.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Natasha,

What size/make/manufacturer SD card are you using in the Dash Cam please? How old is the SD card?

I'd recommend performing this simple test:

1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power.
2) Remove any rear Cameras or SD cards and turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode off as this could interfere with the test results.
3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned on (without the SD card inserted!)
4) Unplug the power cable and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause
5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.

The final operating time will help us identify whether the issue is due to a corrupted SD card or if a new battery is required.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi, the SD Card is a Sandisk Extreme 32GB the red and gold one I've put a picture up of it it's just over a year old purchased from Halfords all recordings show fine on my laptop from the SD Card. I've just taken it and plugged it into the mains with the SD card out will leave it plugged in for a few hours and check it later and report back.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200106_161725.jpg
    20200106_161725.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200106_162332.jpg
    20200106_162332.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
Hi, I tried doing what you said and left it on charge from the mains plug switched on with no SD Card in for just under 3 hours, pulled the usb out of the Dashcam and it switched straight off as soon as the cable came out and wouldn't turn on at all, until I put the power cord back in.
Here is a video of it.

Last edited:
Real Time Clock, a small button battery is used to keep the time while the camera is off in capacitor based cameras, cameras with internal batteries don't normally have this as they just use the main battery to do it, when the battery starts failing you'll lose the time and date

Unfortunately that does sound like a faulty battery, so I'd recommend we replace the battery. I'll message you directly regarding this replacement :)

Millie

Back