Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

Anyway, speaking of disparaging others, DCT is governed by a set of rules, including rule #9 : "Since this an international forum, "bashing" of any nation, people, individuals, ethnic groups, race or minorities is prohibited".
It strikes me that your comment is a likely violation of that rule.
He is trying to offend me by using an example of gypsies which are living in Romania like in many other countries. Gypsies were coming in Romania starting from 1385 from India. Gypsies are not romanians but many foreign people are trying to offend us by telling that we are all gypsies.
The good thing for Romania was entering into the EU and then the gypsies could go also to countries like Sweden, just look at the pictures:
Now many countries are forced to accept gypsies and their style of living. 20 years ago EU was blaming Romania because is not helping gypsies to have a normal life. Now Romania is inside EU and EU can see directly in their countries the gypsies style of living. In Romania most of the gypsies have children just to receive money help from government. Their job is making children so can receive money for every child they have. More children more money for them. A good thing for Romania could be if all gypsies could go in EU, because EU countries will not accept to give money forever for gypsy children. A bad thing was latest government which was increasing by 100% the money help for children no matter if the parents have a job or not. Unfortunately that money are not going to help children but to help parents to drink alcohol for free.

Last edited:
He is trying to offend me by using an example of gypsies which are living in Romania like in many other countries. Gypsies were coming in Romania starting from 1385 from India. Gypsies are not romanians but many foreign people are trying to offend us by telling that we are all gypsies.
The EU doesn't like us calling them Gypsies, they want us to call them "Romani", so not surprising if some people think they come from Romania and that Romanians are Gypsies! We have always called them Gypsies because they came here via Egypt, "Romani" is from their own language.

Last edited:
Romanian language is a latin language, we are using the most latin original words from all romanic languages. When I was young I was learning at school Latin language even it is a dead language, we were forced to learn it for 2 years.
Our language is very different from rromani language and it is normal because they are from india and we are from Europe. We can easy learn spanish or italian, we can understand many latin words, but not hindi or russian or german.
So because a mofherfcker from EU considered is not OK to call them gypsies he called them romani just because rrom means man in their language. So that motherfcker screwed us forever. In Romania we are not forced anymore to call them rromi, we can call them țigani. Was enough for us!

Although I never actually mentioned your name in my post it is interesting to see your reaction and response to it. Then again, the fact of the matter is that as the OP, THIS is your thread and you initiated it all the way back on September 24th, 2019 and amazingly you are basically STILL at it four months later! Although I do appreciate that you find the issue to be an "annoyance" as you now put it, the problem is trivial, as I mentioned above. Harping about a such a minor "bug" for going on four months now, all the while vilifying a well respected developer like Viofo or even disparaging others who are not quite so rankled as you about the problem has frankly become far more of an "annoyance" than the dropped/dupped frame bug itself! It is not clear at this point what you hope to accomplish the longer you choose to dwell on this issue.

Anyway, speaking of disparaging others, DCT is governed by a set of rules, including rule #9 : "Since this an international forum, "bashing" of any nation, people, individuals, ethnic groups, race or minorities is prohibited".

The thread was started after Bill Zhou failed to give a reasonable answer. The thread was left dead after 2 December 2019 until someone came in here and asked about a high pitch whine. The thread remained dead until this user asked about a status update: After which, everybody felt the need to harp on me.

Look...there's no resolution... We can move on. There won't be one anytime soon.

Last edited:
The EU doesn't like us calling them Gypsies, they want us to call them "Romani", so not surprising if some people think they come from Romania and that Romanians are Gypsies! We have always called them Gypsies because they came here via Egypt, "Romani" is from their own language.

I don't think anyone made the assertion that Romanian People are Gypsies. Just that Romania has a large number of "gypsies" and is known for them. 4th largest number in the world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Total population
2–20 million[1][2][3][4]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
1,000,000 estimated with Romani ancestry[note 1][5][6]
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
800,000[7]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
750,000–1,100,000 (1.87%)[8][9][10][11][12]
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png
Romania
619,007 (3.3%)[note 2][13][9][14][15]
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey
500,000–2,750,000 (3.78%)[9][16][17][18]

Romanian language is a latin language, we are using the most latin original words from all romanic languages. When I was young I was learning at school Latin language even it is a dead language, we were forced to learn it for 2 years.
Our language is very different from rromani language and it is normal because they are from india and we are from Europe. We can easy learn spanish or italian, we can understand many latin words, but not hindi or russian or german.
So because a mofherfcker from EU considered is not OK to call them gypsies he called them romani just because rrom means man in their language. So that motherfcker screwed us forever. In Romania we are not forced anymore to call them rromi, we can call them țigani. Was enough for us!

Who the hell called you a Gypsy or said Romianian People are Gypsies. Jesus, you insult me then go on a tangent about some crap no one even raised. But yes, Borat and the 4th largest population of Gypsies are the only two things people in the world know about Romania.

Enough said....Don't insult people if you're not intelligent enough to do so in a coherent manner.

The thread was started after Bill Zhou failed to give a reasonable answer. The thread was left dead after 2 December 2019 until someone came in here and asked about a high pitch whine. The thread remained dead until this user asked about a status update: After which, every felt the need to harp on me pointing out there had been no resolution.

My comment was meant that I didn't give a damn about what he had to say =). And since he wanted to be a prick, I aptly pointed out that the only thing anyone knows about Romania is Borat and Gypsies.

I'm sure there have been notable Romanians. There's bound to be famous people from every country at some point in history. He obviously isn't one of them.

I don't think anyone made the assertion that Romanian People are Gypsies. Just that Romania has a large number of "gypsies" and is known for them. 4th largest number in the world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Total population
2–20 million[1][2][3][4]
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
1,000,000 estimated with Romani ancestry[note 1][5][6]
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
800,000[7]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
750,000–1,100,000 (1.87%)[8][9][10][11][12]
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png
Romania
619,007 (3.3%)[note 2][13][9][14][15]
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey
500,000–2,750,000 (3.78%)[9][16][17][18]

Who the hell called you a Gypsy or said Romianian People are Gypsies. Jesus, you insult me then go on a tangent about some crap no one even raised. But yes, Borat and the 4th largest population of Gypsies are the only two things people in the world know about Romania.

Enough said....Don't insult people if you're not intelligent enough to do so in a coherent manner.

All of this is just more kaka felota, HonestReview. Obviously, you just want to keep digging your querulous hole here. Apparently, there is no bottom for you.

I'm just giving MTZ his shovel back. Maybe I should just ignore him, but if you want to be a complete A-Hole, nothing says I have to be polite.

I'm not interested in following you down the hole you're digging for yourself here. Like I said, there is apparently no bottom for you.

As for the politeness thing, try reading DCT Rule #1 - "Treat other members with respect. While debating and heated discussion is fine, we will not tolerate personal attacks, rudeness or inflammatory posts."

Romanians are not Gypsies !!!!

Romanians and Romania are known in this world because of the following and many more :
Nadia Comaneci, Gheorghe Hagi, Ilie Nastase, Henri Coanda, George Palade,Emil Racovita,Ioan Cantacuzino,George Enescu,Gheorghe Zamfir, Constantin Brancusi
Adrian Ghenie, Alexandra Nechita, Simona Halep, Ion Tiriac,Sebastian Stan,Elie Wiesel.. etc

Please use google to find more about them!

Stop insulting the Romanian people by saying that " Borat and the 4th largest population of Gypsies are the only two things people in the world know about Romania. "...

The fictional Borat was from Kazakhstan, few people know that a small section of one of the films was filmed in Romania! The TV series never had any connection with Romania.

Romania is much much better known as the home of Dracula, although not everyone knows that Transylvania is part of Romania.

Of course Dracula was another character from British fiction!

I've never connected Romania with Gypsies, they are travelers, don't have a fixed home country and are spread over many.

there was a TV series?
It started off as a TV series in the UK, once he got too well known to be able to trick people in UK he moved to the USA, then made the film, that became known globally so then he had to give up!

If you only know Baron Cohen from Borat, it is worth seeing him out of character, that is when you realise that he is not from Kazakhstan but is a comedian, not dissimilar to the Monty Python crew, Borat is just one of his characters, the one that went global.

Last edited:
Don't insult people if you're not intelligent enough to do so in a coherent manner.
In 2012 when I was helping people on this forum and then created first reviews on this forum you were playing with the dick on the sand? 8 years ago on this forum just 2 people were giving answers and help to people. Guess who were these 2 people. I care about this forum from its first day and I don't like when I see here people which hate everything: dashcams, frames, other forum members, romanians. Your latest 625 posts are not adding any value to this forum. 0 value. You are wasting our time and lowering the quality of this forum with your atitude.
In my poor country there is a saying: when 10 people are telling you are drunk, you better go to sleep.

The fictional Borat was from Kazakhstan, few people know that a small section of one of the films was filmed in Romania! The TV series never had any connection with Romania.

Romania is much much better known as the home of Dracula, although not everyone knows that Transylvania is part of Romania.

Of course Dracula was another character from British fiction!

I've never connected Romania with Gypsies, they are travelers, don't have a fixed home country and are spread over many.

People know it was filmed in Romania because the village of Glod sued the movie for fraudulently misleading the people into participating in the movie. The producers donated computers and some money, but the village lost their lawsuit.

Back on Topic....

I will say duped frames and random dropped frames are a hell of a lot better than truncated or missing video....Seems there is a known bug atm with the A129 Pro! Got to love technology. It seems to find ways to be an inevitable pain in the ass.

https://dashcamtalk.com/viofo-a129-pro-duo-4k/

Romanians are not Gypsies !!!!

Romanians and Romania are known in this world because of the following and many more :
Nadia Comaneci, Gheorghe Hagi, Ilie Nastase, Henri Coanda, George Palade,Emil Racovita,Ioan Cantacuzino,George Enescu,Gheorghe Zamfir, Constantin Brancusi
Adrian Ghenie, Alexandra Nechita, Simona Halep, Ion Tiriac,Sebastian Stan,Elie Wiesel.. etc

Please use google to find more about them!

Stop insulting the Romanian people by saying that " Borat and the 4th largest population of Gypsies are the only two things people in the world know about Romania. "...
Don't assume that people getting their education on TV know who these people are. They only know the Kardashians.

Don't assume that people getting their education on TV know who these people are. They only know the Kardashians.

You have a point regarding where opinionated, uninformed people get their information but in fairness to @Protecties he didn't really assume anything. He provided good information and encouraged a Google search to learn more.

Time to talk about the dashcam again now fellas don't ya think?

(This has gone more off topic than not having a hazelnut in every bite)...

Last edited:
Time to talk about the dashcam again now fellas don't ya think?

(This has gone more off topic than not having hazelnut in every bite)...

You really want to continue belaboring the dropped/duplicated frame glitch?

In this particular instance, going off topic has been oddly welcome after nearly eight months of increasingly pointless discussion.

Back