Viofo A129 Duo Reverse Cam image flip

Eluci118

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone! I'm looking to purchase this dashcam, but there's something I want to make sure before I buy it. In my previous car, when I switch to reverse, the console screen shows a rear view camera that helps for parking, but my current car doesn't have it. I was wondering, when the A129 is set to display the rear camera on the screen, does it mirror the image (flip horizontally)? I plan to stick the unit a little above or below my mirror so that I can see the screen while reversing, and it would be really confusing to look at if the image wasn't reversed. Thanks!

There is a setting in the camera to mirror the image. However, while you can change the camera to display rear camera only, it will default to an image of the front camera with an overlayed image of the rear camera. The camera will not stay on the image display of the rear camera only, if that's what your looking for it to do.
The small 2" LCD would not be ideal to use as a backup camera anyway. Best to get a dedicated backup camera if you need one.

So you mean that every time the unit turns on, it will switch to the overlaid display when if it was previously set to display the rear? Dang that's weird :/

So you mean that every time the unit turns on, it will switch to the overlaid display when if it was previously set to display the rear? Dang that's weird :/

I doubt you're going to want to use a 2 inch screen to park or utilize as a backup camera. Sure, you can use the 5g WIFI to output a live image to a screen (cell phone) while backing up, but that suspends recording.

If you want a backup camera, using a dash cam isn't an ideal option. Even though this camera does support mirror mode.

Back