Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Thank you for your post, TonyM, looking forward to seeing what new FW does for the (still) occasional missing clip (that I cannot replicate on the bench).
Your suggestion to manually set off delay (matching default) helped, but switching to 1-minute clips made a huge difference. Thanks!

Yeah maybe, and then there's this, WIFI s@cks.... in 2.7K. 1080p/60 works fine.

Ahh, just managed to update the firmware - little bit of tinkering about, and finally managed it on both MAXI's.

So, is anyone using the motion detect function, in the car? As I can seem to get it to function correctly.

The motion detect DOES work, however I have tried the various settings of motion timeout of 5secs and 15secs - neither seem to work (as the camera will just continue to record) and not timeout, thus going back into standy mode.

Last edited:
a little bit off topic,
about 4 months ago i had a little accident driving a roundabout near my house, this a$$hole cut lanes on me trying to get to his exit.
unfortunately, he refused to admit it was his fault even after i advised him there's a clear video of the accident showing his bad driving.
this led to his insurance company taking his word that the accident was my fault, but after i made them watch the video of the accident, they wrote me a check for the full claim .

so the Maxi came through big time for me. you can see his license plate clearly even in the youtube video .
crappy insurance company are not allowed to open links in emails, so i had to overly compress the video down to 20mb in order to send the file to them via email. luckily, it was enough for them to believe their client is lying.

I'm glad it worked out for you. However, without knowing the road layout or being able to read your road signs, I'm surprised that you were in the right hand lane when you were not turning right or going straight ahead. That's no excuse for him hitting you, but I can see why he might have expected you to take the same exit as him.

I'm glad it worked out for you. However, without knowing the road layout or being able to read your road signs, I'm surprised that you were in the right hand lane when you were not turning right or going straight ahead. That's no excuse for him hitting you, but I can see why he might have expected you to take the same exit as him.
i hope you're aware we're driving on the right side of the road here..i wasn't in the right lane - i was in the middle one, going straight to my exit. the right lane is for the exits

i hope you're aware we're driving on the right side of the road here..i wasn't in the right lane - i was in the middle one, going straight to my exit. the right lane is for the exits
Sorry. Just watched it again and now I see the additional right lane that appears after each exit. I thought it was just a 2-lane roundabout.

Does it affect any other frames, or just the first one?
Just saw this again in a recently taken video.
This is at the start of a new clip after it has reached the file size limit.
*Yes I know it is out of focus...*

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 12
I think this issue was brought up in the past (hi @tempviewer12 ) but I'm a bit dazzled -
About a month ago we switched to daylight saving time. From what I understand, it's only possible to update date/time using the Msetup or manually in the configuration.
Today I took the laptop to the car for setting the time correctly and also had a look the on the time stamps of the videos recorded - all recent videos had the correct time.
The only thing I can think of, for the date to "miraculously" adjust itself, is via the app that I did use recently, including going into the config options.
from the manual -
Camera Setup (configuration and date/time setting)
There are four methods in which the camera's date and time can be set or the
parameters modified: A simple text file (works on most operating systems), an
external monitor (OSD), using a dedicated program (GUI) for Windows, or usinfg a
WiFi connection app for Android and iOS smart phones
can anyone shed some light on this?

Last edited:
I think both in the GUI tool for PC or the APP for phones there is a sync to pc / phone time in the setting.

I think both in the GUI tool for PC or the APP for phones there is a sync to pc / phone time in the setting.
there isn't an option to sync the time in the Android app

Okay.
i have to admit i have only tried the APP once with my mobius maxi, dont like to touch my phone too much as i feel i die a little every time i touch it.

Case: Maxi on my motorcycle, great shots, but the wind noise is killing my Yamaha R6's singing....

Take a little tour on the back seat....

(Not a Mobius maxi, but you get the idea)

I don't want the hassle of using external microphone, but I dó want to kill the wind noise.

Any tips? Extra housing? cover microphone with ... something? Anyone?

Case: Maxi on my motorcycle, great shots, but the wind noise is killing my Yamaha R6's singing....

Take a little tour on the back seat....

(Not a Mobius maxi, but you get the idea)

I don't want the hassle of using external microphone, but I dó want to kill the wind noise.

Any tips? Extra housing? cover microphone with ... something? Anyone?

You might try fabricating a foam rubber sleeve to go around the camera and see if it cuts down on the wind noise. In fact you might be able to use one made for motorcycle helmet mics. If you find one the right size a Maxi may fit in it.

windscreen.jpg

motorcycle_mic.jpg

Back