Pics that make you smile

well ind a modern mid range car, the wire harness weigh in wit as much as a grown up passenger.
Thats why i would gladly take a dumb car with less weight to carry around, cuz i find there is a lot of things in new cars that should not be there in the first place, just things that have snug in under the radar for convenience.
Okay some days in summer i do wish i had a aircon in my car, but even in other cars of mine that did have aircon it was rare i actually used that function.
I do not like getting into a 18 - 20 degree car on a 30 degree summer day, that make me shiver and freeze my ass off.

A real Mini, second only to the Ford model T in numbers produced. Too bad they didn't catch on here in the US but you still see one occasionally. There's no real comparison to today's "Mini" as it is an entirely different car albeit with some shared traits. The old "Mini" was terrible in a crash, had thin uncomfortable seats, had poor performance in the standard models, had little soundproofing, and had few optional features with the lack of A/C being a marked one. Today's "Mini" is much better in all those regards and while I'd have either one and happily, I really like the original because of it's simplicity and ease of DIY servicing :cool:

On "Star Wars" I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. They've stretched the idea of the original movie well past it's being as compellingly interesting and taken it into places where it doesn't belong. The allusion to Monty Python shows that I am not alone in thinking this way :eek: Greed exceeded artistry and the results are what you'd expect :(

More nations have closed their borders due to the "corona virus" now- I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, only that it will have a significant impact on all of us now. I hope my friends here will take a moment to consider the general health of themselves and those who they care about, and take steps to ensure their best health if they find something lacking, as that is probably our best defense against things like this.

And remember that this
does not cause or cure the Corona Virus, but it's a darn good beer anyway!

Phil

I never tasted those, and i will prefer not to, never liked beer much.

When I drank I considered myself a top-level connoisseur of beers which were available in the US back then. Microbrewing had just taken off and almost no Americans drank anything but the best-known American brands. I sought out and spent large sums of money to get the best beers of the world and in the end I'd tried over 163 beers from outside of the US. Of course personal preference plays a role, but I never met anyone who didn't like Corona. IMHO it's one of the worlds truly great beers.

Sadly the yuppies embraced Corona as one of their symbols of having social status, refined tastes, and general classiness so even if I were still drinking I wouldn't touch one of these if it were offered for free as I detest fakers of all sorts and yuppies may be the worst of these :mad:

Phil

Corona the BMW of beers :giggle:

That is probably a side effect ;)

A real Mini, second only to the Ford model T in numbers produced.
The original Mini was originally going to be called the Austin 7, the earlier Austin 7 was the real equivalent of the much bigger American Ford model T.
At the time, the Mini was actually a fairly heavy car for the UK, the early Austin 7 was only 360 kg and will do between 40 and 50 MPG (UK). These days some motorcycles are heavier than that! Still see some about in the summer.

It also sold quite well in its various forms:
It was also licensed and copied by companies all over the world.[2] The very first BMW car, the BMW Dixi, was a licensed Austin 7, as were the original American Austins. In France they were made and sold as Rosengarts. In Japan, Nissan also used the 7 design as the basis for their first cars,

The Austin 7 are a tiny car as i recall, still cool.
I cant recall if it have the same mind numbing gear shifting & just about everything else of the early Fords.

I could also do with something like this 1934 Sumbeam speed 20
1280px-Sunbeam_Speed_20_1934_%28Volante%29_jm20546.jpg

At least thats something that make my head turn today,,,, always give a big thumbs up to people driving oldies as it is a refreshing sight in a otherwise bland sea of modern cars.

I cant recall if it have the same mind numbing gear shifting & just about everything else of the early Fords.
It was the car that set the modern standard for pedal layout, not actually the first car to use the layout, but the first mass produced car to do so, it even had synchromesh after 1932, on third and fourth gears.

They sure don't make them like they use to do, which are pretty sad cuz some old cars are like sex on wheels.
This one ( 1937 Talbot - Largo T 150 SS ) make me smile, and dam near touch myself too.
1937_Talbot-Lago_T150-C_SS_%27Goutte_d%27Eau%27_%2819631678705%29.jpg

Some people have garage skills, others do not and should stay well clear of DIY projects.
c1c619c21e5faf5b68c9b572cc0848c9.jpg

The Austin 7 are a tiny car as i recall, still cool.
Autocar video review of the Austin 7:

Obviously designed for different road conditions, my current car would never make that hairpin turn!

My modern car wouldn't do this either, but this is what they were designed for:

What’s so funny, don’t understand?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back