Best dash cam to use as rear-view mirror

FrederikVds

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I bought a van without rear view mirror/rear window and I'm now looking to add a dash cam to use for that purpose. Are there any dash cams that would be especially good for this purpose?

Some things that would be important:
- Screen size, preferably something like 6" if that exists.
- I'd prefer if it had a front-facing camera of course, so it also serves as a regular dash cam.
- Dual channel (I already found a camera to mount on the exterior of the van, so the second camera doesn't have to be included).
- Should automatically show images from the rear camera when the engine is started.
- Preferably some modular mounting system as I'd like to mount it on the rear-view mirror bracket.

I'm having trouble searching for these specific requirements in the several comparison interfaces I've found. And I tried looking for "rear-view mirror dash cam" but that mostly gives results for dash cams that go over the mirror, which isn't what I want as I don't have one in the first place. Any ideas for a good dash cam or a good comparison tool that incorporates these requirements?

You aren't going to find any dashcams that fit the bills you are looking for, but if you search for backup cameras, likely find some that may check some items off the list.

Back