Comparison of the SGGCX2PRO+ and the SG9663DCPRO

Paul Schmehl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO (front cam only)
What's the difference between these two cameras? Why is the SG9663DCPRO $100 more?

The 'DC' comes with a rear camera standard, it's optional with the X2.

'DC' has WiFi, X2 does not.

The housing is different and the cables connect on the side of the 'DC' and on top with the X2 which may or may not make a difference with your installation.

Other than that they function pretty much the same.

Thanks. I don't want/need a rear camera. But I do want WiFi. Is it possible to buy a version of the 9663 that doesn't come with the rear camera?

Thanks. I don't want/need a rear camera. But I do want WiFi. Is it possible to buy a version of the 9663 that doesn't come with the rear camera?
I don't think so but @Street Guardian USA can chime in and let you know for sure what your options are.

I’m creating a special link for you to check out with. When it’s ready I’ll send you a private message.

how come you dont want a rear camera? for a lot of people these days like me it is essential and has already proven good.

Could be install issues / cant be bothered with.

Could be install issues / cant be bothered with.
Yes. I don't want to be bothered with the install issues, and I don't drive enough to justify it. I'm perfectly happy with one camera on the windshield. If someone hits me from the rear, the camera will have recorded my speed at the time of the collision as well as the fact that I was hit from behind. That should be sufficient for my purposes. Most rear-enders are assumed to be the fault of the driver behind anyway, and the camera will have recorded sufficient information to prove I was not at fault.

A front camera alone are just fine, if nothing else it will capture what you do with your vehicle, and if you follow the code as set forth by the wizz kids we elect to govern us, then at least whatever happen cant be your fault.
And i do personally think the cases where the wrong part get to pay for something are often based on claims that single camera can refute.

It is only when you get into pointing fingers at people in traffic more cameras become a good thing to have, and still pretty much all the things i have filmed in the past 8 years have been captured by my front camera.

hehe I was thinking of their forefathers, that did set us off on a good path, what subsequent elect people have done to corrupt and distort that i will say nothing about.

off topic. but all elections these days is us electing who will screw us the least or be the best liar at it, we know we are getting screwed no matter who we elect.

I ordered a SG9663DCPRO last night - just the front unit. Today, my DDPai M6 Plus prompted me to update. I did. The update went flawlessly, and the camera still takes snapshots but the video still doesn't work. No idea what's wrong, but it no longer matters.

Last edited:
A front camera alone are just fine, if nothing else it will capture what you do with your vehicle, and if you follow the code as set forth by the wizz kids we elect to govern us, then at least whatever happen cant be your fault.
And i do personally think the cases where the wrong part get to pay for something are often based on claims that single camera can refute.

It is only when you get into pointing fingers at people in traffic more cameras become a good thing to have, and still pretty much all the things i have filmed in the past 8 years have been captured by my front camera.
I completely agree with this, which is why I think I only need the front camera. If someone hits me from the rear, the camera will record the moments before, during, and after the collision. So, I'll have a record of how fast I was going (if I was moving at all), and it will be obvious that I didn't suddenly slam on the brakes. I no longer worry about my speed being recorded, because I seldom ever exceed the speed limit anymore. (I'm 72.)

BTW, I no longer point fingers at other people, nor do I try to tell them how to drive. I just try to avoid the ones I can tell are obviously not driving well.

Last edited:
Pointing fingers are also a futile exercise, but it just annoy the hell out of me other people endanger me wit their driving.
If i could get some form of guarantee i would not be hurt by it, then for my sake people could juggle chainsaws while driving.

But of course as a Dane i am hampered by a unreasonable and unsubstantiated idea that we are all equal and only thinking the best about each other.
I am trying to shed this insanity, helped by the Texan that live deep inside me, but a lifetime of soak and rinse of my brain make it hard.

i will mainly use the rear camera for parking lots etc.. if someone runs into you in a parking lot at the rear, no rear camera = no idea who did it = there goes your no claim bonus.

i will mainly use the rear camera for parking lots etc.. if someone runs into you in a parking lot at the rear, no rear camera = no idea who did it = there goes your no claim bonus.
Well, sure, but if they whack your door or the side of your car when they open their door, you're not gonna see that either. The former has never happened to me. The latter has repeatedly. Some things in life are beyond your control. But, if some jerk deliberately backs into me, my dashcam video is all I need to put him in his place. And, if I witness an accident, I can assist the police by providing the video, even it if involves my car.

Now, can anyone explain to me why so many big trucks in Russia seem to completely lose their wheels on the highway? Now THAT is some scary stuff.

hehe yeah those rouge truck wheels hit hard. :)

But i think even today there are many things in Russia hard to comprehend, it might even be worse now than in the good old days.

Well, sure, but if they whack your door or the side of your car when they open their door, you're not gonna see that either.
So if you can’t see everything from every angle there no advantage to seeing anything from any angle?

One good front cam is almost always enough for driving and pretty good for parking as long as you park in a manner that allows it to cover the most likely areas where trouble may come from. More is nice, but far less necessary. The many of us with more severe cases of "Dashcamitis" often forget that it's insurance which does the real protecting; our cams only make that job easier and better when it needs to be done. Which hopefully it never does ;) It is nice to know I have 7 chances to see and view and share what others do around me, so I think I'm one of the worse cases and I don't want to be cured :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RLS SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 4
Back