A129 Duo firmware update page updated 2/3/2020

Andy McKay

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
It still says that the version number is v1.9, but is this an incremental update above the v1.9 that had been posted? Is this a "final" version of the "beta v1.9" that had been floating around?

Anyone have any test results? Specifically, I've been getting the "All Data Will Be Erased" message once the card is full, even if loop recording is on.

I think it's just a web page update, rather than a firmware change. All the other camera FW pages (A129 Pro, A119 Pro, A119 V3 etc.) also show updates on 2/3/2020.

It still says that the version number is v1.9, but is this an incremental update above the v1.9 that had been posted? Is this a "final" version of the "beta v1.9" that had been floating around?

Anyone have any test results? Specifically, I've been getting the "All Data Will Be Erased" message once the card is full, even if loop recording is on.
I have the exactly same message on my A129 Pro 4K when the card is full.

Recommend you use Low Bitrate Recording mode temporarily , we're working on the Beta Firmware to improve this bug.

@VIOFO-Support

Do you mean for standard recording? If so, the constant low bit rate recording parking mode with regular recording is preferred to low bit rate while driving.

I'll stick with v1.5 until a fix is hammered out, but will happily update once that fix is found.

Thanks for your kindly understanding, when the firmware is okay will share it here.

Will 2.2 include an SDK update to resolve the dupe frame issue on rear camera every 92 frames and occasional dropped frame on front camera? Or are these fixes not part of the planned update?

Will 2.2 include an SDK update to resolve the dupe frame issue on rear camera every 92 frames and occasional dropped frame on front camera? Or are these fixes not part of the planned update?
There is a loader file that needs to be installed first, so I assume there is an SDK update as well. No sure what the update address's though.

Hi Guys,

recently installed Duo and it came with v1.5, updated thru the app and it went to v1.9.

as per Viofo support site, the latest firmware is V2.0 but no attachment provided by them.

trying to figure out, which is the latest ver 1.9 or 2.0?

Hi Guys,

recently installed Duo and it came with v1.5, updated thru the app and it went to v1.9.

as per Viofo support site, the latest firmware is V2.0 but no attachment provided by them.

trying to figure out, which is the latest ver 1.9 or 2.0?
V2.0 has been temporarily removed as it needed more work. Stick with V1.9 for now.

There was a post on the Viofo Community site, where Viofo indicated there was an update to the V2.0 and they posted a link to the version. Not sure of what the changes were though.

FW 2.1 is ready on Viofo site.

Based on the threads im skimming ill stick with v1.9 Works fine for me

I didn’t want to start a new thread, but I was looking at viofo‘s website and noticed there’s an updated firmware (v2.1). I haven’t upgraded the firmware in my a129 duo since I purchased it several months ago. When trying to download/save the attachment (FWA129.bin) from viofo’s site I’m getting a message that states “This file does not have an app associated with it for peforming this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.” All I’m looking to do is download the firmware, copy the .bin file onto the root of the sd card and the pop it back into the camera so it can update on it’s own. Or, do I need to? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I didn’t want to start a new thread, but I was looking at viofo‘s website and noticed there’s an updated firmware (v2.1). I haven’t upgraded the firmware in my a129 duo since I purchased it several months ago. When trying to download/save the attachment (FWA129.bin) from viofo’s site I’m getting a massage that states “This file does not have an app associated with it for peforming this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.” All I’m looking to do is download the firmware, copy the .bin file onto the root of the sd card and the pop it back into the camera so it can update on it’s own. Or, do I need to? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks everyone!

You need to download the bin file, put it on a memory card, and insert the card into the camera. It will read the bin file and update automatically.

Back