T2 recording random clips

dfgd

Reaction score
Country
United States
As you can see from the attached screenshot, this T2 continuous clips all the time for no apparent reason. I have 307 clips from 3 days. These random clips are in the "Normal" folder. The "Events" folder contains the driving footage clips. Ordinarily the Normal folder should contain regular driving and the Events folder should contain only crash-type clips or clips I manually save.

I think I have the settings configured properly and the firmware is up to date. The parking mode is set to "Far." Some (or most) of the clips are from the middle of the night while the car is in a single-car garage in the complete dark. Also, some clips are large; some are small.

Obviously, I don't need gigs and gigs of clips of nothing. Perhaps there is a way change the T2's sensitivity.

Any advice?

Thanks,

-L

Attachments

• T2.JPG
    T2.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 6
  • T2 ii.jpg
    T2 ii.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
Far i would assume make it trigger by something small, close i assume would mean something big will trigger.

Funny naming convention though :)

@Nigel has some experience with this cam, perhaps he can help. It does seem the "far" setting is too sensitive but I don't know which folder those go to, so that may or may not relate to this.

Phil

Some (or most) of the clips are from the middle of the night while the car is in a single-car garage in the complete dark.
You know that the T2 can see through walls?
Maybe your cat likes to sit on the other side of the wall?
Try parking backwards and see if it makes a difference...

Thanks. I would add some clips to vimeo, but seems like a waste of time to post pitch-black videos. I reached out to Vantrue, so hopefully I'll receive a response. I think there's a problem with this unit. I think it's too sensitive. Maybe I'll wrap a cloth (or aluminium foil) around it when parked in the car hole and see it it still records nonsense clips.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B T2 2
G T2 15
Back