Latest and Greatest Duo for recording rides?

Tone327

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All. I know the intention of a dash cam is for accidents primarily. Being a keen rider and wanting to record my rides with the best quality "Dash Cam" style product I am asking the question as I see a lot of similar threads have not been updated lately. I first looked at the DV688, then stumbled on to the Innovv K2. Loved the idea of no screen. Then I saw the Thinkware M1 with EIS. Here in Australia The Innovv is about $400 and the M1 is over double that. Which in all honesty I dont mind paying if the quality is there and usable. Are there any other products I should consider that havent been covered in this forum already? I pretty much spent 10-15 hours reading through post and watching Videos over the weekend and the MT-1 looks the best of the bunch. I am not worried about how to get the file from the units, or audio quality. I am purely after video quality. If there was a 2.7k 60FPS I would be in heaven! However I think only an action cam would be the answer here. I just could do without batteries and mounts and security. Start the bike and start recording looks good to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Then I saw the Thinkware M1 with EIS. Here in Australia The Innovv is about $400 and the M1 is over double that.
M1 should be your best choice if price not the problem! DV688 is a little out-dated, you can have a look at our B1M.

As far as I know, M1 should be the first motorcycle recorder that supports EIS. Am I right?

It is the onlyone I have seen that has EIS

It is the only one I have seen that has EIS
EIS for both cameras, or only for the front camera?

EIS for both cameras, or only for the front camera?
And if you use EIS for the front camera, does that disable the rear camera completely?

It is the onlyone I have seen that has EIS

It is the only one I have seen that has EIS
If you have a good mount, very stiff and mounted directly to the frame, then you don't really need EIS, although it does depend on what you are doing, it does improve race track video.

I'm currently using the Viofo MT1 on my bicycle, which has a relatively light frame, and even with that, it is OK without stabilisation, and a bit of software stabilisation on the computer makes it up to movie standard, or at least TV documentary standard. Use a poor mount on the bicycle and it is terrible, but EIS doesn't solve all the problems, the motion blur caused by vibrations can't be removed, and only some of the jello from the rolling shutter can be removed, so you are always better off with a good mount even if you do have EIS, and if you have a really good mount then you don't need the EIS.

If you are making movies then some extra resolution is nice, but the MT1 does produce decent results, if I wanted real movie quality then I would go for a 4K action camera of some sort, but I would still put some effort into the mount. The Gitup F1 will power up from a USB powerbank or hardwire kit and run as a dashcam, and produces good 4K, or good quality EIS 1080, only issue is that it is not waterproof, good for movie making on dry days only. I think any action camera that is waterproof is not waterproof with a power cable plugged in, and GoPros don't have a dashcam mode anyway.

I think any action camera that is waterproof is not waterproof with a power cable plugged in, and GoPros don't have a dashcam mode anyway.
I'm not worried about dash cam attributes so much. It's for Motovlogging to give it a term. With the convenience of instant on and off with the Bike and being more secure than action cams being left on the Bike, or having to take them off Every time. I am happy using my gopro 7. It does all fps, res and stabilisation I need, but not aesthetically pleasing and having to take it with me when I stop.
I was just sort of hoping that a duo stabilised 2k 60fps cam system would be available similar to the advancement of in-car systems

And if you use EIS for the front camera, does that disable the rear camera completely?
Front camera with EIS, Rear camera without EIS;

I was just sort of hoping that a duo stabilised 2k 60fps cam system would be available similar to the advancement of in-car systems
Even with car dashcams, the 2K duo cameras have not arrived yet, although there are a small number of non-fake 4K front + 2K/1080 cameras available which can also be set to 2K 60fps + 1080. None of them are stabilised. I think it will be a while before we get a good 2K duo motorcycle camera, and even then it is unlikely to be stabilised.

I've been looking at the WonVon MT1, and A10 models.. according to the specs, both have image stabilisation...also can run 256gb cards, have super capacitors, Wifi, GPS, IMX323 with 150deg view, etc... and the A10 being fully waterproof, and slightly better remote, and screen. and both available around £100... and video from what I have seen is also good.
Does this seem too good to be true, and more like poetic license by the Chinese ?

according to the specs, both have image stabilisation
That seems highly unlikely, where are you seeing this in the spec?

Note that they both use SONY IMX 323 sensors, it is a good sensor, but it is also a last generation sensor, that is why they are cheaper than the Viofo MT1 and Blueskysea B1M cameras, they are very noticeably not as good. At those prices I would also be worried about the water resistance for UK use.

That seems highly unlikely, where are you seeing this in the spec?

Note that they both use SONY IMX 323 sensors, it is a good sensor, but it is also a last generation sensor, that is why they are cheaper than the Viofo MT1 and Blueskysea B1M cameras, they are very noticeably not as good. At those prices I would also be worried about the water resistance for UK use.

From what I read, the Blueskysea B1M uses IMX323 as well as the same Novatec image processor as these two..

There is a specification tab... one says electronic image stabilisation, the other says dual image stabilisation..
They are both available on the well known auction site... but these pages give the most info..

They look good value, especially if all the spec is true, and the video is genuine. some other pages seem to suggest the manufacturer is linked to Viofo.... Then again, they all seem to be Shenzhen pingpong whatever technology co ltd, with a million and one brand names registered, so you have no idea who made it.. or whether it's a clone or fake.

There is a specification tab... one says electronic image stabilisation, the other says dual image stabilisation..
I am fairly sure that is wrong.
They look good value, especially if all the spec is true,
They may be good value, but I do think you get what you pay for, and if you intend to use them daily then I would suggest not going for the cheapest build quality.
some other pages seem to suggest the manufacturer is linked to Viofo....
Fairly certain that is not correct.

Back