VIOFO A119 V3

Is there a download link here ?

Thanks

I'm impressed with the before and after, the clarity, especially the washed out v clear clouds in daytime.

I'm impressed with the before and after, the clarity, especially the washed out v clear clouds in daytime.
The parameters of contrast, gamma and black level are more or less worked out. Now the task is to achieve maximum detail.
There will be more feedback with the original video and screenshots of key frames, then we will achieve a positive result faster...

In my experience you always get motion blur, it's a tiny dashcam not a studio quality mega-cam, horses for courses.

In the grand scheme of things though my V3 is way better than my old Nextbase 380, that produced illegible number plates of vehicles overtaking, same direction.

What is the issue with the images? Do you mean the motion blur of the license plates?
Double objects
So this is mod firmware
By default - it is impossible to use.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I strongly assume that this is motion blur. You can counter this effect by shorter exposure (so the moving object does not move noticeable during exposure). If the image then gets too dark, the sensitivity (ISO) needs to be increased. This results in worse image quality as a consequence. So it's a tradeoff.

I strongly assume that this is motion blur.
there is no blur, there is a bifurcation!!
As you can see here everything is OK

In the new firmware, without HDR, everything is fine!

Okay, I think they’ll do it right.

Last edited:
What do you mean with "bifurcation" - I don't know this term in this context, only from fingerprint analysis :)

What do you mean with "bifurcation" - I don't know this term in this context, only from fingerprint analysis :)
There are two separate exposures visible in each frame, but no motion blur.

This is to be expected with multi-exposure HDR, but it would be better if there wasn't a big time gap between the exposures, and given that the first exposure had enough light for the plates, there was no need to add the second exposure into the image in that area, only needs adding in areas where there was not enough light in the first exposure.

Hard but not impossible. A very good exemple is A119s where HDR ( WDR ) works flawlessly.
Anyway regarding A119 V3 only Novatek can do that

Last edited:
A119 V3 use also WDR and not HDR. Both of them works on the dark and bright details to be clear under the high-contrasted light condition. WDR is hardware and HDR software. For this reason ( 119V3 use WDR ) we can do nothing, only Novatek can do.

A119 V3 use also WDR and not HDR. Both of them works on the dark and bright details to be clear under the high-contrasted light condition. WDR is hardware and HDR software. For this reason ( 119V3 use WDR ) we can do nothing, only Novatek can do.

IMX 335 supports HDR, not WDR

Back