COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the lighter side...

95949257_3268426443170023_8683056084342013952_n.jpg

97160731_10158498857085891_822174555702296576_n.jpg

97378702_166637794883278_6624014840987910144_o.jpg

97583155_3053810261373235_7592678400305659904_o.jpg

We finally get to the truth as the source of this virus has been found. I knew good reporting would find patient zero. :sneaky:

Snap 2020-05-11 at 11.34.30.png

Infected Less Those who die from the infection ..' = %
Obviously those figures are bogus ( I already said that ) , because unless you test 100% of the people . One is only guessing !
Anyone able to predict election results from 1% of the results ?
They are still discovering people who died as a result of Covid 19 ( Reasons for death other than the usual reason )
And I have watched a few documentaries on the Spanish Flue .
If you go down that road , be prepared to dig large pits for mass graves .

The order said I had to wear a mask that covered my mouth and nose.

Nailed it!

95579032_10219577653885924_4986712761598738432_n.jpg

I think "it" have arrived where i live, at least just now when i was on the toilet, someone else near me ( above ) was trying very hard to expel his lounges and stomac.
Of course it could also be something else, but this day and age you cant be too careful.
And i am about to leave to pick my mother up at the hospital to drive her home.

Obviously those figures are bogus ( I already said that ) , because unless you test 100% of the people . One is only guessing !
They are still discovering people who died as a result of Covid 19 ( Reasons for death other than the usual reason )

Quite a lot of insight my friend (y) From the beginning of this mess I've consistently called for 100% testing for this very reason, yet even after explaining it some people still just don't get it :( Science is based on hard facts with all the data being verified as far as it is possible to do. We CAN test at nearly 100%, missing only those people who don't want to be located and tested so much that they're willing to endure great hardships just to avoid it. THAT is the level we need to reach to apply science to this- and damn few people in power are calling for or doing this :mad: We are dealing with something which we still don't have any proof that it might end up killing us all, so until we're certain that will not happen we need that 100% testing. (And before anyone jumps in and says it's not going to kill us all I demand hat you show absolute proof of that. Post-disease immunity may be too short lived, may not be effective against strain variations, or may not exist at all. We still don't know and only the gathering of all possible solid verifiable data can get us anywhere close to the knowledge level we need.)

Even before Covid-19 showed up (and indeed even before I got online) I had an interest in and I studied the 'Spanish Flu' pandemic. Where I once lived there was a short paved driveway or road to an old building; the partial foundation was all that was left. Walking my dog, we went there to have a look around. Behind it was a still-traveled path which intrigued us so we took it. Maybe 50 feet on there was a near-derelict cemetery, which in itself isn't all that unusual here as this was once a rural area and small 'family' cemeteries are fairly common here. But on looking at the weathered headstones it struck me as odd that most of the dates of death were 1918, and many of the birth dates showed that the large majority of these were infants :eek:Here's a LINK to look at. What isn't mentioned in there is that apparently many of these 1918 graves were of people who were not connected to that church, which I learned through local folklore and in talking with some elderly people who had always lived in the area. It seems that many of the general population did not trust what the medical people were telling them, and they believed that the dead bodies might still somehow transmit the disease so they did not want them buried in the town's cemeteries- instead they chose this one since at the time it was the furthest one from town you could get to in practicality. And as local folklore has it, the reason the church faded away was because many of it's members were afraid to go there because they might catch the disease, and they began attending services elsewhere. I haven't seen the place in decades; the pics in my link were taken some years after I was there and it's in much better shape than when I found it. There is much development going on there now and as I understand it there has been talk of exhuming the bodies and moving them elsewhere so the plot can be put to 'better use'. There is some resistance to that because many of the headstones and markers have been moved, vandalized, or are no longer identifiable and there is a certainty that there are many more graves than markers indicate, and they are not arranged in such a way as to know for sure where they might be. Thus any digging will have to be done by hand and carefully for fear of destroying someone's remains which will be a costly endeavor. There are also some families whose relatives are buried there fighting against the removal legally with the weight of State law heavily on their side. I'm sure that in the end the greedy developers will win :cry:

And once I got online I of course revisited the topic, and in trying to find out more about the cemetery I became intrigued with that pandemic, of which there is much said here on the web about it. Mass grave pits are not an exaggeration- they happened. Entire towns and villages faded away becaise of that pandemic when so many people died that there were not enough left to sustain the community. In much the same way entire extended families were nearly wiped out, and numerous family farms came to the same fate. If we didn't 'flatten the curve' and have ventilators and modern medicine on our side (options not available in 1918) we would at this very moment be seeing something very close to that. In places like N. Korea where we can't know or trust news reports, this kind of thing may actually be occurring :cautious: That pandemic had 2-3 'waves' almost all over the world; again something which could happen here with Covid-19. And we now know that there were mutations and variations with that flu which we've already found with Covid-19 too. Further remember that back then, the World War had ravaged every Nations economy. Many thousands of troops were returning home, needing jobs when they arrived, and the economy-sustaining wartime industry was gone exacerbating that situation. It was especially bad in Germany; to be expected on the losing side of any large war. Yet if we look a decade further on, we see save for Germany etal, the world was apparently prospering like never before :) So that pandemic, even as bad as it was and being much bigger than Covid-19 in every way, did not have any real long-term economic repercussions. Which we should take note of with this pandemic and the ones who are claiming that we will get the opposite result this time 'round. The things which brought on the Great Depression after the Spanish Flu pandemic really had no direct relation to it, so why would we see a different effect now with Covid-19? I don't think we would, but I'm not going to get the chance to see about that as the decisions being made on how to handle this are not going to allow any future general prosperity to happen. For sure there will be some short-term suffering which is really unavoidable and it will be extreme to some people. I don't see any way to avoid that; it is the lot of humanity in toto where the poor and weak always suffer :oops: But we need to know and understand that any long-term economic repercussions from Covid-19 will not have been caused by the disease but by how it was handled. More to the point by who was handling it. Even with their understandable lack of knowledge, most of the measures taken against the Spanish Flu pandemic were mainly led by Medical professionals, not so much politicians as we're getting now.

The parallels of these two pandemics is strikingly similar in many ways. What is also striking is for almost all our nation's leaders to have not learned from the past. And TBH I cannot see how with such blindness already in control and leading our collective destinies that after Covid-19 is done that we're going to use what we learn from it wisely either. Given what we now know about Covid-19 I doubt it will end humanity directly or through economic hardship, but there's going to be a 'next time' and whatever disease brings that about might not be as easy on us as these two have been- not that it's been easy at all- but that thought needs consideration.

Phil

Yes, people do predict the election results pretty accurately from far less than 1% of the results, the key thing being that they do it from the "results" at the exit poll, not before the voting takes place!

We do know the results pretty accurately from the total death count for the year compared to the average death count for the last 5 years.
The covid-19 line on the chart is as you suggest a bit of a guess, but the total is accurate, was a little below average until the pandemic started, now it is above average. The UK Covid-19 deaths for the year are now about equal to the flu deaths if you add on the "missed covid-19 deaths" suggested by the dotted line. Flu deaths are down a bit on the average, and have dropped a bit more since the lockdown started, but not very much, suggesting that the lockdown is not very effective, at least against flu. No way to know if it was effective against covid-19, quite probable that the predicted overload of the hospitals was not accurate and based on everyone living in crowded cities like Wuhan. Note that the new deaths have now dropped considerably and the total is running nearly parallel to the average and will probably drop back towards average before long:

Cumulative number of deaths registered by week, England and Wales, 28 December 2019 to 1 May 2020, Source: Office for National Statistics.
1589354205660.png

Last edited:
When you see charts like that you do think " why all the fuss"
But i dont think anyone have shut down the world just for fun, someone must know things i dont know i feel.

When you see charts like that you do think " why all the fuss"
But i dont think anyone have shut down the world just for fun, someone must know things i dont know i feel.
It is clear that many experts don't, just listen to Trump!

Maybe we should set the courts onto some of the experts? Where Trump got his bleach idea?:
The US leader of the church, Archbishop Mark Grenon, claims he wrote to President Donald Trump about its "sacramental cleansing water" days before Trump's infamous press conference in which he suggested injecting disinfectant as a potential coronavirus cure.

A lot of the lockdown was a precaution, because at the time it was not known what would happen, and the disaster in northern Italy showed that things could get bad. New York has confirmed that in high density populations the lockdowns were necessary. The Faeroes have shown that in low density populations a few precautions such as enhanced hand washing are all that is required.

Last edited:
I just focus on the death numbers, and so far while some have a high number it is also in countries with a big population.
I would brick upp my door if Denmark had 100.000 Deaths, that would be much worse than the Spanish flu which i think killed 15.000 here.

I just focus on the death numbers, and so far while some have a high number it is also in countries with a big population.
Our newspapers are still not taking population into account in their headlines, so you should count yourself as a relative expert! There is also a big difference in the counting, my graph above counts covid-19 even if there wasn't a positive test, if the doctor writes "Influenza symptoms, possibly covid-19" then it counts on both the covid and influenza lines, so quite likely the influenza is actually significantly lower since the lockdown! Other countries are still only counting covid-19 if the death occurs in hospital and after a positive test.

I would brick upp my door if Denmark had 100.000 Deaths, that would be much worse than the Spanish flu which i think killed 15.000 here.
Maybe 2000 early deaths by the time a vaccine arrives, if you level off at around the same percentage as other medium size nations, you are still dragging it out despite relaxing the lockdown!

I think "it" have arrived where i live, at least just now when i was on the toilet, someone else near me ( above ) was trying very hard to expel his lounges and stomac.
Of course it could also be something else, but this day and age you cant be too careful.
And i am about to leave to pick my mother up at the hospital to drive her home.
Are you sure it was not the sounds of someone who had to much alcohol to drink?

Snap 2020-05-13 at 12.08.52.png

Snap 2020-05-13 at 12.10.32.png

Snap 2020-05-13 at 14.52.55.png

96531355_10220946102620946_782414295391535104_n.jpg

33941461_H26402673-720x445.jpg

Here is a true picture of the fallout caused by the quarantine from a real business owner.

97579619_10216753489091234_664253049224560640_o.jpg

I wish I did not need to make this post. I love freedom and liberty as much as anyone. Now I feel obligated to say something that I dislike needing to say that does affect everyone's liberty.

My statement below is based on a new study about covid-19 that just came out today. Please read this study. This literally challenges everything about why everyone should be wearing masks and how social distancing may make no sense. https://www.pnas.org/content/early/...2Lc5wy68NRsO7hywFcdD6AqtcI23cDbRWD_jkIUV_cmrY
We must always go where the science takes us. I did not expect this.

Based on this research masks should be seen as a necessary means of protection that all caring people should volunteer to wear. These masks can protect others from spreading and receiving viral infection. I know this information could feel like being hit hard in the gut. We need to protect the elderly and those with compromised immune systems from ourselves. In time the virus will die off. Until then we do not want to repeat mistakes made in past epidemics. We need effective masks not a folded up t-shirt and rubber bands. We need real masks that are better than N-95 masks to be available for everyone. More importantly, we need to train people how to properly use and wear masks. Masks that are constantly touched are useless. Masks that are worn under the nose can not do much protecting. There needs to be a daily briefing segment that explains how to wear your mask properly along with the new virus statistics.

Masks should be seen as a necessary evil that caring people should volunteer to wear. I know the emotions and arguments that are currently raging among those who want everyone to be forced to or be free not to wear masks. An honest man has to be open to new information and to change his mind when appropriate. To me this new information is such a game changing piece of information.

Ordinary speech can emit moisture that remains in the air for eight minutes and likely much longer. This report was published in a peer-reviewed journal the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences based on an experiment that used lasers to study the moisture emitted through human speech.

The report concluded “Highly sensitive laser light scattering observations have revealed that loud speech can emit thousands of oral fluid droplets per second”.

Previous research has led some experts to investigate if the highly contagious covid-19 virus can spread through aerosol droplets. Although research and debates continue for now, most infectious disease experts believe the virus is usually spread through respiratory droplets.

This new study considered how people create respiratory droplets when they speak. The experiment concentrated on small droplets that can remain in the air for a longer time. The authors said the small droplets potentially might contain enough virus particles to cause infections.

Louder speech produces more droplets so speak softly. The paper estimates that one minute of “loud speaking” emits “at least 1,000 virion-containing droplet nuclei that remain airborne” for at least eight minutes.

It was determined that “This direct visualization demonstrates how normal speech generates airborne droplets that can remain suspended for tens of minutes or longer and are eminently capable of transmitting disease in confined spaces”.

“This study is the most accurate measure of the size, number and frequency of droplets that leave the mouth during a normal conversation and shower any listeners within range,” was declared by Benjamin Neuman, a virologist at Texas A&M University-Texarkana who did not participate in the research.

Neuman said “This study doesn’t directly test whether the virus can be transmitted by talking, but it builds a strong circumstantial case that droplets produced in a normal close conversation would be large enough and frequent enough to create a high risk of spreading SARS-CoV-2 or any other respiratory virus between people who are not wearing face masks”.

Andrew Noymer, a University of California at Irvine epidemiologist who did not participate in the new research said “Speech creates droplets that breathing alone does not. That much is clear”,

Andrew Noymer also stated an important truth that we all need to understand. “Big mouths of the world, beware. You’re putting the rest of us at risk.”

I would conclude based on the above information that masks are helpful and should be worn by everyone and worn properly. Masks that do not cover your mouth when you speak could put others at risk. Worse yet, someone else by just talking to someone else 5 minutes earlier without a mask on could infect you when you walk in the same part of the store they were in.

I would conclude based on the above information that masks are helpful and should be worn by everyone and worn properly. Masks that do not cover your mouth when you speak could put others at risk. Worse yet, someone else by just talking to someone else 5 minutes earlier without a mask on could infect you when you walk in the same part of the store they were in.
And yet the science supporting mask use is extremely poor, it is far from clear that masks reduce infections, and quite possible that they increase infections, it is certainly true that people who wear them are continuously using their hands to adjust them which transfers virus particles to within cm of their mouths and nose, and when you speak to someone, the chances of those speech droplets landing on your hands is considerably greater than the chance of them falling into your nose. There is also the problem of taking the masks off without a big pile of virus particles becoming airborne and getting into your throat, by then the droplets have dried, nothing to stop them floating around your house for hours, when you could have left them outside if you hadn't worn the mask! Surgical masks are good for surgeons and other health care workers who know how to use them and take the time and precautions to use them properly, but for public use they are a huge environmental hazard, non recyclable, non biodegradable, biohazard waste, that has not been proven to work. Cloth masks are possibly good for people with coughs and sneezes, but those people should not be out in public.

I don't see anything new in that study, it does explain why in the UK, if I currently want to meet a friend or family not resident in my house, then I have to meet them outdoors where the virus particles will get blown away and then quickly disintegrate and become harmless under the sun's UV light. They are not allowed into my house which might be full of virus particles floating around in the air. We don't have a rule that we must speak quietly, but I think it is probably better to talk more loudly from a greater distance than quietly at close distance? And of course wearing a surgical mask requires far more effort in talking to make oneself understood, thus ejecting far more virus, another reason why masks might not be a good idea.

As for your store comment, well the cloth mask is not going to reduce the number of virus particles floating around in the store unless you get in and out before any of the droplets evaporate, which is impractical. The mask will just transport them to the checkout where you will then speak to the attendant and send a huge cloud of particles that have collected on your mask directly towards the attendant, and since these are now from dried droplets, they will not fall before arriving! Cloth masks do not magically make the virus particles disapear.

Seems most of the virus has moved across the Atlantic, 60% of covid-19 deaths yesterday were over there!

Will be interesting to see if it can cross the Pacific, and get back to where it came from.

UK hospital accident and emergency use at record low, covid-19 is saving lives as well as taking some!

_112270105_a-e_attendances14may-nc.png

UK hospital accident and emergency use at record low, covid-19 is saving lives as well as taking some!

What kind of self-delusional bubble are you living in Nigel?

Obviously, this is yet another one of your efforts to paint a rosy picture of the extreme COVID-19 crisis occurring in the UK where even people with serious illnesses and injuries are terrified of going anywhere near your hospitals.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/14/a-and-e-attendance-england-record-low-covid-19-lockdown

NHS.jpg

“The fall in emergency admissions means there are loads and loads of people that are staying away from A&E who really ought to come in. That’s a real worry,” said one NHS source.

“They are likely to be people with strokes, heart attacks, sepsis, delirium, severe asthma attacks, broken bones and exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.”

"Potentially large but still unknown numbers of patients are also thought to have not sought help at A&E for delirium, broken bones and a worsening of their already serious breathing problems."

Yes, maybe a huge fall in use of A&E means that there are now lots of people about with broken arms, legs, skulls, etc. :unsure:

Or maybe people are not having car/train/plane crashes because there has been a huge drop in travel, sport, etc.? :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back