New Dashcam A129 Duo Plus

SuMMoN

Reaction score
Country
Timor-leste
Acordding to the well-known Dashcam Seller from Thailand, It seems VIOFO have new product in development "A129 Pro Duo Plus" with

- SoC NTK96670
- 1440p front (IMX335) and 1080p rear
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- Built-in 16GB eMMC for record videos, still support Micro SD Card
- no price reveals as of now

Its target to launch late June to early July but specs, name and release date may subject to change.

Last edited:
I'd be pretty angry if they release a new products without fixing the significant errors with the A129 Pro

I'd be pretty angry if they release a new products without fixing the significant errors with the A129 Pro
It has an A119 processor, so won't necessarily have A129 issues.

I am amazed its not 1440p in both ends, that i would like to see.
Yes, and I'm sure that will arrive sometime, but cost is an issue, and using the cheaper processor means this will be a very competitive dual camera.

Be interesting to see how well the Built-in 16GB eMMC works.
Probably only for use if you forget to install your SD card after viewing it on your computer. Apart from not storing many hours of video, it will wear out if you only use the eMMC, not before the warrantee, but you can't expect many years of life.

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone. But sometimes a new cam does emerge before the bugs are all fixed in older versions, just depends on how the company is set up. Sometimes different groups do different things so the 'new products' people could outpace the 'development' people. We've seen something like that already with Viofo's A119 series, but things worked out there so maybe they will here too.

I am amazed its not 1440p in both ends, that i would like to see.

Incremental development, same as always. The eMMC memory buffer is a new twist though, and it will be interesting to see what it improves exactly.

Phil

The eMMC memory buffer is a new twist though, and it will be interesting to see what it improves exactly.
Might be interesting for people to guess what it is going to be used for, could be some interesting ideas for Viofo to implement, if they haven't already...

The name gets longer and longer... interesting to see built in storage and still have expandable unlike ddpai

The name gets longer and longer... interesting to see built in storage and still have expandable unlike ddpai
The actual name is A129 Plus or A129 Plus Duo, not the A129 PRO DUO PLUS.

What's the main issu of the A129 Pro, this is the latest beta version.
Random beeps, squeaks, freezes, reboots, shut-offs, stopping recording. Anything you can think about. :geek:

EDIT: So the latest is still the 1.7T? :confused:

Last edited:
The actual name is A129 Plus or A129 Plus Duo, not the A129 PRO DUO PLUS.

Somebody was quick to create the new section without checking the correct name first :)
I was wondering why it would be "Pro" when it is not 4K.

We'll likely be carrying this starting June/July :)

It still have some noticeable issues on V1.7T "beep beep beep beep"including some I didn't experience before on previous beta versions, which is camera occasionally will freeze for several seconds when attempting to enter the menu using the unit buttons.
By the way. What is the latest beta version linked abobe? Is it newer than V1.7T ? If there is a newer one I would like to give it a try.

By the way. What is the latest beta version linked abobe? Is it newer than V1.7T ? If there is a newer one I would like to give it a try.
Therefore i made the edit. According to the code it's still the 4/17/2020 (same date as 1.7T)

EDIT: Yep, checksum confirmed it's 1.7T.

Last edited:
So it will be a 119 V3 evolution, with added Wi-Fi, the Duo option and the emmc.

I am sold... :cool:

I am already on that version. The problem is multiple beeps during driving with loss of video recording.

This has been a problem for months and VIOFO has not even recognised let along fixed this problem although this is obviously a widespread problem.

We bought a flagship product from you, which does not work as advertised and from what we can tell there has been no attempt to fix this problem.

Please fix your existing product so we don't have to come to a thread of your new product to get some attention.

Are there any news regarding the new model? Is it supposed to be a better A119 V3?

Back