Zenfox T3 recived

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
This little camera arrived today, so wasted no time getting it installed, which took its time as before that i had 2 cameras to remove and a 3 one to relocate ( my side camera kit )
Also for the initial testing i removed my rear view mirror, but that's quite easy as its just installed with 2 Phillips head screws.
For memory cards on this initial test i just used the 2 that was in the SG and GT cameras ( Kingston endurance and Toshiba exceria )

Image quality / bitrate was set to the max to make sure the 2 cards got all the camera can give.

IMG_20200608_180318.jpg

The 2 cards both seemed to do well on my short drive thru town and out north on the highways.

Mine is on hold at Cincinnati OH, hub :( so, not sure I will receive it tomorrow as previously estimated:cry:

That Kingston Endurance looks like it has endured a long life already!
Nice A1 rating though, should do well.

Okay on my drive right now the GPS seemed a tad better with the mobius maxi off, if that's it then the T3 will throw a tantrum when i get more cameras to put beside it,,,,,, i dont think the mobius maxi are a noisy camera ( RF )
It was mostly a issue at the start of my drive, the last 3/4 of it seem to be okay GPS wise.

Also leaving home i drive across town to my favorite gas station, that is normally a 2 X 3 min file drive, but i just have 1 file ( from each camera ) and they are only fragments and can not be played.

All other files play good, and i also had a stop / go on my way home ( on the same gas station )

ATM i am Using the Toshiba memory card, as i recall from the depths of my grey goo it and the kingston card have much the same R/W performance.

Night time recording will have to wait until tomorrow, i am going to my mothers place, and my friends after that, and i will try to get him to crank up the grill so i will be there late and drive home in darkness.

Also the files are not 100 % in sync, if you take 3 matching files and drop them on top of each other in a editing program, for instance where you can hear the indicator relay, well with 3 sound tracks going the indicator relay sound like a machine gun.
With the 2 channels of the GS9663DC everything are in sync, so the indicator relay just sound like 1 "tick" even if you have 2 soundtracks on top of each other going.

Last edited:
The T3 are not a loud camera in any way, the chimes are fairly understated, and it dont have any LED, not even to indicate recording.
I guess it is just old habit from my other cameras looking to see the record LED flashing.

Mine is on hold at Cincinnati OH, hub :( so, not sure I will receive it tomorrow as previously estimated:cry:

Cincinnati --> Texas is a bit of a hike! Ya I wouldn't count on it arriving tomorrow.

The T3 are not a loud camera in any way, the chimes are fairly understated, and it dont have any LED, not even to indicate recording.
I guess it is just old habit from my other cameras looking to see the record LED flashing.

Mind doing a test please? Let the car sit and see if the GPS forces camera to enter parking mode when car remains stationary and shut off.

No problem, i can do that tomorrow too at my friends place while sweat over the grill.

It does have LEDs, the up and down buttons light up red. If it stops recording then they flash, if it is recording then they are solid red. In daytime they are hard to see though. It also beeps if it stops recording, which is loud enough for me to notice.

Aaaa okay i did notice a faint glow in those buttons, and more visible a clear sight of a LED around the perimeter of the round OK button.
But to be honest i did not notice them blinking when not recording, and it was sort of cloudy here today though also plenty of light.

@HonestReview i can confirm the T3 do go into parking mode after sitting idle for a while ( low bitrate selected by me )

T3parking idle car.jpg

Regarding the IR performance of the cabin camera, if the light could be spread a little more it would be nice, also it should not be weaker, a bit more light reaching the back seat would be fine.
With the ambient light of the street lights in the little town i live in, you barely need IR light too, the sensor in the cabin camera perform well.

T3 cabin IR.jpg

Of course i have the camera a little offset away from the driver seat, so maybe that's why i am only lit up 50%
The audio recording on the T3 i think are working well, but i dont have that good Audio on my PC, i just use the small speakers build into my monitor.

a bit more light reaching the back seat would be fine.
Your rear seats are rather dark in the daylight video too!
Maybe the light level here is due to the auto-exposure exposing for your bright shirt, not the amount of IR.

Could be, the hoodie i wear are actually dark green, but a whole other ballgame when IR are playing the field.
More testing on this to come.

T3 already busted its #2 idiot driver, this time a really dangerous tanker truck.

Are you sure you got the plate right?
On the bit where he is tailgating, the last digit looks like a '1', maybe BX97241, but I am looking at Youtube in 1080, and with most cameras I wouldn't be able to read any of it!

Don't understand all the Danish, how did that stop work?

I looked up the plate and it come out as a Scania truck.

To be honest i just pulled in at the drøsbro dairy as i wanted to get behind him, it was pure luck he was going to that place, so both he and i i assume was a bit surprised :)
I had been working a jackhammer and other stuff all day at my friends house so was in no mood for a confrontation, though a guy like that are the kind of people i would "dance" with.

I did contact his employer with a link to the video, hopefully they have a word with the person.

I did contact his employer with a link to the video, hopefully they have a word with the person.
I imagine they will have a word, might be checking the tire use of that driver too!

Seems good sound quality in your car, with a surprising lack of bad language!

Also interesting to see to see the lens reflections, looks like a nice multi-coated lens:
1591783014811.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back