Zenfox T3 recived

My only option now are to try out the even lower bitrates just to see if that make a change, but before that i will try another power source than the original one.
Put it on maximum, and disconnect the rear camera...

I suspect there is something wrong somewhere and all these problems are somehow connected with your GPS issues. Might be worth trying it with GPS turned off, although I'm not sure if that actually turns the receiver off.

Thats a option too ( disconnecting the rear camera )
The GPS seem to have come around, i have not noticed anything with it in the past few days of testing, both cold and hot boot seem to be as good as anything i have seen
I am getting a little frustrated by now, i am also putting in a old camera again tomorrow.

I have noticed a pattern, when the camera stop to record it is always 10 - 15 minutes into a session. ( aside for the 1 time today where it stopped but also beeped after just two 3 minute files )
But when it quit into drives i have not noticed any beeping, and in spite of the good weather i am forcing myself to not play the radio in the car as a wisper would overpower the weak alarm beep.

What I REALLY DISLIKE is the lack of a blinking light indicating the camera is recording. The Viofo A129 Duo has a recording light so you know if there's a problem. My Sandisk High Endurance just arrived. Will test it out. I am not sure, but it appears the camera froze on the Sandisk Ultra Plus. No Surprise.

One BUG - On the ZenFox app, I tend to have an issue receiving a signal. So once you go into viewing files, then go back to live view, the live image doesn't always return.

Is there any possibility that there is an intermittent power connection or low voltage / noise issue? Maybe something is triggering an improper silent shutdown, but you don't notice due to the screen being off. Perhaps there should be an option in the next firmware to disable the screensaver for testing.

KuoH

I have noticed a pattern, when the camera stop to record it is always 10 - 15 minutes into a session. ( aside for the 1 time today where it stopped but also beeped after just two 3 minute files )
But when it quit into drives i have not noticed any beeping, and in spite of the good weather i am forcing myself to not play the radio in the car as a wisper would overpower the weak alarm beep.

Okay put me in a pink tutu and call me Daisy, but the new kingston camvas plus have done absolutely no good for my T3, actually until i did a hardware reset too i think it did even worse.

So i put the new card in the camera and formatted it, and then after that loaded default settings, then i did time zone and a few other things ( left bitrate at the default normal )
Then i set off on a drive, but only got something like 6 minutes into it before the camera started to beep indicating a error ( very faint warning beep i must say )

So i reset hardware too while at the car wash, and ever the optimist i also changed bitrate from Normal to good, and after that the camera recorded for 15 minutes, but then stopped and again this time with no beeping to warn me.

My only option now are to try out the even lower bitrates just to see if that make a change, but before that i will try another power source than the original one.

View attachment 52170
So evidently this Dashcam is only liking to work with the evo cards. For me is good because I have them, but in general that is not a good thing that a dashcam is extremely picky with cards, especially when you have already demonstrated by using several of the very reliable brands and now the A1 which is supposed to be a better fit for it. I don't think forcing us to lower the Bitrate is the solution instead of fixing the root of the problem. If storage is the issue then Zenfox should do an effort of educating us of what we should use and what to avoid accordion whit what they already know. I even asked them to share details of those "proper" cards that are capable of handling the maximum Bitrate, but I suspect there is not a straightforward answer to that as I believe the current problems are mostly firmware related.

I dont think the model as such are picky about what media it offload to, i am more inclined to think i am unlucky in some regard.
Next few days i will experiment without the rear camera as it is often a source for grief in multi channel systems.
Tonight i also turned the rear camera wire, i did have it installed in reverse so the angled plug that are supposed to be in the front camera well i had it in the rear camera, i dont think it matter but now i have done it.
If the camera are only tested from the factory and found to only work with a very few memory cards i assume zenfox would have said something, otherwise people would just be wasting their time.

I for one are eager to hear what people are using and having success with, i doubt people will see the same trouble i have seen so far.
I remember the Joovuu x cam days, other people was having problems with those too, but my cameras always ran good even if i managed to destroy the 2 pre production cameras "fast"

What I REALLY DISLIKE is the lack of a blinking light indicating the camera is recording. The Viofo A129 Duo has a recording light so you know if there's a problem. My Sandisk High Endurance just arrived. Will test it out. I am not sure, but it appears the camera froze on the Sandisk Ultra Plus. No Surprise.

One BUG - On the ZenFox app, I tend to have an issue receiving a signal. So once you go into viewing files, then go back to live view, the live image doesn't always return.
May I know do you use IOS or Android phone?

About the file system, do you use the exFat or FAT32, we thought the recording issue may relate with exFat which Novatek implemented recently.
So we recommend trying the FAT32.

I am using FAT32, always format the memory card in the camera before use.
The card was of course exFAT before i put it in the camera, but formatting with camera turn it into FAT32

I am going for 2 X 40 minutes drive soon, have to visit my dear old mother.
I will try to record the first drive with all 3 cameras, but for the drive home i will unplug the rear camera.

I am using FAT32, always format the memory card in the camera before use.
The card was of course exFAT before i put it in the camera, but formatting with camera turn it into FAT32

I am going for 2 X 40 minutes drive soon, have to visit my dear old mother.
I will try to record the first drive with all 3 cameras, but for the drive home i will unplug the rear camera.
OK, wish will be good. But as we know, the Kinston card is always not recommended for Novatek chipset camera.

I reversed the cable to the rear camera, which i first installed backwards, i dont think it matter but at least now it is as the manual say it must be.
And after i did that yesterday the short drive home was all okay

I have been using the kingston endurance for over a year now in the old SG9663DC from street guardian, it have been flawless in that dual channel system on the 9663 SOC from Novatek

New transcend and western digital memory cards arrive tomorrow.

Okay setting off from home today, i am sort of seeing a pattern, 3 cameras - highest bitrate - time zone settings.

Drive from home to gas station was recorded fine on all 3 cameras total record time 7 min 16 seconds but this is also a normal start and stop session.

Drive from gas station and to moms house is where the plot thickened for me, the camera start up recording just fine and do so for
9 min 1 second and then stop on its own ( no alarm )
So when i notice i start a new recording by pressing REC button, and then this session last
6 min 1 second and then stop

The next manual record start session are exactly the same
with 6 min 1 second

I then pull over as the camera have stopped, i enter the menu and change LCD turn off from the 5 minutes it was to 3 minutes ( default as i recall ) i then exit the menu and of course camera start to record.
So i set off on my drive but after just
3 min 1 second the recording stop again.

Another common thing about these camera stop on its own sessions is, that every time it stop with a 1 second recording from the front and cabin camera, there are no recording saved from the rear camera, prompting me to think there is something wrong with my rear camera or the wire to it.

I did not start any more recordings at this time as i was pretty close to my destination, and arriving there and after camera turned off i unplugged the rear camera.

My following drive to 2 stores not long away ( just a 1 min drive ) was recorded perfect on the now just 2 cameras, also the drive home to my mothers place from those 2 stores.
And my entire drive home have also been recorded perfect on the 2 cameras ( front and cabin ), not a single beat missed, but also for all the driving today
no corrupted files, not even for the drive out with 3 cameras that turn off sort of at a system where 6 min 1 second was the favorite, with the oddball 9 min 1 second and the 3 min 1 second.

Here i am particular looking at the X minutes and 1 second every time, the 3 minutes and 1 second final recording after i changed to 3 min LCD timeout do confuse me, i would have bet a small amount it would also have been 6 minutes and 1 second long.

T3 system stop.jpg

My entire drive home minus the first 2 files i could not fit in the window, the they are there and like all the other files just fine.
Also there is my stop to do some shopping, but with just 2 cameras my T3 are rock solid, so everything is there. ( bottom 4 files are after my shopping )
2 channel T3 drive home.jpg

Last edited:
Okay ! :sneaky:

Being the resourceful and dead-eye troubleshooter i am, i have resolved my issue with having the 3 cameras going :) i simply replaced the rear camera wire with the long one supplied with my SG9663DC.
I would have used the short one but it have 90 degree bend USB plug in both ends, and they are bend in the wrong direction so it cover the power USB socket in the T3 camera, but the long SG wire are strait in one end and are bend in the other.
So i took the rear camera off the mount, put it in the end of the SG wire and plugged the other end into the T3, and wouldn't you know it started right up, and it have recorded every second of driving since then, and i am just home from a almost 1 hour long test drive.
And mind you this is with the highest bitrates going too :cool:(y)

So it seem to just be the wire, so if @Zenfox_Official have a spare rear camera wire he can send that would be nice, the long SG wire i am using now i will have to use when i put my SG9663DC in my friends Mercedes.

Last edited:
Well :) off to the back yard to do a proper install of the T3 rear camera, and the working wire.
Then a trip thru town to see if any pretty little girls work the gas station tonight :p

Well :) off to the back yard to do a proper install of the T3 rear camera, and the working wire.
Then a trip thru town to see if any pretty little girls work the gas station tonight :p

Question: How does the T3's night capture compare to your other dash cameras in the same lighting.

1592430613388.png

I have no idea cuz i dont have any other cameras on my windscreen or rear window ( aside for my zoom mobius maxi that are not a super low light performer )
The sun had just set before my drive so i only have some dusk / town footage, which i will upload a little off later.

I have no idea cuz i dont have any other cameras on my windscreen or rear window ( aside for my zoom mobius maxi that are not a super low light performer )
The sun had just set before my drive so i only have some dusk / town footage, which i will upload a little off later.

No worries. Trying to see if anyone else can do a side by side comparison of the Vifo A129 (or another camera) and the T3 at night.

I dont think what you see are out of the ordinary.

Footage from this evening as the sun had set, same time frame but of course front camera filming towards the place sun have set, the rear camera the other way.

Okay ! :sneaky:

Being the resourceful and dead-eye troubleshooter i am, i have resolved my issue with having the 3 cameras going :) i simply replaced the rear camera wire with the long one supplied with my SG9663DC.
I would have used the short one but it have 90 degree bend USB plug in both ends, and they are bend in the wrong direction so it cover the power USB socket in the T3 camera, but the long SG wire are strait in one end and are bend in the other.
So i took the rear camera off the mount, put it in the end of the SG wire and plugged the other end into the T3, and wouldn't you know it started right up, and it have recorded every second of driving since then, and i am just home from a almost 1 hour long test drive.
And mind you this is with the highest bitrates going too :cool:(y)

So it seem to just be the wire, so if @Zenfox_Official have a spare rear camera wire he can send that would be nice, the long SG wire i am using now i will have to use when i put my SG9663DC in my friends Mercedes.

See this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...on-limited-quantity.42404/page-26#post-514546

We've got some major issues going on with these units. I experienced the same failure as @EGS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back