Zenfox T3 recived

Today all the files when it record are there, including the tree 1 second files it seem to want to make when it stop recording like this for me.
No corrupted files or anything, it just stop recording after it have done 3-4 full sets ( 1 minute today ) and then slam on the tree 1 second files at the end.

Since i had it working so good yesterday and the only change today are unplugging and then plug in after window clean, and the change to 1 minute videos, i have a sneaky feeling change to settings leave some residue in the system that trip it up later on, so my idea now is that it will only work doing setting change if it is accompanied by a reset to default first and possibly a hardware reset too.

I find it suspicious than when the camera stop to record, it always do after X full video segments, and then always finish off with the tree 1 second recordings, if it was a random error it would also stop at random places, but for me it done seem to do that.

I have my loop recording set to 5 minutes. What I noticed when the rear and interior camera froze, and only the front was recording, is that the 5 minute video was only 4 mins 54 seconds. I'm hoping in my case it's just an incompatible SD card. I have swapped out the Sandisk High Endurance (Class 10) for a Sandisk A2 Extreme. Going to let my car sit outside again and see what happens. If nothing, I'll repeat the test over a few days.

This camera seems very particular to the SD card that is chosen, even if that isn't my issue, which we'll soon find out.

An aside note, while the T3 froze, my work horse Viofo A129 Duo keeps recording without fail.

i have a sneaky feeling change to settings leave some residue in the system that trip it up later on,
Could it be that it only fails if the card is already full, and the problem is the time it takes the card to delete files, maybe the card can delay a few deletes until it has some spare time, but after a while of continuous recording it has to stop and do a real delete?

Maybe I should try a few more cards, I've not been having any issues with my current one.

Still got 90 GB of free space on this memory card, but otherwise i was thinking that too at a point.

I find it strange it worked perfect "all" day yesterday, but then today making 1 setting change and all bets are off.
so now i am wondering if i change back to 3 minutes will it then work fine again,,,,,,,, TBH i dont think so but i am going to try that before i do a reset to default.

Cleaning my windows i of course made sure to not get any fluids on the USB plugs.

I'm currently on 2 minutes, previously on 1 minute.

Could it be that it only fails if the card is already full, and the problem is the time it takes the card to delete files, maybe the card can delay a few deletes until it has some spare time, but after a while of continuous recording it has to stop and do a real delete?

Maybe I should try a few more cards, I've not been having any issues with my current one.

What card are you using by chance?

Still got 90 GB of free space on this memory card, but otherwise i was thinking that too at a point.

I find it strange it worked perfect "all" day yesterday, but then today making 1 setting change and all bets are off.
so now i am wondering if i change back to 3 minutes will it then work fine again,,,,,,,, TBH i dont think so but i am going to try that before i do a reset to default.

Cleaning my windows i of course made sure to not get any fluids on the USB plugs.

Cleaning windows and removing camera could have been a fluke. I know when I tried the Sandisk Ultra Plus in my Viofo, the camera would freeze at completely random intervals. Sounds like even though you hard reset, the problem still existed. It just chose to return after you took it down and plugged back in.

Okay ( X2 ) :)

So i changed back the 3 minute video size, and then i have been driving around for 50 minutes, and wouldn't you know i am back to a fully functioning camera, not a single beat missed.

SO ! for the people out there that are having issues i recommend that you try with as near to default settings as you can.

The only changes i have made are +2 hour time zone - highest bitrate ( i dont think bitrate matter or at least the highest one seem to be good for me ) - G sensor OFF -

I am pretty sure if i change to the 5 minutes Honestreview use i will see the same problem again, so i am not going there, but tomorrow i will try H.265 with the settings i have now.

So i changed back the 3 minute video size, and then i have been driving around for 50 minutes, and wouldn't you know i am back to a fully functioning camera, not a single beat missed.

SO ! for the people out there that are having issues i recommend that you try with as near to default settings as you can.

The only changes i have made are +2 hour time zone - highest bitrate ( i dont think bitrate matter or at least the highest one seem to be good for me ) - G sensor OFF -

I am pretty sure if i change to the 5 minutes Honestreview use i will see the same problem again, so i am not going there, but tomorrow i will try H.265 with the settings i have now.
Do you attribute it to the rear camera cable change or your new settings?

Ok so the suggestion is to lower each clip to 3 Minutes on loop recording instead of 5 minutes? If i notice another freeze up using the A2 Extreme, I'll give your suggestion a try!

Sandisk A2 Extreme Failed, too. Same results as the Sandisk High Endurance. Only front camera recording. The last file for Interior was cut short to 4 minutes 54 seconds. Last Rear Video was 4 minutes 44 seconds. The Rear camera, leaving the Internal and Front, until the internal camera stopped recording. Only leaving the Front Camera like before.

Loop interval is set to 5 minutes

Going to try @kamkar1 suggestion and set to 3 minute clips via loop interval. Repeat test with Sandisk A2 Extreme.

After i changed the cable yesterday everything was fine, and i made like 2 hours worth of driving without missing a second of footage, but then today changing to 1 minute interval ruined everything, but then going back to 3 minutes and everything are good again. ( i did not reset to default before my change back to 3 minutes )

I will give that it is confusing that the errors displayed in the change to 1 min segments are much like what i would see before i changed the cable to the rear camera.
Also if people are having problems, like i did i will also recommend that you try to disconnect the rear camera and just go with the 2 in the main unit for a day to see if that is stable.
When i changed to just using the 2 cameras my system at once became stable, and i reasoned that the little extra write load to the memory card from that one camera was minor, and so my focus fell on the rear cable.

When i have seen a day or two of stable operation with these settings i have now i will start all over with testing my other memory cards, i am pretty sure at least some of them will work okay in the T3.

Also if you have hardwired, maybe disable the parking features to narrow things down to the very basic stuff.

I am almost willing to bet Nigel ( not having much problems ) probably also use near to default settings on his system, and he have not deviated away from that and so haven't really seen the problems we other guys see ?

After i changed the cable yesterday everything was fine, and i made like 2 hours worth of driving without missing a second of footage, but then today changing to 1 minute interval ruined everything, but then going back to 3 minutes and everything are good again. ( i did not reset to default before my change back to 3 minutes )

I will give that it is confusing that the errors displayed in the change to 1 min segments are much like what i would see before i changed the cable to the rear camera.
Also if people are having problems, like i did i will also recommend that you try to disconnect the rear camera and just go with the 2 in the main unit for a day to see if that is stable.
When i changed to just using the 2 cameras my system at once became stable, and i reasoned that the little extra write load to the memory card from that one camera was minor, and so my focus fell on the rear cable.

When i have seen a day or two of stable operation with these settings i have now i will start all over with testing my other memory cards, i am pretty sure at least some of them will work okay in the T3.

I have everything to default except record bitrate is set to high. Parking mode is set to low bitrate. Right now the issues I'm seeing are when the car is in parking mode, the rear and interior camera drop out. First the rear disappears then shortly after the interior. I set to loop interval of 3 minutes. Seeing this failure occurs at 4 minutes 44 seconds on rear camera and 4 minutes 54 seconds again on the interior, there seems to be a pattern. Let's see what happens when low bitrate recording and park mode are put to 3 minute intervals.

I'm not certain the cable is issue here. Seems a firmware bug but we shall find out when test number 2 runs. Still using A2 Extreme for this test. Not put back in High Endurance.

No i think there are bugs in the firmware, i would not have much faith in the parking side of things as they are now.
Have you tried parking mode but just with the front and cabin camera ?

No i think there are bugs in the firmware, i would not have much faith in the parking side of things as they are now.
Have you tried parking mode but just with the front and cabin camera ?

Test with 3 minutes on loop record for parking mode failed, too. The last rear file recorded was 1 minute 16 seconds. The interior cam continued recording as mentioned in prior test, until it too ceased. Leaving only the front.

Either the HK3 isn't compatible or the cameras are overheating. Whenever I touch the T3 after noticing these failures, the SD card and camera are scolding hot. So can't really say which is the cause.

I'll test parking mode with just front and interior camera. See what happens.

could be fun to see if that make any changes.
But i think you might have to lay off parking mode for a while, it dont seem to be dialed in yet.

could be fun to see if that make any changes.
But i think you might have to lay off parking mode for a while, it dont seem to be dialed in yet.

Trial and error. See what happens with only front and interior in parking mode. If that fails I'll disable parking mode all together. The Viofo records front and rear, so removing the rear camera from the T3 isn't going to prohibit much in terms of coverage. Merely another test to see what works and doesnt.

I'm leaning towards either Heat, HK3 Cable incompatible, or camera has some major major bugs going on. With either one, two, or three of these items occurring either separately or together at the same time.

So I let the camera run in parking mode and it still failed with only the front + interior. So either the HK3 hardwire kit isn't compatible (and that may be the case) or this camera has serious issues with parking mode. I'll disable parking mode going forward and simply use the cameras when driving. Ill leave connected to the hardwire kit for now. If it freezes up while connected to the hardwire kit, I'll plug in the 12V adapter.

if you change the loop setting I'd suggest formatting the card before you do any further recordings

if you change the loop setting I'd suggest formatting the card before you do any further recordings

FYI: On all the tests I've done, I have formatted the card prior to a setting change (know you are talking to KamKar).

My mind also wandered down that avenue, but i haven't dont it yet so i have a batch of bastard 1 min files in the middle of the card.
But for sure i am aware of the potential issue as the last 65GB fill up, i recon the 65 GB will tie me over for my H.265 testing tomorrow, also have to save on gasoline have been doing a lot of non "relevant" driving lately ( you know boy with new toy )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back