DR650GW-2CH Rear Camera Dead?

deza992450

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone.

I have the DR650GW-2CH which I purchased many many many years ago, within the last 12 months the rear camera stopped working, no light, no power. I know the cable isn't the issue as I have 2 other blackvue setups and have tested the camera with their known working cables. I also know that the coaxial pin on the rear camera itself isn't bent so we can rule that out, i've also plugged the rear into the known working fronts of the other 2 and still nothing, has anyone tried replacing any circuitry at all?

Rear camera has been taken apart and nothing appears to be damaged visually, coax port of camera looks good. Firmware had been updated to latest version.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds like a dead rear camera, unfortunately.

Does the port connector on the rear camera look damaged? The coaxial hole is still intact?

Could try a firmware reflash/update from here: https://www.blackvue.com/downloads Instructions are at the top of the page.

How did you take apart the rear camera?

My rear camera also just stopped working, I put in another rear camera from the same model and its working fine which tells me its something with the camera.

How do you take it apart properly without breaking anything? Can you please provide info.

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I have the DR650GW-2CH which I purchased many many many years ago, within the last 12 months the rear camera stopped working, no light, no power. I know the cable isn't the issue as I have 2 other blackvue setups and have tested the camera with their known working cables. I also know that the coaxial pin on the rear camera itself isn't bent so we can rule that out, i've also plugged the rear into the known working fronts of the other 2 and still nothing, has anyone tried replacing any circuitry at all?

Rear camera has been taken apart and nothing appears to be damaged visually, coax port of camera looks good. Firmware had been updated to latest version.

Cheers

My rear camera died as well. When checking the front video I noticed it would keep turning on and off every so often so I thought maybe a bad connection in the cable. I cut about three feet out of the coax and soldered it directly into the camera, same problem persisted. I also noticed the time date was contantly way off thinking the battery rtc battery needed replacing. I replaced it and none of the problems went away. Eventually another problem popped up, it would reboot about every 10 minutes. One day for the hell of it, I unplugged the rear camera and all problems went away. I now use my 650GW as a single camera and will be installing something else to use as a rear.

How do you take it apart properly without breaking anything? Can you please provide info.
There was some youtube video I found ro help me through this. It's been over a year so I don't remember what one.

I ended up figuring out how to take it apart, now just need to see whats going on and how. but everything looks fine at first glance.

My rear camera died as well. When checking the front video I noticed it would keep turning on and off every so often so I thought maybe a bad connection in the cable. I cut about three feet out of the coax and soldered it directly into the camera, same problem persisted. I also noticed the time date was contantly way off thinking the battery rtc battery needed replacing. I replaced it and none of the problems went away. Eventually another problem popped up, it would reboot about every 10 minutes. One day for the hell of it, I unplugged the rear camera and all problems went away. I now use my 650GW as a single camera and will be installing something else to use as a rear.

There was some youtube video I found ro help me through this. It's been over a year so I don't remember what one.

Attachments

• IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    410.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    372.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 17
Its all plastic clips, just need to use something thin like a plastic guitar pick to spread it apart where both sides meet up.

Thanks! It worked! I was afraid I might break something if I just pried it open. I was able to open it and clean my foggy lens. Now my rear camera is back in business. Appreciate your help!

Back