Only available switch fuse in such a poor place I cant fit the fuse holder in

RyanT

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I drive a Chevrolet Impala 2011 and am hardwiring a Thinkware F70, I just go the wiring where I need it to be and when I was checking the fuses, both when the car was off and 30 minutes after, there was only one available switch fuse for me to use, all of the others were hot. The issue is that with the fuse tap, I cannot actually fit the piggyback system back into the port because of the incredible poor fusebox design.

I literally have no clue what else I can do, so if anyone could help I'd be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I drive a Chevrolet Impala 2011 and am hardwiring a Thinkware F70, I just go the wiring where I need it to be and when I was checking the fuses, both when the car was off and 30 minutes after, there was only one available switch fuse for me to use, all of the others were hot. The issue is that with the fuse tap, I cannot actually fit the piggyback system back into the port because of the incredible poor fusebox design.

I literally have no clue what else I can do, so if anyone could help I'd be greatly appreciated.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...rolet/impala/2011_chevrolet_impala_owners.pdf

This manual is absolute garbage.

Do you have power seats? Those are always a nice Battery (Always On) Fuse. Heated Seats? Try ACC. no Heated Seats maybe sunroof? This manual is junk.

I’m good for an always on fuse, it’s the switch and there is literally no other option and I can’t find anything online

When you say switch, you mean ACC (Accessory when car turns on, this powers on)? Try Heated seats. If you don't have heated seats try the sunroof.

When you say switch, you mean ACC (Accessory when car turns on, this powers on)? Try Heated seats. If you don't have heated seats try the sunroof.

Yes ACC, and no heated seats and no sunroof

Yes ACC, and no heated seats and no sunroof

You may try Auxillary Outlets fuse for Accessory These should be your 12V sockets (cigarette lighter). Doubt it'll be tied to anything else as in newer modern cars. 12V sockets are only active if the key is in ignition and car started.

Back