DR650S-2CH IR Omnitracs Can I used a just Dash Cam?

soso11

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I new to this site, and to Dashcams all together..
Thanks for have me.
I have been given a DR650S-2CH IR Omnitracs, I don't want to use it as it is.. I want to used it as blackvue dr650s. front, and rear, in my car
Can I even use the Blackvue App, with it setup as Omnitracs. Or does Omnitracs have it's own app??
When I look for the dashcam on wifi, it shows up as Omnitracs.
Can I just update the firmware to Blackvue?
Please any help, i would be greatfull.

if Blackvue have done a rebranded version then it's unlikely you can just load the Blackvue firmware, not sure you'd gain anything by doing so anyway as it's an older unsupported model

Thanks my friend..
I also noticed theres is no cloud code, on these omnitracs blackvue.. Anyway i can connect to wifi in blackvue app.. thats all i needed, I also opened the rear camera and removed the ir leds, because at night they glared into the window, and theres no way to turn them off, i got these cams for free, so dont give a sh.t.
If I paid for the cams, i wouldn't have taken apart..

Try the default password, blackvue, for the smartphone app.

Regarding Cloud, try contacting BlackVue directly at cs@pittasoft.com

Update
This Omnitracs blackvue, is messed up, All my videos have wrong date and time, also the frimware installed says DR650gw 1.128 something?? I don't understand because it a DR650S 2CH it says that right on the camera itself?? GPS dosen't work as well..
Omnitracs jacked this thing up, when I try to install the right model frimware I get a model error,
anyone know if there a way to take off whatever omnitracs frimware is installed off ? or can I edit the frimware files on the sd card? im at a lost here..

All I can suggest is that you contact Omnitracs and ask them for every version of firmware they have for this and any very similar cam. Maybe one of them will work.

Playing with firmwares is risky and can easily lead to an unusable cam through errors or complete bricking
. Better to leave things alone and sell the cam while it's still usable then apply the funds to the purchase of a more suitable cam. Almost all of us who have been in this game for a long time will have experienced similar if we go to this level, and based on whose chipset it is there may not even be a possible solution available at all.

Phil

Did you ever figure it out?

I have a DR650GW-2CH with Omnitrac Firmware 1.02504 as well.
I was able to connect via wifi, but unable to upgrade the firmware. Firmware upload failed at 84%, camera reboots, without an upgrade.

Would be nice to remove the omnitrac firmware and revert to blackvue.

Manual I was able to find online: https://manualzz.com/doc/26184326/critical-event-video

Back