Zenfox T3 recived

Confirmed. Camera is overheating. Beginning at around 02:30 after reading nigel's suggesting, I had the car in the garage and let it record overnight. Camera recorded front / interior / rear just fine. So the cause of the Rear Camera failing to record, and later the interior camera exhibiting the same signs, is a heat issue.

Okay for my drive today i changed to H.265, and that was not a success at all.

First off i experienced another failure to start recording upon leaving my favorite gas station, and then after doing a manual start record while i was driving the camera recorded for a good while but then stopped ( again with the 1 second clips from all cameras beside the rear one )
So that mean for the first part of my drive i get 5 full 3 minute recordings from all 3 cameras, and then in the end two 1 second recordings from the front camera and the cabin camera.

After a stop the camera record fine again, but by then the rest of my drive home only take up just short of 4 full 3 minute segments.

All my files are playable, no corrupted files

So seem like H.265 are also a no go, cuz with H.264 last night the camera happily did +7 full 3 minute files and i am sure it would have done more if it was not for my drive ending.

The failure to start recording, it is now the 3 or 4 time i have seen this, and as i recall it happen with both H.265 and H.265.

First off i experienced another failure to start recording upon leaving my favorite gas station,
I wonder if setting the boot delay may help?

I have noticed that it is possible to get it to shut down on a short power interruption and then it does not start up again.

It is something i will experiment with for sure, it is a little gasoline car i drive so normally i do not use boot delay, but it is worth trying.

Okay going back to my old memory cards was no good, nothing have changed though now the camera put up " insert memory card " MSG more often.
I will get another A1 branded card tomorrow.

I have just been out on a drive ( +1 hour ) and using the not so good Kingston A1 card for storage, but there is a twist this time, cuz i used 10 minute segments size.

So had i used my normal 3 minutes ( or 1 for that matter as it seem to be the same ) then the camera would have recorded the first 4-5 segments no problem, and then after that stop every time it save or start on a few segment.
And so under those circumstances i would have had to start recording manual MANY times for the remainder of that +1 hour drive.
BUT ! as i used 10 min segments the camera recorded 4 files just fine before it stopped, so i got 40 minutes before the first stop.
It then stopped and i promptly started a new recording manual, and then the camera recorded one 10 minute file + a 6.4 minute file before i made a stop at a gas station, and after that it recorded two 10 min files and a 3 minute one before i was home and stopped my car.

So it seem like using 10 minutes make some differences ( i used low bitrate for this drive )
As usual it did 4-5 segments fine before the first camera stop, but then after that to follow the norm for 1 or 3 minute video size it should have stopped every 10 minutes s a new file was started after that, but it dident ????

So now i am even more inclined to think there are some "buffer" or something that dont get cleared good enough as a recording session progress, CUZ if it was a memory card write speed issue then surely having to deal in 10 minutes must be harder than 3 or 1 minute files
So i am going to repeat my drive later today but then using the very highest bitrate.

I also accept that the A1 kingston card must have some issues, it is just funny it can record for 40 minutes using 10 min videos, but using 1 or 3 minute videos it can only record for 4/5 or 12/15 min before the first camera stop.
So to me that say the kingston card can keep up just fine with the write load of the T3 camera, but something else do throw a spanner in the works.

A screen grab of the file structure of the drive, and as always in the stop the camera make a 3330 KB sized file from the front camera ( playable just fine, like all files are )

T1 10min files.jpg

I also just notice, the order of the 3 camera files, it seem to mess up some times

The order in this drive are: F/I/R - F/R/I - F/I/R - F/I/R / camera stop only small F/I saved ( maybe R failing to start saving is the issue of the stop ) F/R/I - F/I/R - F/I/R - F/I/R

So F/I/R but some times there is a F/R/I though it is in this case not near the STOP event, so probably not related, just a bit strange the order suddenly change,,,,, but i have seen this on other 2 channel systems where order might be A/B - A/B but then suddenly change to B/A - A/B - A/B

Looking at file structure from other drives i can see in those drives when the camera stop the R camera are also not saved as one of the small files a STOP event create, so maybe it is R channel not managing to get started that trigger the STOP event.

Though i seem to recall other guys having channels come and go in recording sessions.

Well :unsure: put me in a pair of high heels and a pink tutu and call me Ariel.
But i have just returned home from another hour of test driving, with the only change being the extreme bitrate, and wouldn't you know this time the T3 did not stop recording one time, just sat there recording every second of the drive.
Of course it is late in the day, but by no means any colder than in any of the recent days where i have been out and had the T3 stop again and again.

So to celebrate that i will mix it up, and speed it up and then share the result here.

Well :unsure: put me in a pair of high heels and a pink tutu and call me Ariel.
But i have just returned home from another hour of test driving, with the only change being the extreme bitrate, and wouldn't you know this time the T3 did not stop recording one time, just sat there recording every second of the drive.
Of course it is late in the day, but by no means any colder than in any of the recent days where i have been out and had the T3 stop again and again.

So to celebrate that i will mix it up, and speed it up and then share the result here.
what was the ambient temperature at the time?

17 - 18 degrees according to dashboard temp gauge, earlier it was 19 - 20 degrees C, on this drive there was actually more sun.
But at 8 - 9 in the evening it is of course low on the sky, so not any influence i am sure.

17 - 18 degrees according to dashboard temp gauge, earlier it was 19 - 20 degrees C, on this drive there was actually more sun.
But at 8 - 9 in the evening it is of course low on the sky, so not any influence i am sure.
20c = 68f in the cooler side considering Texas weather. We are about 36c = 97f

Yeah ideal the temperature should fluctuate around 25 degree C for me to call it summer, so for the past weeks we have been back to spring weather with daytime temperatures around 15 - 17 degrees.

16 /17 July we had the coldest July night in 19 years, just a couple of degrees in one place :confused:
High pressure weather are on the way but will not land in this area before next weekend and beyond.

The water temperatures the good June weather kicked up to 20 degrees, well in a week or so it was back down to 13 degrees, and i dont go in water unless it is 20 degrees minimum, and it need to be sunny and very light wind too.

My video are uploaded, youtube have not been kind to it, the RAW footage at 10X speed ( original bitrate ) look much better.
But you can still get a grasp on how it look just south of the town i live in.

Yeah ideal the temperature should fluctuate around 25 degree C for me to call it summer, so for the past weeks we have been back to spring weather with daytime temperatures around 15 - 17 degrees.

16 /17 July we had the coldest July night in 19 years, just a couple of degrees in one place :confused:
High pressure weather are on the way but will not land in this area before next weekend and beyond.

The water temperatures the good June weather kicked up to 20 degrees, well in a week or so it was back down to 13 degrees, and i dont go in water unless it is 20 degrees minimum, and it need to be sunny and very light wind too.
I would exchange local temperature with yours I that could be possible ;) :geek::cool:

My video are uploaded, youtube have not been kind to it, the RAW footage at 10X speed ( original bitrate ) look much better.
But you can still get a grasp on how it look just south of the town i live in.

Very nice footage and very nice country for sure...

Also a much lower corona pressure here than the great state of Texas.

Also a much lower corona pressure here than the great state of Texas.
Tell me about it... It is a huge mess in here. It seems like stupidity rules here now...

I am going on a long drive again tomorrow, my weekly planned visit to my mothers place, and then i will swing by my mates place to see his new driver tower ( a 30 foot container of some sort )
And the wood he have procured for me to build a staircase up to the top of the container, so people driving on the high speed offroad dirt track have a good view of it all.
Then we also need to fab up a railing of some sorts, we cant have people falling off the 10 foot tall thing in excitement, but this should also be fairly unproblematic.

Reactions: EGS
I just heard today, as they dont do corona numbers in the weekend anymore, one person have died from corona since Friday.
Most things have opened up here again though still some restrictions in place, and the braniacks are a bit surprised they have not seen the micro flare ups they expected from opening society up.
And as weather is not so good, Danes are lining up to go to a warmer place, lots of kids went to sunny beach ( Bulgaria ) as usual, only to have the bars down there close as they arrived,, but serving outside are still okay, so the kids can be drunk from dusk to dawn.
23468620-.jpg

Tell me about it... It is a huge mess in here. It seems like stupidity rules here now...
Seems more like nobody is ruling, the White House has given up and have left responsibility to the state governors, the state governors are failing to do anything useful and are leaving responsibility to the city mayors, the city mayors don't have the expertise or resources to be able to cope so are demanding the federal government provide help, Trump is saying it will all disappear in 2 or 3 weeks and is doing nothing other than prevent the experts from helping.

The virus will sort it all out, most of the country is getting close to herd immunity, so it will start to die away soon, except Texas which still has some way to go and needs a serious lockdown about 2 weeks ago.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sendoh_dash Zenfox 3
rcg530 Zenfox 12
kamkar Zenfox 7
R Zenfox 80
R Zenfox 4
Back