HCK3 or Software not hardware problems parking mode solution?

airflame

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ok i have 2 x HCK 3 and i tested them i connected them directly to car battery + / + and - / - and the parking mode stop working after some time on both of them. The car battery is new and fully charged.

So i connected cigarete socket directly to car battery.
1.jpg

And to this socket i connected a original cigarete socket from viofo and usb cable to it and i plug that to camera. Guess what happened?

Its working, its not changing to parking mode but its working full time. It seems this is a software problem or HCK3 problem. In car there was temp 65+C when i was testing this.

Can someone that have problems with the parking mode test this out and confirm his camera is recording full time without parking mode?

Last edited:
It should be switching in parking mode. The problem is it switches back to normal if there is any movement in an image. (don't know why)

It should be switching in parking mode. The problem is it switches back to normal if there is any movement in an image. (don't know why)

I have v2.0 and i have disabled motion detection (off) and leaved parking mode low-bitrate. It dont switch to parking mode after 5 minutes xD
Recording all the time fullhd. Funny thing is when i cover the lens with some black paper and stick it camera dont go to parking mode after 5 minutes :p

Last edited:
I have v2.0 and i have disabled motion detection (off) and leaved parking mode low-bitrate. It dont switch to parking mode after 5 minutes xD
Recording all the time fullhd.
I was talking about the exact same configuration (motion detection off, low-bitrate parking mode, motion detection in parking mode low). Did you check your card for any "parking mode" files or did you just wait/check if the camera enters in parking mode?

My test unit sometimes won't enter to parking mode, sometimes it does. It almost seems like the motion detection isn't turned off or there really something odd going on with ACC detection.

EDIT:
... Funny thing is when i cover the lens with some black paper and stick it camera dont go to parking mode after 5 minutes :p
Well, ok then.

I was talking about the exact same configuration (motion detection off, low-bitrate parking mode, motion detection in parking mode low). Did you check your card for any "parking mode" files or did you just wait/check if the camera enters in parking mode?

My test unit sometimes won't enter to parking mode, sometimes it does. It almost seems like the motion detection isn't turned off or there really something odd going on with ACC detection.

EDIT:

Well, ok then.

In 2 wire setup +/- there is no "ACC detection" it enter parking mode in 5 min after stoping car. It detects in that 5 minute is there any g-sensor shaking.

If You trun on movment detection to on in options. It will only record when movment detected in front or back camera if You have duo.

Last edited:
Been over a year I had the Duo, so please do correct me if I'm wrong. Don't think it detects movement and exits Parking Mode, it's based on the g-sensor. Should resume normal recording only if the car starts moving and goes above a certain speed.

Been over a year I had the Duo, so please do correct me if I'm wrong. Don't think it detects movement and exits Parking Mode, it's based on the g-sensor. Should resume normal recording only if the car starts moving and goes above a certain speed.

Sorry i made a mistake it will only go out of parking mode if the g-sensor shake. I was talking about when You have motion detection in options turned on. It detects the movment from front and back camera and then start recording.

In 2 wire setup +/- there is no "ACC detection" it enter parking mode in 5 min after stoping car.
I'm perfectly aware of that. But inside the camera there still is the wire present... It does look it's pulled-down to ground by 2.7kΩ - all the time normal mode, so software should handle that after 5 minutes (and it does but it's not consistant).

Well it depends on what is your firmware version and your experience (could be a bug for me and some other users). If we are talking about "movement detection" it means movement in front of the camera and it works as it should until v1.7 where it somehow has changed and camera exits parking mode as soon as motion is present (at least in case where HK3 isn't used).

Last edited:
I'm perfectly aware of that. But inside the camera there still is the wire present... It does look it's pulled-down to ground by 2.7kΩ - all the time normal mode, so software should handle that after 5 minutes (and it does but it's not consistant).

Well it depends on what is your firmware version and your experience (could be a bug for me and some other users). If we are talking about "movement detection" it means movement in front of the camera and it works as it should until v1.7 where it somehow has changed and camera exits parking mode as soon as motion is present (at least in case where HK3 isn't used).

I am sending my camera back and want a refund. And i will invest money in something else. Something that works...

To be clear in V2.0 if
You set up option Auto event detection in Parking mode its a buffer recording it will record on motion detection (movment in front or back camera). https://www.viofo.com/en/blog/advanced-buffered-parking-mode-b22.html
If You set up option motion detection (on) it will record without buffer on. Motion detection (movment in front or back camera) will trigger recording.
If You set up to low-bitrate in Parking mode it will record all the time i low (when acc give 0V or in 2 wire will 5 min waiting time) but when You use g-sensor it will switch back to normal recording. But question is if it will go to normal recording when movment in front or back camera?

Last edited:
Ok, so this:
Recording all the time fullhd. ...
wasn't a mistake, you are talking about old A129 the whole time.

This is A129Pro section.

Ok, so this:

wasn't a mistake, you are talking about old A129 the whole time.

This is A129Pro section.

I was talking about pro and now i am talking about old a129. On both cameras 2wire give me same results on v2.0 not going to parking mode low-bitrate. On HCK3 parking mode just was shutting down the camera. I sended A129 pro to viofo and wanted them send me normal A129 and they did. Same problem with A129 so now i am refnd it.

But question is if it will go to normal recording when movment in front or back camera?

No and why? If it does that, you'll have a few seconds gap in the recording.

For interested this is the A129 PRO shut down in normal temp in parking mode xD

02:29 <-- :)

What did you set in HK3? Because according to time it looks like HK3 kills power to the cam due to "low-voltage". (keep in mind the HK3 isn't precise so 12.4V from your bench can be "12V")

Or have you done this test even via just a USB cable?

Last edited:
What did you set in HK3? Because according to time it looks like HK3 kills power to the cam due to "low-voltage". (keep in mind the HK3 isn't precise so 12.4V from your bench can be "12V")

Or have you done this test even via just a USB cable?

I done this test with 2x HK3 and two of them had this problem with A129 PRO DUO. I set up 11,8V on HK3. On laboratory power supply i have 12.40V and MAX 10A setup.

Ok, don't know what's wrong with your HK3s but if it was ParkingMode related i would expect it to fail at the time it switches modes. However, camera in the video turned off after about 90 seconds which is conveniently close to 90s which HK3 uses as a delay in case of some temporary voltage fluctuation/drop...

Again, what about using normal USB cable..?

Last edited:
Sorry i made a mistake it will only go out of parking mode if the g-sensor shake. I was talking about when You have motion detection in options turned on. It detects the movment from front and back camera and then start recording.

On the HK3 kit, Yellow is accessory (select a activates when car is started and disabled when car turns off), Red is Battery (is always running..Like Power Seats, etc) and Black is ground.

It sounds like you have an improper fuse selection.

Please provide us a make, model, and year of your vehicle and we can look at the manual to tell you proper fuse selection.

According to his video above he's perfectly aware of which wire to use. ;) (not to mention his bench power supply which isn't a common tool in every house...)

And the fact he tested it outside a car excludes fuse selection error as well.

According to his video above he's perfectly aware of which wire to use. ;) (not to mention his bench power supply which isn't a common tool in every house...)

And the fact he tested it outside a car excludes fuse selection error as well.

A bench test may not replicate real world conditions. I suggest he try wiring hardwire kit to car and plug camera into kit. Then seeing what happens. As someone pointed out, it seems 2 kits are having the same issue at the same marked timeframe. Doubt the issue is kit related.

Back