SG9663DR firmware updates

any news on the full product manual yet?
Also is there any way you can improve the volume of the inbuilt speaker by way of a firmware update? (A volume control perhaps) Any suggestions appreciated.

Many are not too keen on too loud welcome chimes, so this is walking a slack line for SG.
But i will say that alarm chimes, should be as loud as technical possible, if it is possible to distinguish that event chime from regular sounds of the unit.

Very true but would be nice to have more volume for warning chimes especially if the unit is hidden away out of sight.
You never know it might be possible.

Yeah, we can put it forward at least, SG listen to their customers.
But many things have been denied us as it have not been technical possible wit the hardware in use.

The DR for instance it can not remeber your setting for which camera you want to preview, but the T3 i am testing on a newer chipset of course, that one is able to do that, so progress on the SOC front at least.

any news on the full product manual yet?
Sorry, that's waiting on me to get some stuff done still, I had an unplanned eye surgery which I'm still recovering from which is limiting my time on computer at the moment, hopefully will be able to look at that this weekend

May you recover quickly and fully @jokiin (y)

You never know just how important vision is to every aspect of your life until it isn't working correctly :eek:

Phil

May you recover quickly and fully @jokiin (y)

You never know just how important vision is to every aspect of your life until it isn't working correctly :eek:

Phil
thanks, getting better each day, doctor says things should be back to normal in a few weeks time

Sorry, that's waiting on me to get some stuff done still, I had an unplanned eye surgery which I'm still recovering from which is limiting my time on computer at the moment, hopefully will be able to look at that this weekend
No problem.No need to apologise and get well soon.
Any ideas on the volume question?

No problem.No need to apologise and get well soon.
Any ideas on the volume question?
it can likely be adjusted to be quieter as an option, making it louder would need a hardware change, will look at that and see what's possible, with a louder speaker we might then need an option to reduce the volume, speaker is the same as we use in other models, not being on the window does mean it ends up being quieter though so I get why a louder speaker might be preferred by some

it can likely be adjusted to be quieter as an option, making it louder would need a hardware change, will look at that and see what's possible, with a louder speaker we might then need an option to reduce the volume, speaker is the same as we use in other models, not being on the window does mean it ends up being quieter though so I get why a louder speaker might be preferred by some
Thank you for quick reply. I was looking at louder for warning chimes as this is what I usually rely on as visible warnings can be missed when you are driving but I wouldn't fancy buying another dr unit just to get a louder speaker.
I have found the speaker in the dr compared to a dc sounds a lot quieter even when they are sat next to each other.
Once again thanks for listening to an old fart drivel on.

same type of speaker but placement does impact the output, more vents on the DC (out of necessity) help with that, will check if it can be adjusted in firmware to be louder, gut feeling is that it can't though

same type of speaker but placement does impact the output, more vents on the DC (out of necessity) help with that, will check if it can be adjusted in firmware to be louder, gut feeling is that it can't though
ok thanks for answer to question. I kind of thought the same about firmware but you never know.
Old fart signing off :coffee: coffee break time.

If you don't need to look at the screen when listening, you can get audio out from the av port. It's not very loud, but maybe you can attach it to powered speakers or mix it into your car audio. My car stereo, which can play DVDs (never used), has an av aux input that I use for viewing and hearing the DR.

[emoji106]
I like how the red LED above the screen (upper left) and the remote button blink at the same time.

0b137c19e654b57119492529a3f670df.jpg

Are you sure? I updated to v1.10 yesterday, but do not see the same as you. They do initially blink at the same time, right after starting up, but after a few blinks the main unit LED seems to blink a tiny bit faster.

Do I need this updated firmware to be able to view the camera on the app?

EDIT: Never mind upgraded to this firmware and still get the black screen for live view on this camera on iOS. Odd the live view is a black screen while I am able to edit the settings and view videos..

Do I need this updated firmware to be able to view the camera on the app?

EDIT: Never mind upgraded to this firmware and still get the black screen for live view on this camera on iOS. Odd the live view is a black screen while I am able to edit the settings and view videos..
which model device do you have?

Back