Firmware 20200707 breaks DashCam Viewer and DVPlayer support

fozrider

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I flashed the new firmware and it now encodes the GPS differently. I use DashCam Viewer to watch the files as well as combine and export files of interest. It is also possible to export the gpx track to other software and that is very useful. The new firmware breaks the gps decoding and map display in DashCam Viewer as well as in the DVPlayer app.

Can this be fixed? I also can't seem to find the older firmware file to revert back to 20200327.

There are quite a few people looking at the B1M as an alternative to the Innov unit, but DashCam Viewer compatibility is pretty important!

Thanks

I also can't seem to find the older firmware file to revert back to 20200327.
It is available on the website!
And also you can download our free GPS player on our website!

Its 20200327 firmware is available on the website now!
Or you can download it here

Its 20200327 firmware is available on the website now!
Or you can download it here

Thanks.

Are there any plans to make the newer firmware compatible with DashCam Viewer, or have the DashCam Viewer developers able to decode the GPS data?

Thanks,

Are there any plans to make the newer firmware compatible with DashCam Viewer
I would like our users to use our GPS player. It is free! :)

I would like our users to use our GPS player. It is free! :)

Yes but your viewer doesn't export GPX tracks or kml files for google earth, merge various video files including front and rear cameras into a single video file, have automatic trip segments, automatic significant sound event detection (like a crash or sounding your horn), etc. It's one of the most popular viewers and you will sell many more units if your system is compatible with it.

You could also export the gpx track, video, combine it with Canbus data for gears, acceleration, braking etc and make a pretty exciting video!

Last edited:
Yes but your viewer doesn't export GPX tracks or kml files for google earth, merge various video files including front and rear cameras into a single video file, have automatic trip segments, automatic significant sound event detection (like a crash or sounding your horn), etc. It's one of the most popular viewers and you will sell many more units if your system is compatible with it.

You could also export the gpx track, video, combine it with Canbus data for gears, acceleration, braking etc and make a pretty exciting video!
send the sample files from the new firmware to @traveler so he can check them and adjust the player software accordingly

send the sample files from the new firmware to @traveler so he can check them and adjust the player software accordingly

Did that, he says the new firmware makes it impossible to decode. He's asked the manufacturer to give him the encoding method. It seems BlueSkySea altered the code so it's not compatible, completely different, from the previous files I sent. Not a good sales move in my opinion!

Did that, he says the new firmware makes it impossible to decode. He's asked the manufacturer to give him the encoding method. It seems BlueSkySea altered the code so it's not compatible, completely different, from the previous files I sent. Not a good sales move in my opinion!
there would be a reason it changed, new SDK maybe, it won't just be some random idea to alter the GPS data, they'll need to talk to the manufacturer and get details of what has changed

Blueskysea/estore009 makes great efforts to please their customers so I expect this will get resolves soon ;) And Traveller also works equally hard on his player platform which is definitely one of the best for dashcams :) It just takes a bit of time to get things worked out when something new or different comes along, and it helps when people report what they find to get the process started ASAP (y) A bit of patience and all will be good soon I think!

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M B1M 4
F B1M 24
J B1M 31
Back