Parking modes?

Symphy

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone!

In the search for a dashcam solution for my "new" car i came acros this product and it seems pretty much everything i want. However i do not quite understand the parking modes...
First of all, is the "motion detection function" that is mentioned in the manual based on image analisys? I could not use that as my car is parked in the streets most of the time. It would be constantly recording traffic passing by.

I would like it to start recording only when someone hits my car while parking for example. Can this be done? How sensitive will it be? All input is apreciated.

Symphy

Hi Sympathy. Yes, the K2S has a G sensor mode so that it will only park record when the G sensor detects an impact. It is very sensitive and the sensitivity level can be adjusted in the settings.

Thanx for the response!

Are you referring to "G sensor motion detection" mode or "G sensor time laps" mode?
What i actually had in mind is entering parking mode by ignition key (ACC power), and activate recording in parking mode only by g-sensor. No timelaps and no visual motion detection. None of the 6 modes listed in the manual seem to do just that.

I get the impression that "motion detection" actually is about visual motion outside detected by the camera, not about motion detected by the g-sensor., And that the g-sensor can only be used as an alternative for ACC power to enter or leave parking mode, but not to just initiate a recording.

is it correct that the g-sensor sensitivity can not be set separately for driving mode & park mode ?
Cos I'd like to have low sensitivity while driving, but high when parked

is it correct that the g-sensor sensitivity can not be set separately for driving mode & park mode ?
Cos I'd like to have low sensitivity while driving, but high when parked
In normal drive mode (non-parking detection), the sensitivity can be set arbitrarily.

In the parking mode, it is always fixed at high sensitivity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
knwatkins K2S 19
Back