Wiring Issue

Geordie576

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

First time poster - so be gentle!
My Hondsa Civic Type S has a Blackvue 750 back & front dashcam fitted and I'm about to replace it with an Auto-Vox V5PRO, Is it possible/safe to use the existing wiring for the rear camera without removing it and replacing it with a new lead? I'm not an electrician so I have no idea - hope you can advise. Thanks

Geordie

Depending on how the cable has been installed, it may be easy to attach the new cable to the old cable and pull the new one into place as you pull the old one out. Make sure you tape the connection so that there aren't any sharp edges exposed to catch on things. If the old one goes down to the floor that may not help, but if it goes through the roof then it may make it a simple change.

Hi Guys,

First time poster - so be gentle!
My Hondsa Civic Type S has a Blackvue 750 back & front dashcam fitted and I'm about to replace it with an Auto-Vox V5PRO, Is it possible/safe to use the existing wiring for the rear camera without removing it and replacing it with a new lead? I'm not an electrician so I have no idea - hope you can advise. Thanks

Geordie
Cheers Jokiin - I thought that might be the case and I was hoping to avoid the hassle of pulling back the panels! Still not to worry if it needs doing it it'll be done properly. Might just try attaching the new to the old andpulling them through.

Depending on how the cable has been installed, it may be easy to attach the new cable to the old cable and pull the new one into place as you pull the old one out. Make sure you tape the connection so that there aren't any sharp edges exposed to catch on things. If the old one goes down to the floor that may not help, but if it goes through the roof then it may make it a simple change.

Hi Nigel - Yes I think I will try that as the power cable and the rear camera cable are both rooted around the headlining and behind the door pillars. Cheers

Back