SJ8 Pro firmware 1.3.2

benjos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SJ8 Pro, Rexing V1P Max, Dome D201, Xiaomi Yi
SJCam finally released firmware 1.3.2 for SJ8 Pro.

I will try it and report back later. Note that it may be a while before I report back since I'm not commuting much.

After flashing the firmware, the camera shows that v1.3.2 is dated 2019.12.18.
The firmware still has a bug where you can change the Color Profile from "SJCam - Vivid" to "Flat" but the menu still displays as "SJCam - Vivid" ; however, you can still see the camera screen is using the "Flat" profile. I notice that Flat color profile works better than Vivid for darker areas. After you reboot the camera, it will not save the flat profile and it will change back to vivid.

Firmware v1.3.2 is stable. The 1440p 60fps HEVC works and didn't crash on me like the old versions did. I still saw a "slow SD card" message occassionally when using my Samsung Evo Select 256 GB card. I put in a San Disk High Endurance (V30) 64 GB card and never saw the slow SD card message. Other than the stability improvement for 1440p, the firmware functions the same as before (with same bug of "SJCam - Vivid" to "Flat").

Last edited:
In the last 2 weeks, I experienced 1 freeze and 2 crashes. The freeze still let me hold the power button down for 10 seconds and then it shut off. The other 2 crashes required me to take the battery out. 1 crash was after I pressed the record button to stop recording and turned it off and then turned it back on (I have it set to auto start recording in Video mode). Apparently it didn't record anything since that boot up. The 2nd crash was in the middle of my commute and I only noticed it when I got home. These freezes/crashes were using the San Disk High Endurance 64 GB card and with recording with 10 minute files while mounted to my bicycle helmet. They should not have overheated because the temperature was about 70-75 degrees F during the times it crashed.

Looks like SJCam republished 1.3.2 version on their website and the link in the original post is working again; however, the RAR file is different than it was in May 2020.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Falsificator SJ8 42
Back