iker höek

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Dash Cam
B1M
Hello fellows.

I've just bought a B1M.

Wired it to a wall adapter to test it. Everything seemed fine except the 3rd LED (which I swear is green and not blue as the manual says) stays always flashing.

Tried wiring it to the bike, thinking that may be something to do with voltage but it's the same, 3rd LED stays flashing.

According to the manual the 3rd LED flashing means "GPS signal reception is abnormal". Since its flashing, there's no doubt it detects something there, it's just not working as it should.

I already tried:
- Turn it off and on again
- Several wall adaptors to both USB connectors.
- Reset button
- Reset to factory defaults
- Reflashed firmware 20200707
- Downgraded to 20200327
- Re-upgraded to 20200707
- Sticking the GPS module out of the window
- WD40'd the GPS module terminals

I would love it to there be some magic pass that could solve it and saved me from having to send it back since it was an arm in taxes.

Do any of you have any advice?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention: the video doesn't have any GPS data overlayed. Just as if there wasn't any GPS connected.

Last edited:
Thanks jokiin, I just wrote on his profile.

Just as if there wasn't any GPS connected
Did you purchase the extra GPS module?
If yes, please tell me how you connect the GPS module into the DVR unit?

Hello.

Yes, I bougth it as a package with the GPS.

I'm connecting it between the power cord and the DVR, at the fourth connector.

Attachments

• 20200907_200633.jpg
    20200907_200633.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 9
It is the correct connection for the GPS module!

And there is a supplied USB power cable, you can use your power bank to power it on and give it a test outside for the GPS function!
Its GPS module should work when outside!

I already tried outside with a powerbank on a clearing (after posting) and it's the same, the LED just blinks.

I already tried outside with a powerbank on a clearing (after posting) and it's the same, the LED just blinks.
PM me your order details, and I will ask the seller to send you this GPS module!

Will do.

Thank you very much.

Hello fellows.

Now that I have had the chance of installing and using this unit more often, I've have found some issues I'd love some help with:
  1. Every second time I connect to the DVR, the app gets stuck on the splash screen (the white one with the bike shape on the blue strip).
    I have to turn the DVR off and on again.
    This happens every single time when I try to recconect without first rebooting the DVR.
    Upon rebooting, all settings revert to default.
  2. Very often the app gets stuck while entering the settings screen.
    I have to force close the app and reboot the device (to avoid No. 1 issue).
  3. Most of the recordings go to the EMR folder.
    This wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't because it eventually fills up the SD and nothing can be recorded anymore.
    I'm willing to bet this could be a short in the remote control wiring connector.
  4. The red cable alone turns to DVR on when connected to current even with the yellow one not connected. The yellow one does not.
    I had to reverse the cables and connect the yellow one to BATT and the red one to switched power.
    This is not really important but it wasn't the way it's suppsed to be.

As a note. the device has always made tree beeps upon booting up and three beeps when shutting down but i've seen it makes just one while botting up on videos I've seen. What do three beeps indicate? Is it the GPS?

Firmware is 20200901.
SD is a 128 GB AData formatted on ExFAT IIRC.
App version is 1.0.6.

I must say I'm pretty pleased with the thing, even taking into account the issues I'm having, it does do perfect for what I got it.

Thanks in advance.

Every second time I connect to the DVR, the app gets stuck on the splash screen (the white one with the bike shape on the blue strip).
You should disconnect the dashcam before you exit the app! There is a disconnect icon on the APP interface;
Very often the app gets stuck while entering the settings screen.
Give it a try with a high speed card and also give it a try after you switch on the airplane mode?
Most of the recordings go to the EMR folder.
Find a more stable and solid platform for the camera part and the main unit to avoid vibrations!
Also, you can set up the G-sensor off or set up it with the value LOW
The red cable alone turns to DVR on when connected to current even with the yellow one not connected. The yellow one does not.
The yellow wire must be connected! You can tap the red wire and yellow wire to the same ACC switch!

You should disconnect the dashcam before you exit the app! There is a disconnect icon on the APP interface;

Give it a try with a high speed card and also give it a try after you switch on the airplane mode?

Find a more stable and solid platform for the camera part and the main unit to avoid vibrations!
Also, you can set up the G-sensor off or set up it with the value LOW

The yellow wire must be connected! You can tap the red wire and yellow wire to the same ACC switch!

OMG it all sounds so obvious now.

Will try your tips!

Thank you very much!

Hello.

Sorry for the long time since my last message.

Just had the opportunity to make a long trip and I can report the new GPS works perfectly!

Thank you very much for your help and excellent customer service =)

Cheers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P B1M 2
L B1M 6
Back