Finevu X500 review

Davidisgood

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
I see there are no reviews of FineVu X500 so I'm gonna share my unboxing review with you guys.
My Korean friend recommended FineVu, saying it's famous for good quality and reasonable(?) price in Korea.
So I found this on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B081VWHPHG)
When I bought it, I got a $10 coupon but it seems they don't give anymore? Feeling lucky ;)

20200910_162101743.jpg

The box is simple.

20200910_162101743_02.jpg

At first, I thought it's a bit expensive but it comes with Samsung 64gb sd card (pro endurance).

20200910_162101743_03.jpg

When you open it, you'll see the front camera, manual and sd card with an adapter. (sd card was inserted in the camera)
The camera actually looks like a fancy digital camera tho. Let's hope it doesn't attract strangers. :O

20200910_162101743_04.jpg

Hardwire and cigar jack cables are included. I'll use hardwire because I wanna use the parking mode.

20200910_162101743_05.jpg

Rear camera and cable. I like the simple design.
GPS is also included and there are a mounting bracket and tapes. It's not a suction cup so you have to stick the camera on a windshield.

20200910_162101743_07.jpg

Menus are very easy to see. The screen is 3.5".

20200910_162101743_08.jpg

Has ADAS and you can turn it on/off or change the LDWS alert by speed level. The weird thing I noticed is that it's all in English, but the speed unit is km, not mph lol.

20200910_162101743_13.jpg

I like the LCD screen because I can check the recorded video files directly through the screen.
The files are divided by Driving/event/parking event/parking motion and camcorder.

20200910_162101743_16.jpg

I installed it in my car. Pretty huh?

OVERALL: I'll have to drive and test more but so far nothing to complain.
It works fine and I like the ADAS function and videos are saved without any loss.
It's FHD 1080p so the video quality looks clear and vivid.
I'll upload some videos next time.

Looking forward to seeing some video, and hear more about daily performance / use.
I like screen cameras, but no matter how big i would not look over footage in the car, i have a nice big PC and monitor for that at home, and a nice soft office chair where i am comfortable while viewing footage.

What bitrates to it record in ? Korean cameras often like to be on the lower side.

Looking forward to seeing some video, and hear more about daily performance / use.
I like screen cameras, but no matter how big i would not look over footage in the car, i have a nice big PC and monitor for that at home, and a nice soft office chair where i am comfortable while viewing footage.

What bitrates to it record in ? Korean cameras often like to be on the lower side.

Can I upload only youtube links?
I extracted some files but it keeps failing to upload here.

Use a file-sharing service like Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega.NZ, etc. Be sure to enable the permissions to allow anyone to reach the file ;)

Phil

The bitrate is 10mbps.

ok, looks like you'll have to live with the video quality if there aren't any quality options you can adjust
Yes for me the quality is good enough to read car plates. Any other recommendations?

It's either good enough to read plates or it isn't, which most suck at anyway. Point is, it can't be subjective.

Some cams generally tend to capture plates better than others, but no cam gets them reliably or under every circumstance. And sometimes a 'lesser' cam will get a plate which the 'better' one doesn't.

All you can do is decide for yourself if what you're getting is good enough for you. Those desiring to purchase a new cam can watch raw vids to help determine that.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rcg530 Dash Cam Reviews 3
Back